Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Newbie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

North East Ohio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdulane1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North East Ohio
    Posted: 8/08/18 at 7:24pm
Hi,

I recently moved to Kent, Ohio for school and have been wanting to get into highland games.  I'm throwing this post up to see if there are any other newbies or competitors in the area that I could potentially link up with to train.  I am clearly willing to travel.  Thanks for any help!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/09/18 at 10:49am
1 hr North in Lorain, Ohio you have Mark Valenti of Blind Dog Gym..former pro,top master,all around cool guy...contact him on book of faces and I'm sure he will know someone to train with
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
cdulane1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdulane1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/09/18 at 10:58am
Thank you very much!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/18 at 12:15pm
If you go to FB and look under Blind Dog Gym.Mark is having a clinic this saturday in Ohio for getting into the highland games..wouldnt be bad to head up,learn,network,meet some training partners
JUST BRING IT /

janinethrows View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janinethrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/16/18 at 3:17pm
I believe the clinic is September 29.

From the Blind Dog Gym post on Facebook:

Attention Highland games athletes and future Highland games athletes. We will be holding a Heavy Events training clinic on Saturday Sept. 29th 11am-3pm. Topics will include stone putting, weight throws, hammer toss, weight training (off-season/in-season) Cost: $40.00 to register via PayPal : dynamosport1@gmail.com . We will be taking advanced registration up to Sept 1st. After Sept. 1st the fee is $50 after that. Please email us when you register. 
For more Info, drop us a line at blinddoggym@gmail.com @blinddogstrong
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/16/18 at 6:22pm
my bad..yeah saw it was the 29th after I posted it
JUST BRING IT /

janinethrows View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janinethrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/26/18 at 11:30pm
Hey, I'm sorry I didn't think of this earlier, but there is a group in Columbus that gets together sometimes to throw on Sundays. Join the GLSAA (and Great Lakes Scottish Athletes Association - they're separate pages) page on Facebook to see more info.

Also, I live up in Wickliffe, on the east side of Cleveland, so that's not too far away. I'm working on getting some implements together and a place to practice. I'll come back here and message you when I get some details worked out.
Mark81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/18 at 8:38am
anybody located in or around Cincinnati?
Mark Caddell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic