Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Throwing Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Sheaf Weight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdcowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sheaf Weight
    Posted: 9/14/17 at 12:25pm
I thought that 20 pounds was standard for sheaf but last weekend at the Columbus games the Amateur A class used a 16 pound. Is the weight of the sheaf something that changes between 16 and 20 depending on the games or are they pro and amateur weights?
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/17 at 12:26pm
Depends on games...
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
jdcowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdcowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/17 at 3:19pm
So if you were talking to a newbie (which you are) would you recommend just training on a 20? I can't afford both right now. 
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/17 at 4:01pm
Since you live on the eastern side of the states, I would recommend just getting a 16 for now. You can always re-cover it and over stuff it down the line if you desire a 20 but I imagine the majority of your games will use a 16. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
cabeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/19 at 1:49pm
Does anyone know where to get these sheafs? Do I make one or buy one? I am looking for a 16 and a 20 pound sheaf and possibly a lighter one for kids, masters events.
Chris - American Highlander Kilts
hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/24/19 at 7:41am
there are a lot that make them.  search sheaf of facebook or google.  I've never seen a games that do a legit sheaf for the kids, but if you want to make one for them go for it. It'll have to fit a fork that they use for the size.  there are some how toos on youtube.  I made mine and they fly well.
Dirk W. Myers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic