Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Throwing Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Throw training in the off season?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gingernaut25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throw training in the off season?
    Posted: 8/21/18 at 2:28pm
Hey guys

Last August I tore my right quadriceps tendon completely. My surgeon said it wasnt even a typical clean snap, it pulled apart like pulled pork. Its changed my whole perspective on training and about 3 weeks ago I began doing Oly lifts, to the best of my ability. I'm at about 95% recovered, but I cant get into a deep squat yet pain free, so I do power versions of the quick lifts, slightly modifying the Catalyst starter program. I also get a fair amount of discomfort pulling fro the floor, so I do hangs or pull of 4ish inch platforms. 

My question *finally* is how much throw practice do you do in the off season? I'm pushing hard to throw in the Victoria games in may 2019. I didnt get any throwing in this season obviously and my previous career had me away for EVERY games in Alberta the year go. Soooo I'm rusty and didnt have great technique to start with lol  I'm looking for a horse dome to throw in this winter maybe, but other wise with say a 20/20 space what sort of drills would you all recommend to find my footing again so to speak while the weather gets frigid?

I'm thinking basic hammer winds. Line drill for WFD. Im getting an indoor shot and i think i can gear up a stop net in our gym maybe to practice putting. Another other ideas would be awesome! 
Horse power is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how much wall you take with you on the other side!
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/18 at 8:12am
If you haven't already, get the Training Lab and the Throwing Lab books written by Matt Vincent. They have a pretty good Winter program in there. You'll have to alter the percentages to work with your injury recovery, but other than that it should work great for you.
I'm just an idiot, pretending to be smart.
Wiggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wiggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/19 at 3:05pm
Check out these drills from Ryan Stewart. Great for the off season. http://youtu.be/Jt5mWtH94HQ

Edited by Wiggs - 12/31/19 at 7:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic