Print Page | Close Window

Lehi, Utah Games

Printed From: Nasgaweb
Category: Nasgaweb Forums
Forum Name: General
Forum Discription: This forum is for general discussion about Scottish Heavy Athletics.
URL: http://www.nasgaweb.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7196
Printed Date: 3/28/24 at 3:33pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lehi, Utah Games
Posted By: Brent Abbott
Subject: Lehi, Utah Games
Date Posted: 6/16/08 at 5:28am

Thanks to Gordon, Josh and Jeff for another great Lehi games! Special thanks also to Rick and Sherry Lavalle for putting myself, Mike Susmark and John "Spicy McHaggis" Mclure up for the weekend.

I dont know what was tougher, the competition or recovering from the saturday night BBQ at Ricks. Its not a good sign when the state liquor store cashier remembers you.

Speaking for the 40+, the most competitive masters outside of worlds I have been in. New comers John Jay and Mark Prows whooped up on us in the moring, not to mention huge improvements by Rich Campbell in the hammers. I believe John Jay and Rich had PRs in the hammers (108' RC)(85'+ JJ) and as everyone expected, Mark waited until us novices got tired of sheaf before he got up an set the new field record at 32'. I believe Spicy, John J., Calvin Rich and Hammy set or matched their PRs in sheaf. I was lucky to have 2nd. Mark took some good ribbing about his fork.

WFH, I believe we still had 4 people in at 17'6" and 3 at 18'! John Jay continued his rampage and got a 1' PR at 18' standing! This is the first time I took 2nd with a 18' mark.

Caber was relatively light, so it was an accuracy shoot out with me and Spicy on top, and with a cleverly set bet, Rich will be buying scotch as the first with a 12, thanks Rich!

John Jay and Rich were the monsters of Braemar. I think I speak for all of us that by the time we hit WFD, we were all pretty toast.

Congrats to John for his continued and marked improvement since Phoenix, I beleive this will be the last time I can stay ahead of him. congrats to Mark for his new national Sheaf title, Calvin and Rich for their new PRs and Rich's great overall marks and of course Spicy, because if he ever started practicing, we'd all be toast. He did whoop up on me on Strong man the night before, im glad there wasnt money riding on the games Mike Susmark, of course maximized his strong man money in the ams (the money was better, since there were no pros! )

thanks Sherry and Rich for pictures and video to help keep my Kronik fix coming I will especially covet this win as I was expecting a continued spanking all day from a top field. Thank you guys for putting up with me as well, im sure i was an excited ass when i figured there was a chance for a win.

The AZ crew plans on being back next year with Mr. Ice Chips: Ryan Seckman as he reenters after rehab in the 190s.

I hope to see everyone at the Flagstaff Games 19 & 20th of July. Ive got lots of cups and not many A's! Its so very nice up there in July and I have put in a weather order with the Big Guy to not hail on us on saturday, even if Mike is trying to break my old field records.

Special thanks to my special Little Kronik Girl: Gretchen Conerly, who while still in Kansas competing, still kept me in my happy place.

Replies:
Posted By: seckmrl
Date Posted: 6/16/08 at 8:29am
Great recap Brent thanks. I wish I could have been there to see the battles. I am back in training ice chips and all and hope to be ready to compete with the 190s next year. As always Utah puts on a great event. WAY TO GO GORDON and group!!!

Posted By: caberdropper
Date Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:02pm

no problem MR Abbot and we might have room for Ryan as long as hes 190 next year. my truck can only handle so much !

things i discovered this weekend .

8oz prime rib special is now a kids meal.

state liquor store cashier has good memory .

4 closed doors cant block out snoring

my dogs are now scared of kilts

15 lbs of rib eyes for 4 guys is not to much

my jacuzzi has a weight limit

my chairs have a weight limit

you can drink that much in 2 days

brent smells like salami (why do you smell like that ? )

mike and eggs are no good

mike likes been hand fed  ( got me thinking ? )

brent pours a stiff drink

spicy can Q it up like no other . (thanks big guy )

not all Canadians are A holes . Cheers Karen!

I'm sure their is more but my head still hurts !

most people get tips on how to throw .not me now i can buy a bottle with the best and can cook bacon with everything !thanks for the tips !!!!!!!! Rick N Sherry .

Posted By: Ryan Stewart
Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 6:15am
Good to see you again Brent. Had fun watching you old guys go at it. Susmark, I had a great time throwing with ya all day. Hope to see you guys again soon.

-------------
John Gallagher- "MASS MOVES MASS"

Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 6:41am

Awesome Rick

and for the record, the Costco girl said we ALL smelled like salami (package didnt make it to checkout intact)

Ryan, great watching you on Sheaf and WFH! even brighter future for you ahead.

Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 8:17am

Ok, no one can say i take myself too seriously, from Rick and Sherry's party:

Modelling the Travelling Kilt for Karyn. Which is more scary? me in that or the way Jeff Loosle is looking at me? (drinking was involved I heard)

Great Venue!

Fixing Sheaf standards after Rich Campbell pumelled them. Crowd cheered more for that than the throwers.

pictures from Kayrn - Kilted Canuk

Posted By: Ryan Stewart
Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 9:11am
I just threw up in my mouth . Loosle is so looking at your ass.

-------------
John Gallagher- "MASS MOVES MASS"

Posted By: Kilted Canuck
Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 9:29am
Brent, your legs look sexy ...... and I see you choose to keep the Hot tub pictures out of nasga... good idea   You guys were a blast to hang out with and fantastic games, Gordon did an awesome job!! Rick & Sherry are the best... perfect BBQ setting, over the top with all the food and putting up with all of us, breaking chairs, drinking the house dry, hot tub overflow, Brent using his pda (even in the hot tub), and us generally taking over their house!  And yes I did make it back to Canada with the "weapons of death" that took 2 hrs to pack and wrap up.   
Thanks so much to all the throwers......, Gordon, Josh, Jeff and everyone who made for a perfect first visit to Utah.  Hey I even got to practice my Sign Language.. very cool.  Cheers Karyn 

Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 9:31am
great pics Karyn. I have a restraining order to not publish anymore hot tub pics, but you can!

Posted By: Kilted Canuck
Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 9:35am
Brent, I may be Canadian but not crazy!  
Cheers Karyn

Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 11:47am

08 Utah 40-49 Masters

L-R Dan "Hammy" Hamilton, Mark "Sheaf Master" Prows, Brent "MiniKilt" Abbott, Rich "Scotch Master" Campbell, Calvin "PR City" Campbell, John "Spicy" McClure, John "18 standing" Jay and AD Gordon "You Primadonnas!" DeWalt (missing Judge Josh Wiggins)

Date Posted: 6/17/08 at 12:21pm

The Three Highlanders just arrived at Salt Lake

Quick stop for 16 oz prime rib snack (or 8 oz kids meal)

The ever enticing Utah State Store

we had to go back for more whiskey (another Sazerac rye and something else i cant remember)

(Spicy McHaggis, Rick "8 oz" LaValle and Mike "Tire Master" Susmark)

Mike getting full extension on Keg toss

Keg again

Friday night BBQ master Spicy working on 50 Lbs of ribeye

Meat is served (Sherry and Rick)

John Jay (2nd Overall)

Jeff Loosle set the most field records to win the 18 year old Scotch. he doesnt drink so toasted his Arizona bretheren and handed it to me. i left some for others.

Posted By: jlmreddog
Date Posted: 6/19/08 at 4:39am

Indeed Lehi was a great games. Thanks to Gordo et al for putting on a great games. Rick and Sherry thanks for putting up with us out of staters for the weekend(805 LOVE BABY!)

Great group of guys in the 40s(for the most part.)  Awesome Q on saturday night, tri-tip, sausage, peanut butter pie and lot's and lot's of ginger & RYE! What could be better?

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart Ryan Stewart wrote:

I just threw up in my mouth . Loosle is so looking at your ass.

I think Jeff is trying to figure out how someone with legs like that can throw so well.

-------------
John McClure

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Abraham Lincoln

Posted By: caberdropper
Date Posted: 6/20/08 at 5:34pm

I think Jeff is trying to figure out how someone with legs like that can throw so well.

or was he thinking about placing an order of chicken wings ! thanks to Spicy and crew for making it a fun weekend but Sherry wont let me eat meat for a week ! what is it with my house and PDA s and texting ( mandyK  ) ?

Posted By: MandyK
Date Posted: 6/21/08 at 5:33am

Rick, I can't be blamed this year since McClure took my place in your crib.  Plus I thought new house, new karma. No?! Not the case? Lmao  

Sorry that Jay and I missed all the fun!!   Hope to see you and Sherry soon! 

-------------
Proudly sponsored by Fitmark Bags & Hydraulix. Take a look at the best pre-workout, LAUNCH @ http://hydraulix.refr.cc/X7F389H
http://fitmarkbags.com/

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk