FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Gaylord Highland Games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaylord Highland Games
    Posted: 2/09/19 at 9:18am
Sadly, another one goes by the wayside.  As it's been going in Scotland (per Gerry Reynolds' research), so it goes here.
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
Jason Cherry View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/19 at 7:45pm
From our Facebook pages:

I am writing to say thank you to all of the folks that have helped/supported me along the way in hosting the Gaylord Highland Games. Laura Cherry, Julie Powers and Dale Gehman, without you all the games would never have gotten off the ground. Mr. Michaels and the Otsego County Sportsplex for hosting/supporting us, the Gaylord Tourism Bureau, Spartan Septic for their support from the start. To all of my judges through the years: Mike Brown, Ivor Alcorn and Craig Gallo, and all those that others that stepped up to stand outside the trig so we all could throw, to the tape runners, score keepers, ice bringers, smile givers, and announcing duties of Romek that tackled the job with such zeal. There are so many more I am forgetting but know I appreciate your efforts.

To all those that have taken the field. I salute you. Your efforts made the Gaylord Highland Games into a top notch, first rate attraction for my home town. I appreciate it more than you know.

With that I officially step down from AD/Organizer of the Gaylord Highland Games. Thank you all. Good luck in your training and I will see you on the field in 2019.

Jase

It's been a good run. We've had 9 Gaylord Highland Games, and we've been proud of them all. We wanted to have something that was first and foremost for the throwers, and give them a place to have a good competition, and have people see what we do, and we think we accomplished that.

That's why it's with some sadness that we have to say that the Gaylord Highland Games are done. You've already seen that Jason Cherry has opted to retire as AD, and I have moved from Gaylord to Williamsburg. We've certainly had a lot of people help us with the games, sponsors, judges, volunteers, scorekeepers, and other supporters, but Jason and I were the primary organizers, and neither of us will be continuing in that role, hence the discontinuation of the GHG. Thank you to all the throwers, fans, helpers, judges, sponsors, and friends who helped along the way, and we wish you the best in 2019.

Sincerely,

Dale

"Example is the best precept." ~ Aesop
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic