Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

C. Fay Training Log

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/16 at 6:33am
Monday DE Bench

Warmup: Upper body sled drags, cuff complex, incline DB press 4x20, DB pullover 4x15

DE Fat bar Bench w/bands, Speed Strength Wk 2
Bar+doubled monster minis x10
Bar+doubled monster minis and doubled minis x5 (kept this tension)
105 3x3 close (set avg velocity .86-.94 m/s)
115 3x3 medium (.85-.93 m/s)
125 3x3 wide (.86-.92 m/s)

Benching was supersetted w/explosive pullups 9x1

2 rounds of superset of: Walking KB bottoms up press x10 and jump rope x75

Finished w/sheaf bottoms up drill using 20lb and 16lb bags. 

I had a very exhausting shift and was lacking some serious sleep. Bar speed was pretty good on a whole, it seems pretty uniform that my 1st rep is the slowest and the 2nd rep is the fastest in each set.

CharlesFay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/16 at 6:42pm
Tuesday Throws

Heavy Hammer
Walking winds x10 forward/backward
10 winds x2
3 wind and release x5
3 wind throws x5

Light hammer
3 wind x3

LWFD x5

Much to my horror, the field near my gym was closed and I had to go quite a ways away to throw, daylight was running out and I got very little done. I originally figured that between the illegal immigrant soccer league and myself destroying the field along with the fact that a guy got murdered there a while ago, that the field was done for good. Luckily after contacting the city I found out that they are reseeding the field and it should be good to go in a few weeks. In the meantime I have to look for other fields to throw at.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/16 at 6:45pm
Thursday Lower

Warmup: Heavy sled dragging, 45 degree hyper x20, GHR x20, Rev hyper x20, Standing abs x20, Landmines x20, 1 leg squats 2x10, 1 leg deadlift 2x5, front squats w/bar 2x10, hip mobility work

2 rounds of BB Complex: Snatch grip high pull x6/Behind the neck press x6/Snatch balance x6

2 pause power snatch (pausing at the knee and the hip)
95x3
115x3
135 3x3

DE BB Box Squat w/strong bands
barx10
145x5
195 4x2
235 4x2

Bent BB Rows 6x5

Ab wheel 2x10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/16 at 6:48pm
Friday throws

Stone
Standing toes to trig x5
Drop to 1 knee x5
Standing no reverse x5
Standing w/reverse x3

HWFD w/49 
2 turns x6

LWFD
2 turns x8

16 lb Sheaf
bottoms up x5
Full x6

I found a nice new field, about 10 minutes away from home, not as close as my gym field but closer than my secondary field. I found a nice area to throw in and nearby on the ball fields they have backstops that are 30-35 ft fences. I need this big time to improve my sheaf, I managed to clear it on my last throw of the day. If I can find a good branch somewhere in the park, it will be the perfect place. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/16 at 8:11am
Sunday RE Bench/Deload

Warmup: Cuff complex, flat DB press 4x20, band pullaparts 4x20

Medium Grip Floor Press
barx20
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x5
295x5

Floor presses supersetted with CSR 5x10

Kept it simple today, felt a bit under the weather. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/16 at 7:17pm
Monday Throws

Heavy Hammer
Walking winds x10 forward/backward
10 winds x2
3 wind and release x3

Light hammer 3 wind throws x8

LWFD
Entry drill x5
2 turns x5
1 turn x5

16lb sheaf
bottoms up x5
full x5

Decent day today, I still need to keep the hammer from away from my right side on the low points in the three wind. The ground was saturated after several days of rain and slowed down my footwork a bit. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/16 at 8:49am
Wednesday DE Upper

Warmup: cuff complex, upper body sled drags, incline DB press 4x20, pullovers 4x15

DE Fat Bar Bench (Speed strength week 3)
bar+doubled monster minis x10
bar+doubled monster minis and doubled minis x10
125 3x3 close (avg velocity .73-.89 m/s)
145 3x3 medium (.74-.76)
165x3 wide (.79)
185x3 wide (.75)
205x3 wide (.68)

Benching was supersetted w/explosive pullups 9x1

Finished w/2 rounds of superset of walking KB overhead press x10 and jump rope x75

Despite being sick, I felt pretty strong and managed some decent bar speed working up on the last few sets with serious band tension.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/16 at 8:55am
Thursday Lower

Warmup: Medium sled dragging, 45 degree hyper x20, GHR x20, Rev hyper x20, Standing abs x20, Landmines x20, 1 leg squats 2x10, 1 leg deadlift 2x5, front squats w/bar 2x10, hip mobility work

2 rounds of BB Complex: Snatch grip high pull x6/Behind the neck press x6/Snatch balance x6

BB Hang Power Snatch
95x5
135x3
165x2
185x1
205x1
225x1
235x1

DE BB Box Squat w/strong bands
barx10
145x5
195 2x2
235 2x2
285x2 (added belt here)
325x2
375x1
415x1

Still fighting this nasty cold and it seems the biggest battle is just trying not to lose my voice. Physically I am doing ok and had a productive workout although I curtailed volume a bit so as not to push my luck. I am going to have to take a day off from work unfortunately in order to preserve my voice. In my line of work, if I cannot speak, then I cannot do my job. Not getting hammered by another bad 24 hour shift should help me recover a bit. I am glad that I can still train without coughing up a lung, the heavy duty meds they prescribed me are helping with that.

AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/16 at 10:49am
In general, how are you structuring you training session (ME days, DE, etc)? I know that you have an irregular schedule somewhat, but in an ideal world, how would you set up your weekly/monthly training schedule? 

With your Westside/conjugate/concurrent (pick word of choice haha) style set up, what have you found to be important for transfer to games performance?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/16 at 3:28pm
I typically find that in the off season, I like to lift three times a week and throw 1-2 times a week. If it were not for my schedule, it would go like this

Tuesday DE Bench
Thursday Squat (DE or ME)
Saturday ME Bench

For DE bench I gradually increase band tension going into the season and switch to a fat bar closer in, once I get into the season, I drop this day altogether in order to get in another throwing day.
For my lower body day, I usually like to do some sort of ME snatch to start off, rotating between three different types of snatches, rotating each week. Next I pick a specialty bar that I will use for three weeks on week 1 I focus on bar speed which is more traditional DE work, I follow that up with a ME deadlift of some sort if my back feels ok. The second week I deload a bit on the squat and either do some rep work (3x5) or moderate speed work, I normally follow this up with BB rows or GMs for reps. Week three I normally work up to a ME or near ME single. On my ME bench day I rotate between incline bench, close grip bench and RE floor press. 

Once I get into the season I lift twice a week and throw three times a week. My Squat day stays pretty similar as previously described, except I use the SSB and more band tension with less bar weight and in order so save my back I will drop the ME deadlifting and do speed pulls instead on week 1. I really find that the SSB and lots of band tension seems to help me on my throws in general. On my other day where I lift, I use mostly the fat bar and also more bands and less weights. Week 1 will be moderately heavy triples, week 2 will be typical DE work and week three I might work up to a ME single or triple. Although I am a poor stone guy, I do find that the fat bar seems to help me get a little more into the stone.  Also once I get close in to the season, I cycle in things like various med ball throws, box jumps, 1 arm KB snatches etc. I do feel the KB snatch helps me on the WOB a bit, although the technique is a bit different. This is my training in a nutshell, there are lots of variables for me though and things often have to change.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/16 at 3:32pm
Saturday Bench

Warmup: Upper body sled drags, cuff complex, flat DB press 4x20, band pullaparts 4x20, meadows rows: x10, 3x5.

BB Close Grip Bench
barx20
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x3
345x2
365x1
390x1

This was about the best I could do after being sick all week. Ideally I would have liked to hit over 400, but all things considered I am happy enough with this. This is the final week of my lifting 3 times a week and will be getting into my "in season" training next week.
AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/16 at 4:45am
Thanks, I appreciate the insight!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/16 at 1:19pm
No problem. I hope it clarified how I structure things a little.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/16 at 1:23pm
Tuesday Throws

Light Hammer
Walking winds 2x10
10 wind drill 2x10

Stone
Standing toes to trig x5
Drop to 1 knee x5
Standing no reverse x5
Standing w/reverse x5

49lb weight: Entry drill x5

28lb weight: 2 turn throws x6

WOB x5

I felt exhausted, achy, non-explosive and my balance was a little off which indicates neural fatigue to me. I kept the tempo and volume moderate and tried to get in some work the best I could. I just need a lot of rest right now and hopefully can catch up on my sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/16 at 9:51am
Wednesday Throws

Heavy Hammer 
Walking winds 2x10
10 wind x2
3 wind and release x5

Light Hammer
3 wind throws x10

16lb Sheaf
bottoms up x5
Full x5

Good day today, I seem to be gradually improving on staying longer in the hammer and may have hit a practice PR with the light hammer. Sheaf is also feeling a bit better and I am learning some things now that I am able to throw over something high.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/16 at 9:59am
Thursday 

Warmup: GHR x15, 45 degree hyper x15, Reverse hyper x15, Standing abs x20, Landmines x20, Light sled drags

Caber walks x3
Caber runs x2
Caber turns x2

Further warmup: 1 leg squats 2x10, 1 leg deads 2x5, hip mobility work

Hip Power Snatch
95x5
135x3
165x2
185x1
205x1
220x1

Close Grip snatch 135 2x5

DE SSB Box Squat (Speed/Strength Phase)
bar+strong bands x10
bar+strong and average bands x5
bar+strong, average and light bands x5 (kept this tension
95 2x2
115 2x2
135 2x2

3 rounds of superset of speed deads against doubled mini bands 3x1 and box jumps x5

2 rounds of walking BB lunges x10 supersetted w/standing BB twists x20

Lots of stuff done today. The caber felt good. I am no longer going to do close grip snatches, although I feel they may have helped my hammer in the past, they tweak my bicep and forearm too much. Bar speed felt fast with the band tension and everything else felt good as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/16 at 8:10pm
Friday Throws

Stone
Toes to trig x5
Standing no reverse x5
Standing w/reverse x5

49lb weight 
Entry drill x5
2 turns x6

LWFD 2 turn x6

WOB x5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/16 at 8:13pm
Saturday Bench

Warmup: Upper body drags, Incline DB press 4x20, Band pullaparts 4x20, cuff complex

Fat Bar Bench w/bands
bar x20
bar+doubled light band x10
125x5
145x5
165x3
175x3
185x3
195x3
205x3

Supersetted benching w/rev hyper shrugs 5x20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/16 at 8:22pm
Monday Throws

Heavy Hammer
Walking winds 2x10
10 wind x2
3 wind and release x5
3 wind throws 
The first throw was great, hammer handle got wet and on 2nd throw started to lose the hammer and instinctively pulled in, this detached my right bicep which totally sucks! So I wrapped the arm with a voodoo band and since I am a lefty, i threw some WFD next.

56lb Weight 
Entry drill x5
2 turn x6

49lb weight x6

28lb weight x6

When I tore my left bicep off a few years back I got it repaired. This time however I don't plan on going through with all of that. I know tons of powerlifters who never got it fixed and were just fine. Last time the doc told me that I could get most arm flexion strength back, supinating power just gets a little weaker and I am fine with that.  I throw weights and stone lefty and hammer, caber and sheaf like a righty so luckily I don't really block with my right arm. Hopefully the pain will subside pretty quickly and I can start to rehab the thing and move on with throwing. I am going to give central florida a try and just wrap and brace the right arm and see what happens. That games will decide how I will handle the rest of the season. Afterall the bicep is a stupid show muscle that just gets in the way of me staying long on hammers lol!  Lets hope for the best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/01/17 at 7:32pm
Thursday Lower

Warmup: Lower body sled drags, 45 degree hypers 2x20, GHR 2x20, 1 leg squats 2x10, 1 leg deadlift 2x5, hip mobility work

DE SSB Box Squats (counting bar as 45lbs)
bar+strong band x10
bar+strong and average band x5
bar+strong, average and light band x5
95x2
135x2
185 6x2

Goodmornings w/SSB
barx10
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x5

Box Jumps 3x5

Snatches and some of the pulling exercises are not really too smart to perform in the short term due to the bicep tear so I did my best to work around it. The workout went well and my bar speed was pretty fast.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/01/17 at 7:36pm
Friday Throws

Stone 
Toes to trig x5
Standing no reverse x5
Standing w/reverse x5

56lb weight 
Entry drill x5
2 turn throws x3

49lb 2 turn throws x3

28lb weight x6

Hit an implement PR with the 28 with 69 ft. Normally I throw several feet farther with a games 28 than my own. This might mean I am on course for a PR in the event which would be nice considering my recent injury.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/01/17 at 7:43pm
Sunday Upper

Warmup: Upper body dragging, cuff complex, 1 arm landmine press 4x20, band pullaparts 4x20

Fat Bar Bench w/doubled mini bands
bar 2x10
105 2x6 close
115 2x6 medium
125 2x6 wide

Benching was supersetted w/CSR scapular retractions 6x20

12lb light shot work
standing square x5
1-2 drill x4
standing no reverse x4
A-drills x5

5 nonstop rounds of superset of 1 arm band extensions x20, neck harness x20, lateral raise x20

I kept things light today but had no discomfort benching and managed to get in some back work with scapular retraction type work with straight arms. I will do some higher volume benching for a little while with lighter weights as my body adjusts to stabilizing the right arm sans-bicep. Good workout overall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/02/17 at 6:57pm
Monday Throws

16lb hammer
walking winds 2x10
10 wind x2
3 wind and release x5

Stone
Toes to trig x5
Drop to 1 knee x5
Standing no reverse x5
A-drill x5

56lb weight
Entry drill x5
2 turn throws x5

49lb weight 
2 turns x5

28lb weight 
2 turns x5

16lb sheaf
Bottoms up x5
Full x5

I wanted to see how a hammer felt to wind and it was painless for me, hopefully the 22 will work out the same way. Weights felt good and I was pleasantly surprised to see that sheaf was not much of a problem either. Good day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/04/17 at 7:06pm
Wednesday Throws

Walking hammer winds
16lb hammer 2x10
22lb hammer 2x10

12lb shot
Standing toes to trig x5
Drop 1 one knee x5
Standing no reverse x5
Standing w/reverse x5

56lb weight entry drill x5

28lb weight
2 turns x10
1 turn x5

WOB x5

Hammer winds felt fine on the bad arm, even with the 22lb hammer. Everything else went well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/05/17 at 7:57pm
Thursday 

Warmup: 45 degree hyper x20, GHR x20, landmines x20, standing abs x20, medium weight sled drags x4 trips

Caber walks x2
Caber sprints x2
Caber turns x2

Rested about 20 minutes and had a protein drink

Warmup #2 Single leg squat 2x10, 45 degree hyper x20, 1 leg KB dl 2x5, hip mobility work

ME SSB Box Squats w/bands (counting bar as 45lbs)
bar+strong bands x10
bar+strong and average bands x5
bar+strong, average and light bands x5
135x2
185x2
225x2
275x1
315x1
365x1 add belt
405x1
425x1
455x1

Box jumps 
24" box x5
34" box 3x5

2 rounds of superset of walking BB split leg GMs x20 supersetted w/standing BB twists x20

Neck harness GM sled drags 2x20

Today was the acid test for the caber and it felt surprisingly good with the recently detached bicep tendon. Carrying it was comfy and I had just moderate pain while turning it. I am sure a bigger games caber might be a bit more painful but then again I have over a week more of healing before I worry about that. Squatting felt awesome and I moved some pretty good weight with the high band tension. I have no clue how much weight it was at the top but it was a lot. This will be my last heavy lower day until the games.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/10/17 at 7:37pm
Tuesday deload throws and lifting

Warmup: Sled drags x3 trips, 45 degree hypers x20, reverse hypers x20, shoulder mobility work

Heavy hammer
Walking winds 2x10
10 winds x2
3 wind and released drill x3
3 wind throws x3

Light Hammer 
3 wind throws x3

Caber walks x2
Caber run x1
Caber turns x2

Went back to the gym and did the following:

Band pullaparts 2x20
1 arm landmine press 2x20

DE Fat bar bench w/bands
barx10
bar+doubled minis x10 (kept this tension)
125 6x6

Pressing was supersetted w/rev hyper shrugs 4x20

Finished w/some high rep bicep and tricep stuff for rehab work

I have had a tough go of it getting ready for this upcoming games, a few weeks ago I got a super nasty cold, then I detach my bicep, then sunday I get violently ill and puke all day from a horrible stomach bug. Finally today I felt well enough to get outside and throw although I am still not able to eat like I want to. I have not thrown a hammer since i detached my bicep throwing the heavy hammer a few weeks ago. Only a moderate amount of discomfort on the release but I think the longer I can stay, the less it will hurt. I just need to cinch down my arm brace, keep long and keep my expectations low on the event this sunday. Light hammer of course was painless and just felt great, too bad we are not throwing that event. Caber felt pretty good, my practice caber is small so we will have to see how the caber will feel at the games. Tomorrow I do some easy throws on the other events and then roll the dice and see how sunday goes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/12/17 at 4:23pm
Wednesday Deload Throws

Walking LH Winds 2x10

Stone
Toes to trig x3
Standing no reverse x3
Standing w/reverse x3

56lb weight 
Entry drill x3
2 turn throw x3

49lb weight 2 turn throw x2

28lb weight 2 turn throw x3

16lb sheaf
Bottoms up x3
Full throw x7

Due to puking my guts out over the weekend, I missed my final big session where I planned to get in a lot of weight and stone work. My heavy weight felt a little rusty today, i didn't want to fatigue myself with a lot of reps with the 56 so I threw two more reps with the 49 and things felt like they were coming together, I just need to make sure I sink more on my final turn so I can really drive up with my lower body on the release. 28 felt just fine and I only took a few. Sheaf felt pretty good and the arm wasn't too much of an issue. All I will do for the duration of the week will be basic stuff like reverse hypers, back raises, sled drags, walking and basic mobility stuff. This sunday at Central Florida will be the big test, I am really looking forward to it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/16/17 at 7:29pm
Central Florida Games 

After a rough couple of weeks, it was finally go time. On saturday I carbed up a good bit and tried to get my bloat on a little bit. I have been on a keto diet since the beginning of the year and between the diet and getting violently ill last weekend, I have gone from 272 to 261. I slept well the night before and woke up ready to go. I strapped my arm down with my inzer brace and took the field not knowing what to expect. Here is how it went:

Heavy Hammer: 80+, for my best, winds felt fine but the release just hurt too much to push it on so this was pretty much just token throwing here, far below my best, maybe got me 4th place.

Open Stone: 35+, just terrible! My form is garbage as usual despite the work I put in, unfortunately due to the injury I have not been able to press heavy for a few weeks so even my usual muscle something out there technique didn't work. I dont even think I was top 5 here.

HWFD: 35'1 on my opener, I blew through positions on my second and the third felt great but the handle got very tacky and I held onto it past the release point. Not a PR but all throws over 33 and got 1st place.

LWFD: 74'.5 for a huge PR! My first two throws were 72+ which was already a big PR and then I sped up my entry just a little and hit the 74+. I could not crack 70 last year and now I have blown through it. I really figured out optimal timing for myself on this event I think. 1st place by a good margin in this event.

Lunch time: Tried to hydrate, stay loose and motivated. I was expecting to go do caber, but they were having the East/West girls do that first so we got sent to do WOB.

WOB: 16'9 for 1st and another PR! I have been working on a bigger backswing and was unsure how accurate I would be. I came in at 12' and I won at either 14 or 15', I don't remember. At that point I wanted to go for a PR and 16.6' was my previous best. My first try was very close. D. Tennison was watching and told me I just needed to sink my hips a little more to get my legs into it. I took his helpful advice and cleared it pretty damn clean. I was very excited about this.

Caber: Started off with a relatively heavy and long stick, came close to turning it but it just hurt really bad on my arm so I couldn't pull with everything I have, normally I would have no problem with the stick. Nobody turned this stick. On the second round they broke it and we had to switch to a smaller stick which sucked because it became a shootout with almost everyone turning it, I think I had an 11 and a 1:00 and wasn't even top 3. This cost me big time.

16lb sheaf: Won with 30', took a few cracks at 34 on extras but it wasn't quite there. This was a super ugly, oblong sheaf that was catching my tines bad, hell I even missed 22 on my first throw because it stuck so bad. Nonetheless I hit a decent number so good enough for 1st place.

Overall: 3rd place.

Fraser Ewan took first by hitting a great hammer and being very consistent on the other events, this is a home games for him and I am very happy he was able to win it finally against a good class. I knew that by the way things went on stone, hammer and caber that my good performances on the other events would not do enough for me to win. At this point I need heal up and get back to feeling 100% with my torn bicep. I am not going to do any games until the SE FL games at the beginning of march. By then the detached bicep should be able to scar down and I can hit hammer and caber without being in severe pain. I also need to just keep plugging away at stone, hopefully I can get it together in this event somehow. All things considered, I am happy with how things went and excited about the PRs, I know if I get healed up I can do a lot more.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/16/17 at 7:41pm
Monday Workouts

Workout #1
Medium weight sled drags forward/backwards 3 trips down and back
Neck harness 4x20
Reverse hypers 2x20
DB Hammer Curl 2x50
1 arm band extension x50

Workout #2 RE Upper day

Warmup: Upper body sled drags, 1 arm landmine press 4x20, DB pullovers 4x20

RE BB Bench
barx20
bar+doubled mini bands x10 (kept this tension)
135 8x8 (close, medium, wide, illegal wide grips, 2 sets at each grip)

Benching was supersetted with reverse hyper shrugs 3x20 and light 1 arm pulldowns 3x20

Band bell bench with 35lb KBs hanging from mini bands with 65lb bar weight so 135lbs total weight 2x20

Standing BB Shrug 2x20

Finished w/incline DB flare extension 3x20 supersetted w/lateral raise 3x20

I kept this workout very high volume and am trying to get a lot of time under tension to help my injured arm learn how to effectively stabilize itself and the high reps help with blood flow and healing. The 20 rep sets with the band bell presses are quite hard because of the time under tension and having to really fire hard to stabilize everything. I kept the workout under an hour and moved fast. The arm is black and blue today from the games yesterday. Good times!
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/16/17 at 7:57pm
Way to tough out a crazy painful injury man! Hope you get healed soon!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic