FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

What happened?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Bogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened?
    Posted: 6/10/20 at 8:42pm
This website is dead.  Are the games across the country the same?   Forget the pandemic this year, it looks like last year was dead also. 

10-15 years ago all of us assholes were killing ourselves to throw far.   

What is happening with the new blood?

Roy
Donate lately?
Andy Crowley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/10/20 at 10:03pm
Facebook happened. There are only a few of us still active on here and mostly for training log purposes. When I first started 12 years ago, this place was bumpin'. Not so much anymore.
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/11/20 at 11:22am
I, too, only use this as a training log area. Forums are just soooo 2009, sadly. If this was a Reddit page, maybe it'd have more hits. But Andy's right: FB took it over. 

I refuse to let it fully die though. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/20 at 9:32am
FB, XBOX, PS4, and the flat out pussification of America is what happened.
plockton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/20 at 9:59pm
Pussification is technically correct.

There is a new sociological (i.e. unscientific) name for this phenomenon--"humilifilia."

Literally, it is the need and desire to be humiliated, preferably in public, preferably on TV News at Nine.

It is a physically challenging disorder, as it requires extensive kneeling.

The mental aspects are less demanding, simply repeat phrases about what a rotten bastard you are and ask forgiveness from people you've never actually harmed, except by being born.

Masters throwers over 75 with long flowing white hair are immune to the disease

Borges View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
The Conrad Dobler of the Highland Games

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/22/20 at 2:18pm
Damn straight! And if you practice your humilifilia on facebook you get the added bonus of doing it while making yourself a commodity that Mark Zuckerturd gets to sell.
Cheers,

Carlos

"Live free or die"
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/05/20 at 2:54pm
haha, you crotchety old farts.

The latest generation is killing it.  The results are in the database.  The top Ams would have beaten almost all the pros 10-15 years ago.

As was said, message boards suck.  We all saw what happened to this one.

Pussification of America... haha.  Cinch up your trouser and stop yelling at the kids.
KiltChamberlain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiltChamberlain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/10/20 at 3:16pm
Yeah we're still out here training, throwing, and breaking personal/field/world records. And I still have time for my Xbox at the end of the day

This forum is insanely out of date, and there are just better ways to track progress. The results are still going into the databases, and there are plenty of us putting out numbers that are competitive with any thrower, EVER. When will your war on the non geriatric end?
Can you trig it, Sucka?
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/20 at 5:55am
Originally posted by phatmiked phatmiked wrote:

The top Ams would have beaten almost all the pros 10-15 years ago.

Originally posted by KiltChamberlain KiltChamberlain wrote:

and there are plenty of us putting out numbers that are competitive with any thrower, EVER.

seany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/20 at 7:21pm
Does anyone know whats up with the data base. I haven't been able to get it to load for at least 2 weeks.

This is all I get...

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/dbase/main.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Anyone?????

No one is completely useless...they can always serve as a bad example. - Brian Oldfield
Tim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/20 at 11:24pm
I have no idea how to help you, but Craig gets +1000 thumbs up for the Psych gif.
"Remember, you don't take respect, you can only give it."     Myles Wetzel-Forum post 10/2/07

Rock the House

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic