Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

2019 NORTH v SOUTH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 NORTH v SOUTH
    Posted: 9/14/18 at 9:32am
Not on the team, but trying to create some conversation of anyone that may still read or post. Historically one of the top/most desired amateur games. Now let's hear some friendly smack talk and memories from this games!

2019 SOUTH TEAM
Jon Hereth - captain
Cory Summers
Eddie Johnson
Garrett Blatnik
Skylar Arneson

2019 NORTH TEAM
Kendall Thomas - captain
Colin Dunbar
Jared Conklin
Kyle McKelvey
Scott Hutchison
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/18 at 10:19am
Prediction: closest North South EVER. 

Each team is stacked to the gills, jeezum. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/18 at 9:16pm
Go South!
kungfucattle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kungfucattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/28/18 at 10:58am
How does one participate in this event in the future? oh and lets go north!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:05pm
you have to get picked to be on the team......A)be a top tier amtr athlete  B) be a good representative of the sport  C) show that your willing to travel to games where they(the SSAA staff) can see your talent,and character.....ususally they will pick a Capt and that Capt goes about getting members to fill out his team
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:24pm
not 100% adhered to but in the past it involved the states that were involved in the civil war(hence North vs Sout)..so to be on North Team you were supposed to be from the North(or as its founder Kay said  "A Yankee") and south team comprised of athletes from Confederate states..that rule isnt 100% adhered to any more but it is a kick ass comp with up and coming athhletes who are talented enough to make the jump to pro status...if you ever get a chance got their website-Kevin Dupuis has a history page with team memebers and who won..its a virtual whos who of stud(and for a little bit Studette(female) )athletes
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:27pm
https://www.facebook.com/SSAAAHighlandGames/
JUST BRING IT /

JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/11/19 at 2:57pm
We're a week away. Any bolder predictions? Any more smack talk? Anyone going to be around for updates?
hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/15/19 at 7:45am
I'm rooting for the South, BUT...........good luck Confused, don't get Dunbared
Dirk W. Myers
hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/15/19 at 7:47am
or even McKelveyed!   Or sheafed by Hutch! Ouch
Dirk W. Myers
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/15/19 at 12:31pm
South!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/15/19 at 5:57pm
Well I'm definitely rooting team SOUTH and obviously biased towards my brother. I hope and bet he wins a BIG sheaf, and excited to see him WOB is out with Dunbar. I can see a lot of guys over 100+ in the heavy hammer as well with a competitive group driving those numbers up - if practices have gone well for everyone in that department at this time of the year.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/21/19 at 8:59am
Results: SOUTH Wins! I heard/saw it was by 5 points, one of the if not the closest margin of victory in N/S games history. Garrett Blatnik takes overall w/ field record 38'6" sheaf, Colin Dunbar 2nd w/ heavy hammer field record of 112'. 

Other things I can try and think of to report from Instagram and texts (don't quote me on distances):
Stone - Dunbar win (or McKelvey) over 52/3?
HWFD - Blatnik at 40'
LWFD - Summers at 82'
HHAM - Dunbar 112'
Caber - Blatnik w/ only turn
Sheaf - Blatnik
WOB - Blatnik 2nd at 17' (not sure of first, assuming Dunbar?)

Great games to hear about and hope that my "Blatnik" name is there next year
HellsBelle View Drop Down
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HellsBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/26/19 at 12:35pm
The Central Florida Highland Games are also home to the women's East/West Team Challenge. I was fortunate to be named the East Coast team captain and Chrystal Rubert lead the West Coast.

EAST
Emily Adams
Elissa Hapner
Nikata Marrzano
Alex Otto
Adriane Wilson

WEST
Denise Greene
Megan McKee
Kadie McNamara
Kristine Rothwell
Chrystal Rubert

It was a close competition all day but the East was victorious 209.5 to 177.5 over the West. 

Top individuals:
Nikita Marzano 57
Elissa Hapner 53
Adriane Wilson 52 (won the tie breaker with two event wins)
Meagan McKee 52
Denise Greene 50

Many thanks go out to Chip Crawford, Susan, and KC Cummings for bringing out this great group of competitors. Elissa got the field record in the 12lb. sheaf at 29' and Nikita threw 81' in the LWFD for a new record as well.
Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records. 
-William A. Ward
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic