Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Tacky options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tacky options
    Posted: 6/04/17 at 12:42pm
Any recommendations on tacky choices? I prefer the pine resin style over spray. Searching the forum, products like Larry Brock's were recommended, but a lot of the recommended choices are no longer making it (or they don't have a website).

Any one use more 'strongman' branded tacky? For example - http://www.liftinglarge.com/Elite-Tacky ... any difference?
english viking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote english viking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/17 at 2:23pm
Jack tac! Easy to apply!Wink
Larry J Readman
english viking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote english viking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/17 at 2:24pm
Jack tack! Wink
Larry J Readman
AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/17 at 7:44pm
Thanks! I always forget about Jackals.... emailed them and they already got back to me, on a Sunday no less
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/17 at 9:32am
Yes, PLEASE don't do the spray tacky. I'm trying to campaign that no one uses that stuff on hammers; leaves it super gummy and slippery. You're way better off with standard tacky. Brent Abbot makes some pretty awesome stuff. 
JoelT39 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoelT39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/17 at 9:35am
Some of the strongman stuff uses oil in it and on very hot days becomes slippery. It is very easy to make yourself and cheap. 
Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/17 at 1:11pm
Cramer Firm Grip, still my all-time favorite - super grippy, never gummy, smells like the Highland Games. Use it wisely.

DStewart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/17 at 7:56am
3M makes a carpet glue that I used for several years on the pvc handle hammers. Good stuff not cheap and really bad for the environment.
JustinConnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinConnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/08/17 at 5:06pm
Try Adam Sizemore's, it's pretty good stuff. http://www.supersizetacky.com/about.html
cabertosser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabertosser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/14/17 at 7:35pm
Do not order from Adam Sizemore. You probably won't get any. I ordered on 7/24 and still haven't got my order. I have emailed 3 times now with no response.
You f**ked up - you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it!
Krazy40 View Drop Down
Stupid Track Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 7:46am
I prefer Zues Juice by Harvey Barkauskas.

I believe Throw Bro's has some out.

Do not use the spray tacky on hammers. 
Jeremy Gillingham

"Go Big or Go Home"
Sponsors:   

http://www.stoutbarbell.com/Home_Page.html

http://www.backinact.com/newpatients.htm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabertosser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 7:50am
Got a contact for Zues?
Krazy40 View Drop Down
Stupid Track Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:07am
I usually run into him at the Alma, MI games every year and buy a jar.  He's on facebook. 
Jeremy Gillingham

"Go Big or Go Home"
Sponsors:   

http://www.stoutbarbell.com/Home_Page.html

http://www.backinact.com/newpatients.htm
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:11am
Zeus* you guys are killing me
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 9:25am
FWIW, the throws bros tacky is the best I've used by far. Esp with this Midwest humidity, yet to have it get slick on me. Since tearing my biceps throwing the HH due to slick tacky, thats something I tend to be picky about
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 12:36pm
Yeah Zeus was given out to the athletes in their goodybag at MWC 2016...when me and Terri ran into Harvey at the hotel bar he hooked us up with some more little jars...just about done with it and have hallf a jar of the classic Brocks tacky...after this season may have to try Throwbros tacky-just hate contributing to the Beech hair fund!
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabertosser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 12:45pm
Throw bros is out of stock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic