FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Kilts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdurnil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/05 at 9:54am

[QUOTE=Jason Pauli]Geez how many pastors are in this sport anyway? 

Another pastor thrower here!  If the funds ever come my way (most likely from my wife's job more than mine) I plan to buy a traditional kilt.  I still don't know if I could be out in the dust, mud, and tacky in something that cost that much.  Cheap is good for most scots is good enough for this one too! 

M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/05 at 10:28am
Threw my first year in a mini-kilt my mom made - they are still laughing about that one -"Mom!!!It's supposed to go to the knees!!" Second year I upgraded to one I laid out w/ two whole pleats made out of material on sale - when I brought it all pinned up to the seamstress here in Austin - she said and I quote " Glory be to Jesus , I said I'd never do another fookin' kilt again !" She was from the olde country and is still laughing at my bathwrap kilt. SO, for Fathers' Day last year I got a Sport kilt ....and gosh.....I finally feel like a Real Highlander . This Scot will NEVER spend that much $ for something to sweat in and wad up ....well....maybe when my daughter marries...that'll freak her out    Just throw baby.
H-Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/05 at 11:36am

I have a size 44(not american pants 44 because I am a44 and it is too small. I would guess it is a 38-40 in the US. It is a pipers kilt and I got it off of ebay for $25.00 + shipping and will sell it for $30. It is a new nice kilt.

I took it out of the package brand new and tried it on once said nope, Flounder tried it on once siad nope, and other than that it has sat on a shelf, so almost perfectly brand new.

I'll post a pic in a few when I get home.

J. Hunter Blake
Lamont Clan

jhblake@comcast.net
Jason Pauli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Pauli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/05 at 2:44pm

Craig,

I almost referred to my belt as my Freddy Mercury belt.

Everyone was right... it DOES look a lot like that.

And no... you are not getting my red tye dyed socks, or my Ronald McDonald socks, or my Cat in the Hat socks.

Go buy your own.

~Jason

P.S. You know that you are guilty of gimmick infringement.

Team Pauli - You never walk alone
bogam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/18 at 12:58am
 kilts with hose and leather sporran were best for me
Snider View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/18 at 1:57am
Wow this thread is 13 years old! You must have been digging to find this one.

:-)
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/18 at 6:41am
Bwahahahaha
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/18 at 4:42pm
wow. solid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic