Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Knee/Elbow Sleeves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbeardstrength Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knee/Elbow Sleeves
    Posted: 2/18/19 at 2:12pm
I am in the market for some knee and elbow sleeves. I have never worn them in the past, and I have heard a lot of great things about several brands like SBD, Rheband, Nordic, and GymReaper. My question is for those of you who use them regularly: Do you prefer 5mm or 7mm? I don't want something to stiff so I can move around, but I do want something that is snug enough to be warm. So, do you have a proffered brand and thickness? Why do you like this brand/thickness? Thanks!
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/20/19 at 2:09pm
I have only worn 7mm neoprene type knee sleeves with any success, but I wear them for all squats and deadlifts.  I'll also throw in them if it's cold.  They pretty much all feel the same to me, but some are longer than others.

If you just want to try some out, go with Nordic.  $40 off Amazon for the pair and they are some of the most durable I've used.  If you don't like them, sell them to a gym buddy for $30 and move on with your life.

I will sometimes use elbow sleeves as well and right now I've got Supertraining Strong sleeves because I got a deal on them.  They are stout.  I throw in a drug-store level Mueller elbow sleeve because it is much more flexible than the thick neoprene ones, and I need that.

Just my $.02

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Olander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/19 at 7:52am
Originally posted by TomLawrence TomLawrence wrote:

I successfully use these teeth whitening kits and have only worn 7mm neoprene type knee sleeves with any success, but I wear them for all squats and deadlifts.  I'll also throw in them if it's cold.  They pretty much all feel the same to me, but some are longer than others.

If you just want to try some out, go with Nordic.  $40 off Amazon for the pair and they are some of the most durable I've used.  If you don't like them, sell them to a gym buddy for $30 and move on with your life.

I will sometimes use elbow sleeves as well and right now I've got Supertraining Strong sleeves because I got a deal on them.  They are stout.  I throw in a drug-store level Mueller elbow sleeve because it is much more flexible than the thick neoprene ones, and I need that.

Just my $.02

Tom

Make sure you really need a sleeve before getting one. Otherwise, it just becomes like a crutch and does more harm than good.

Edited by Olander - 10/31/23 at 8:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic