FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Andy Crowley take 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 30>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/19 at 12:06pm
Good lord man, OHP directly after a bench day!? It's not like you can expect much there. I'm sure your next OHP workout will be more to your liking if you don't repeat that madness
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
Andy Crowley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/19 at 11:22am
Originally posted by BrainSmasher BrainSmasher wrote:

Good lord man, OHP directly after a bench day!? It's not like you can expect much there. I'm sure your next OHP workout will be more to your liking if you don't repeat that madness

I'm not digging your positivity. in fact, I can't even remember the last time I heard you say, "get bigger, pussy." Your weight loss has made you soft. Ironic.
BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/19 at 11:34am
I can't say that anymore because you have to make weight...pussy. Also you haven't posted a workout in like 18hrs. Do you even lift anymore?
Luke Crowley
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/19 at 12:14pm
I too am concerned about his gains. Did he even consider his gains!?
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/19 at 8:54pm
My scheddy got all buggered this week. I did lift tonight. Gains are minimal though.

11/13 Deads
5,5,5+
315, 365, 415x10

2" deficit deads
8x3@375

Pullups
8x3@ +45

Land mine rows
2x8@200 1x8@180

Had and still have a pounding headache, but all things considered, I think things went well. I needed a decent workout to get me back on teack.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/19 at 11:43am
This is more than satisfactory. Nice landmine rows. 

Also is getting back "on teack" slang that the kids use? 

Drugs are bad, Andy. Luke will spear you, Goldberg style if he finds out!
Jeff Kaste

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/19 at 11:50am
Originally posted by TheJeff696 TheJeff696 wrote:

This is more than satisfactory. Nice landmine rows. 

Also is getting back "on teack" slang that the kids use? 

Drugs are bad, Andy. Luke will spear you, Goldberg style if he finds out!

All the kids say on teack. You haven't heard it before? That makes you wierd, not me. Certainly wasn't a typo. I don't make mistakes. Except maybe doing bench and shoulders back to back. Also, I don't fear the spear. Luke is more Gillberg than Goldberg now adays.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/19 at 1:08pm
Hahahaha, Gillberg as in Gilly? 

Low blow!! Shots fired!
Jeff Kaste

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/19 at 1:32pm

Hahahaha, Gillberg as in Gilly? 

Low blow!! Shots fired!

Sorry, that was a bit of a deep cut. Duane Gill was a skinny, bald, old man who did an impersonation of Goldberg back in WWF. Easily forgettable.

Anywho, 11/14 bench again.

Now that I'm confident I can bench painlessly, I'm going to start with 5,3,1 for that as well. Today was 5,5,5+
165, 195, 215x10. Felt really good probably because it's light. I capped it at 10, but there was more in the tank fo sho.

Hang cleans
5or6x3@235. Counting is hard. These felt pretty good. Couple of weird pulls here and there where I lost upper back tightness, but overall not bad.

Paused incline DB
3x6@75s
Went with a slightly higher incline. Probably 45°. It felt a bit more comfy on my shoulder, but the initial put up is still dicey if I'm not in just the right position.

Deficit pushups
5x10
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/19 at 2:30pm
I get it now. I absolutely forgot about that guy! 
Jeff Kaste

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/19 at 1:54pm
11/15 Squart

5,5,5+
280, 340, 365×10

Front squat
8x3@275

Stiff legs
8x3@315

I've been kicking around the idea of changing up my accessory program. I've been running the 4 week progression of 4x8, 5x6, 6x4, 8x3 all straight sets, and I've made good progress, but I think what I'm going to do now is run escalating sets to one or two sets at a top weight then back down for the remaining sets. I'm hoping this will allow me to still get in good volume while hitting a higher intensity as well. I think I'm going to implement this next week for my 4x8 and see how it feels.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/19 at 7:10pm
11/16 deadlift

Going off script again, but not too crazy. Went to Luke's house and did some shenanigans with the old crew. Luke had to do deads, so I took some pulls as well while he was warming up. It felt really good so say, "screw it, might as well get my deadlift workout out of the way today."

I think I went 325x3, 385x2x3, 405x1, 440x8. Seven of the 8 reps were really good. The last one, not so much. After that there was hacking and messing about, and a lot of time spent with Luke's wonderful massage gun/drilldo thingie. My right erector area has been giving me fits for the last while. Nothing debilitating, but it let's me know it's there from time to time. The upcoming deload will be very much welcomed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/19 at 1:44pm
11/18 OHP

Just to prove Luke wrong, I went ahead and had another shitty strict press day.

3,3,3+
135,145,165x3, 135x3x5
I hate this stupid dumb dumb nutsack lift. I may need to change things up. Even 135 felt hard. I'll reevaluate after my deload.

Push press
215x6x2. These felt fine. Better than last week anyway.

Dips
4x8 @+45, +55, +60, +60

Lateral raises
2x10 per@25,20,15,12.5, 10 no rest between.

Overhead cable tri extensions
2x20

Cable tri pushdowns
Picked a weight and did 10 then kept going up one rectangle until I couldn't do 10 anymore, then back down at 10 per rectangle until I got back to the starting weight. Probably 80 to 100 total reps. It was brotastic.

Db curls
2x20@ 20s for the pumps again.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/19 at 12:16am
You stupid penis, that proves nothing! Your body is beat to shit. Deload and reload.
Luke Crowley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/19 at 5:37am
My body is a wonderland

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/19 at 8:26pm
11/24 bench

3,3,3+
185, 205, 230x8 yeehaw! Very happy with that.

Hang cleans
6x2@245 more happiness

Db incline
4x8@76s pretty indifferent towards that

Deficit pushups
5x12 pause at the bottom. quite burny

Pullips w/ 3 second eccentric
3x5 also burny

I needed this workout for my fragile psyche.   Since hurting my back on Saturday, I've been very stressed about what I'm going to be able to do and not do lifting wise. It affected me more than I thought it would mentally. Turns out I identify as a lifter guy. My pronouns are bro and brosef. Thankfully with the help of Big Katie's voodoo needles and rest, my back has loosened up considerably. There's still some residual tightness in my right erector area and a bit of a dull pain in my upper buttcrack, but it's so much better than before the needling. Tomorrow is squats which will be the real test. Not sure how much I'm going to do. May squat to a box if I have too.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/19 at 7:00am
We're not so different, you and I. 

My fragile ego frequently needs "those workouts" to prove I am not a little bitch incapable of moving weight. 

I applaud you, sir
Jeff Kaste

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/19 at 1:20pm

We're not so different, you and I. 

My fragile ego frequently needs "those workouts" to prove I am not a little bitch incapable of moving weight. 

I applaud you, sir

This guy gets it.

11/22 Squat.

Today's workout was very telling for me, and was invaluable to my confidence. I was able to squat with no pain and actually alleviate some of the tightness in my back at least temporarily.   Bracing was crucial, I believe. Maintaining 360 degrees of tightness throughout the movement and not relaxing to get a bounce out of the hole.

3,3,3+
315, 345, 390x5. Reps were very easy. Great speed and no sticking point or grinding. That's why I left it at 5. I didn't want to leave any margin for error or loss of tightness due to fatigue.

Front squat
4×8@225, 245, 255, 255 felt good.

Stiff leg deads
3x8@225. Went light just as a precaution.

I noticed today that my lever belt felt loose. Jumped on the scale when I got home. 193. Yuck. That's gotta change, but once again, I was able to get the workout I needed for my brain. Now, I can have a clear head in the woods tomorrow for deer season. Lifting will be sparse to non existant for the next week. With any luck, I'll get some conditioning in via dragging a big ol' buck out of the woods. Or a doe. I don't care. Meat, meat, meat!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/19 at 1:40pm
11/25 upper body deload

Bench
4x4@225

OHP
4x4@145

Felt good enough so I called it good there. Lots of early mornings and long days this week, but I wanted to get in and do something. Goal is to hit a lower body deload sometime later this week.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/19 at 2:12pm
You and Jeff should kiss. Do it.
Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/19 at 2:45pm
Sounds like someones jealous!

I just cant quit you
Jeff Kaste

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/19 at 1:50pm

Sounds like someones jealous!

I just cant quit you

Oh, he jelly. He cray jelly.

11/27 lower body deload

Pause in the hole squat
315x4,315x4,365x4,405x2

Pause in the hole front squat
225x4, 255x4, 275x4

Deadlift
225x5, 315x4, 405x4, 405x4

Deadlifts were more tentative than I'd like, but I need to show myself I could at least handle medium weight without blowing my spine out my butt, so...success I guess.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/19 at 11:59am
12/1 hang cleans

8×1@255
225×5

Had some time, so I figured I'd get my cleans out of the way for the week. These felt great. It was hard to stick to the plan and not go heavier. Slow and steady wins the race even though racing is stupid.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/19 at 1:25pm
Look at the forethought on this kid! Nice job resisting the temptation of big weights. I'm getting itchy just thinking about it...
Luke Crowley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/19 at 1:46pm
I can only hold out so long before I try something crazy and hurt myself.

12/2 OHP

5,3,1+
135x5, 155x3, 175x3
I think that's a rep PR, but I still hate this stupid lift.

Push press
8x1@230
Felt fine except when I lower the weight. I always manage to drop it right on my right clavicle. The right one sticks up because some jerk decided it would be a good idea to get on the ceiling of a double tube water slide. Gravity disagreed. Said jerk landed on top of me and broke my collar bone and separated my shoulder, so now it's all sticky outty where it meets my sternum. That jerk was Luke. It was already a little beat up from cleans too. God save my little broken body.

Anywho, dips were next
5x6@ +55, +60, +70, +70, +70

Lateral raises same as last time
2x10@25,20,15,12.5,10 no rest between weights. One minute rest between sets. Burny

Face pulls 4x12

Rear delt single arm cable pull across things
2x10 per arm

Reverse pecdeck rear delt things
2x20
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/19 at 2:27pm
You're being held together with sinew and chewing gum

As are we all...
Jeff Kaste

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/19 at 9:59pm

You're being held together with sinew and chewing gum

As are we all...

I'm all out of bubblegum.

Later 12/2
Workin on my night puds

46 total throws

I already hit my goal total for the off season of "some."
Nailed it. These felt a lot less awkward than the start of last offseason. I think actually doing explosive movements like cleans and push press made the transition go more smoothly.

Also a veritable hurricane of hack happened. One of my best hack days ever, I'd say.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/19 at 11:42am
The hack was indeed PR caliber. Also puds! puds! puds!
Luke Crowley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Crowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/19 at 4:36pm
Puds hurt my back

12/3 deadlift?

So this didn't go well. I felt post-puds great all day. Went to the gym and things took a turn. I was loading 225 on the bar and reaggrivated my low back. I felt a little pop on the right side just above my sacrum that shot lightening up my erector. I shook it out and did 225x8, 315x6, 365x5, 415x3. All of them were pain free, but if I tried to pull up my socks, I'd get a short of pain. At that point I figured just because deads didn't hurt, they probably also didn't help anything. I called it there rather than moving on to 460x1+. It's frustrating. I felt good, didn't do anything stupid and I still managed to hurt myself. I did some lat pulls afterwards, but I was discouraged and utterly defeated at this point. Poop farts poop. Not sure where to go from here.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/19 at 7:36pm
Damn man! I have this happen to me, very similar, when I do unilateral work like suitcase deads, DB rows, etc. Sometimes it happens randomly, sometimes it's when I miss-brace. 

I usually just go to the Chiro the next day and everything feels better in 24 hours. 

Get to a chiro, stat! 
Jeff Kaste

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 30>
  Share Topic