FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Ryan Vierra is on Hospice care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JISurfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JISurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryan Vierra is on Hospice care
    Posted: 2/28/21 at 11:29am
So sad to see him pass away, such a great person, who genuinely cared about others.  My games career wouldn't of been as good as it was, it if wasn't for him.  Really enjoyed my time with him. 
eh...
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/21 at 10:13am
Ryan Vierra passed away on 26 Feb at 7:00 a.m. (according to posts on FB).  

Rest in peace, Ryan!
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
Alan_H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/12/21 at 1:38pm
I was saddened to learn yesterday that Ryan Vierra is now on Hospice care after fighting prostate cancer for a year, or more.  I haven't posted here at NASGA for years but I know that some of his friends still check here. I've been off of Facebook since 2016 but recently rejoined and reconnected with some of my old friends from the Games.  That's how I found out about Ryans battle and his current situation.

Francis Brebner has more information and can be contacted via his Facebook page or the IHGF.

Personally, Ryan was a huge influence in my progress as an athlete.  As I gained experience and started coaching newcomers, some of them advanced to the point where I couldn't really help them any more and I would say...  You need to go see Ryan. I can't count the number of times I said that. Half a dozen times when I would get "stuck" technically, I too would "go see Ryan" and he always helped. Things I learned from him, I passed on, whenever I could.

This hurts.

Francis Brebner is putting on a benefit event for Ryan's family in Turlock, California on April 19th.  Check with Francis for details.

Alan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic