Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Newbie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Central Ohio?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalkingDeadlift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central Ohio?
    Posted: 4/03/16 at 11:01am
So Ohio doesn't have any games listed this year, even though apparently there is one in Logan, Ohio in a few months. 

Is anyone in the central Ohio area (I'm in between Columbus & Zanesville) and have only had experience with the Games via a RenFest (I took second in caber two years ago, and third in throw last year) and really would like to train and really take part in real games, but it looks like its few and far between in interest here. 

I'm going to look through the forums here, but is there a good thread to read/starting area for someone just starting out? What to train with in weights and how not to embarrass yourself as a newbie at a game. Because I may have to just throw myself in there and just do it cold. 

Thanks in advance!

ScottBB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/08/16 at 4:54pm
Alot of throwers in Central Ohio, and many games close by. Great Lakes Scottish Athletes Association is the group in that region. GLSAA.com or on Facebook. Reynoldsburg Tartan Day games are tomorrow (4/09/16) if your close by. Everyone will help you get started at any games, and coach you throughout the day. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic