Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

C. Fay Training Log

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/05/17 at 7:18pm
Wed Throws

16lb stone
Standing throw progression x12
Standing w/out reverse x5
Standing w/reverse x5
Walk and pop x5

56lb weight entry drill x5

28lb 2 turn throw x8

16lb sheaf 
bottomw up x5
full x5

Kept the tempo and intensity pretty moderate here since I am still pretty fatigued. On the bright side, sheaf felt great and I cleared my 30 foot fence all 5 times with ease.
CharlesFay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/07/17 at 6:31am
Thursday Lower

Workout #1

Warmup: 45 degree hyper x20, GHR x20, Rev hyper x20, Landmine x20, Standing abs x20, sled dragss, 1 leg squat 2x10, 1 leg KB dead 2x5, BB front squat 2x10, hip mobility work

Caber
Walks x100 yards
Runs x2
Turns x5 (got 3 out of 5, timing a little off when throwing into the wind)

Workout #2

2 rounds of complex of: Snatch grip high pull x6/Behind the neck press x6/Snatch balance x6

BB Free squat w/chain and band
bar 3x10
bar+avg band x5
bar+avg band and 40lb chain x5
bar+avg band and 80lb chain x5 (kept this from here on out)
155x2
195x2
245x2
265 3x2
285 3x2

5 rounds of deadlift superset: 
Isometric pulls w/405 into pin 6 for 6 second holds supersetted w/speed pulls 325x2 

Ab wheel 3x12
Rev hyper 2x20
Knee jumps 3x5

I needed to do some heavier stuff this cycle on the squat and one of out powerlifters was doing his circa max phase so I jumped in with him. Free squatting does aggravate my psoas/low back but the sets felt fast. The isometric pulls were just horrible, deadlifting 405 from the floor into pin 6 for a 6 second hold is pretty excruciating and the strain makes you feel like your going to pass out, supersetting this with speed work to maintain bar speed makes it just that much more unpleasant. The back was hating me at the end of this but it was all good work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/17 at 5:16am
Saturday double sessions

AM Upper Body

Warmup: Cuff complex, upper body sled drags, flat DB bench 4x20, band pullaparts 4x20

BB Pause Bench
barx20
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x3
295x3
315x3

Slingshot bench (starting w/xxl slingshot
365x3
385x3
405x3 (switched into XL slingshot here)

5 board press w/xxl slingshot
365x5
385x5

Pressing was supersetted w/rev hyper shrugs 3x20 and scapular retractions on pullup rings 3x10

Supine med ball throw 3x5 supersetted w/fat man pullups 3x10

Session # 2 PM Throwing

18lb shot standing throw progression x12

16lb stone 
standing w/reverse x8
walk and pop x5

12lb shot full spin x5 (just wanted to give it a shot for fun)

56lb weight
Entry drill x5
2 turn throw x5

49lb weight 2 turn throw x3

28lb 2 turn throw x8

WOB x3

My thumb was just dying on me by the time I got to LWFD, this put a hurting on the practice towards the end and killed WOB for me. Probably time to break in a new glove because if my thumb is bleeding, then it sort of negates the purpose of a glove. Stones were nothing special, heavy weights were sufficient and LWFD was still crap. I need to look at film of this one and see what I can do about it. I may have gone a little overboard in the AM bench workout, I was trying to keep up with our powerlifters but realistically it may have been a little more volume than what I really need and it fried me a bit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/11/17 at 7:15pm
Monday Hammer

Heavy Hammer
Walking wind 2x20
10 wind x2
3 wind and release x3
3 wind throw x6

Light Hammer 3 wind throw x4

14lb Hammer x2

God aweful hammer day today, just felt very tight in general and could not loosen up. I was origionally going to lift after this but after this shit show I decided going home and getting some rest was a better idea. I may try to throw hammer again on friday if I have the time in order to make up for this useless session.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/11/17 at 7:21pm
Tuesday Throws and Lifts

Throwing:

16lb stone
Standing w/reverse x5
Wheel drill x5
Walk and pop x5

56lb weight
Entry drill x3
2 turn throw x3

49lb 2 turn throw x3

28lb weight 2 turn throw x12

16lb sheaf
Bottoms up x5
Full x8

Went to gym

Warmup: Cuff complex, upper body sled drags, pushup 2x20, pullover 2x20

DE Fat Bar Incline Bench w/bands
barx10
bar+doubled mini bands x5 (kept this band tension)
125 6x3

Benching was supersetted w/pulldowns 3x15

Finished with a bunch of mobility stuff to stay loose

I watched some serious film over the last few days of my latest throwing session compared to some of the great pros out there as well as of my PR throw from central florida in the LWFD. I realised that I was getting into the habit of turning too late on the entry and as a result not getting enough separation and killing my tempo and implement speed. I was getting lazy about filming myself and this was a big mistake. Today I worked on turning earlier and made some good progress with a final throw of 70+ in the LWFD. Normally I throw several feet farther in a games, so if I can continue with getting my entry and tempo right, I should throw a little better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/14/17 at 7:51pm
Thursday Double Session

Warmup: Sled drags, GHR x20, 45 degree hyper x20, Rev hyper x20, BB Front squat 2x10, 1 leg squat 2x10, 1 leg KB dead 2x5, various mobility drills

Caber
Walks x100 yards
Run x1
Turn x5

Timing felt much better, I was thinking of it as going from first gear (walk), to second year (jog) and then briefly into 3rd gear (sprint) and then turning it, this tempo seems to work best for me.

Workout #2

2 rounds of complex of: Snatch grip high pull x6/Behind the neck press x6/Snatch balance x6

Hang Power Snatch: 95x3, 135x3, 185x1, 205x1 (upper body was tight from caber and catching felt like crap so I shut these down.

BB Free Squat w/chains and bands
barx10
bar+avg bands x10
bar+avg bands and 80lb chain x10 (kept this combo)
165x2
245x2
295 3x2
315 3x2
335x1
355x1
385x1

Snatch grip high pull 205 5x2
Knee jumps 3x5
Ab wheel 2x12

Felt some rather heavy weight at the top today on the squats, kept everything else fast and wanted to leave something in the tank for Friday throws.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/14/17 at 7:55pm
Friday Throws

Warmup: Various mobility drills at gym

Heavy Hammer
Walking winds x10 forward/back
10 wind drill x2
3 wind and release into ground x5
3 wind throw x5

Light hammer 3 wind throw x5

Got in my truck and went to another field for more throwing.

18lb shot standing progression x12

16lb stone standing w/reverse x8

56lb weight 
Entry drill x5
2 turn throw x5

28lb weight 2 turn throw x10

WOB x5

Good day here, hammer felt the best it has in a very long time, I was out at or near practice bests on many of the throws with the HH. Stones were decent for me, heavy weight was great and I was at practice PR distances with both the 56 and 49. LW was not as nice as the other day and I think fatigue was slowing down my footwork a bit at this point. I rallied well with some nice WOB work and shut it down. This is my last major throw session before Ormond beach, just walk throughs next week and deloading.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/17/17 at 6:31am
Easter Sunday ME Upper

Warmup: Cuff complex, double KB overhead press 4x20, band pullaparts

ME Seated Fat Bar overhead press from pins
bar 2x10
125x5
165x3
185x2
205x1
215x1
235x1
255x1
265x1 PR

Pressing was supersetted w/rev hyper shrug 5x20 and KB shrug 3x20

Finished w/drop sets of DB lateral raise, bent raise and hammer curls.

I got off shift easter morning and did not have much sleep but got in enough caffiene to get through the workout first thing in the morning so I would have the rest of the day to relax with the family. Last big lift day before ormond.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/17/17 at 7:22pm
Monday Deload throws

12lb shot
Standing w/reverse x3

56lb weight entry drill x3
28lb weight 2 turn throw x5

16lb sheaf 
bottoms up x3
full x5

Kept the intensity and volume pretty moderate today as part of my deload for Ormond. Im hoping to get in a few throws with the hammer and caber wednesday and that will be about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/17 at 7:18pm
Ormond Beach Games 

I went up on Friday with the Wife, woke up early, ate a steak omelet and made my way to the field. I had a strong class as usual these days to compete against. It was raining a little in the morning and it made for a hot, balmy day. Here is how it went:

Open Stone: 37'9 4th place, all standing throws, best of the year but not a PR

HWFD: 35'4 1st place, the trig was slow with a thick grass on it, I just couldn't get it moving in order to finish like I wanted to, nobody was throwing particularly well on this trig.

LWFD: 70'10, 2nd place, same deal with the slow trig, I had to really get it moving from the start to throw any distance.

Heavy hammer: 94'3 on my 2nd throw for a PR, 1st place, the hammer was not a "flier" however it was a bit downhill, my previous PR was also done on this field last year.

Light Hammer: 111'1, 1st place. I just couldn't quite get it going like I wanted to here.

Caber: Turned it twice for 12:30 each time, Shane turned a 12:00 after climbing the hill and throwing it downhill and requested the judges to record it as 12:30 since he felt he used the terrain to his advantage. Very sporting move on his part, I believe we tied for first as a result.

Sheaf: 32ft, started to shank them at 34 and Steve Laser hit a big PR and beat me here. 2nd place.

WOB: 16ft, 1st place, as usual I went for 17 and hit the bar a few times but couldnt get it over.

Final result: 1st place in A-class 

I had a lot of fun competing with everyone and they pushed me as usual. I was hoping to finish the Florida season with a few more big throws with the weights, sheaf and WOB but it was not to be. At this point I am done for a little while, my next son will be coming into the world in June and we need to move to a bigger house so that is the priority. Im hoping to get into the Amateur worlds again in August and the East Coast championships. It all depends on how the family situation at the time. I have a lot of things to fix in the meantime, if I don't improve a lot I will get destroyed in Minnesota and by my own Florida A-class next year. There is a ton of technical stuff to fix and I have the time to do it. I will probably take it easy with throwing for a little while and gradually ramp it back up through the summer. 
Beau Fay View Drop Down
Call me Beauregard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau Fay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/26/17 at 8:28am
Dahhhhnnn! Great games!
"Some people like to go out dancing... other people like us, we gotta work." -Lou Reed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/26/17 at 6:36pm
Thanks Esse!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/26/17 at 6:44pm
Tuesday Upper Assistance

Warmup: Cuff complex, upper body sled drags, double KB overhead press 3x20, DB pullovers 3x20

Seated overhead BB pin press 
barx10
95 3x10

Pin press was supersetted w/strict pullups on rings 3x2

2 rounds of superset of: double KB outside the leg swing x20, wide pulldown x10, jump rope x50

Finished w/some mobility stuff

I went to a ART/chiro guy today and am hoping to have my hip/low back/psoas thing fixed. Its been bothering me for years and I think not only has an impact on my training but also my ability to get separation on stones in particular. Hopefully we will be able to fix this once and for all. My training is going to be a little different in that I will follow basically a progressive overload type of template for a while as I try to regularly do free squatting and deadlifting and see if those symptoms go away over time while performing these since they have been problematic in the past.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/17 at 7:37am
Thursday Lower

Warmup/Accessory: GHR x20, Rev hyper x20, standing abs x20, landmines x20, 45 degree hyper x20, 1 leg squat x10, 1 leg deadlift x5, various mobility excercises 

BB Hang Power Snatch 95 3x5

BB Front Squat w/harness
barx10
95x10
135x10
185 2x10

Stiff Leg DL 
135x10
185 2x10

Bent BB Row 135 2x10

Ab wheel 2x10

Everything today was light and done with a much slower negative than normal with a generally very controlled tempo. This serves as a bit of a deload on the joints while at the same time assuring I can try to dial in good form. This early high rep phase of progressive overload work has always been what I hated the most about it. At this point it is a necesssary evil in order to get back to doing some of the things I have had trouble with for a long time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/29/17 at 1:16pm
Friday Uninspired throws

14lb Hammer
Walking winds 2x10
10 wind drill 2x10
1 wind throw x3
2 wind throw x3
3 wind into ground x3
3 wind throw x3

12lb shot
Standing progression x12
Walk and pop x5

28lb weight
Standing x3
1 turn x3
2 turn x3

I am still at the point in my technique where taking much time off is not a good idea, if I take one month off, it will take another month just to get back to reasonable form. Maybe one day my proficiency will be better but it is not yet. Throwing without a games near just kills my motivation. After going through some of the stuff today in an attempt to make things interesting I think that a few of the drills I did were pretty useless. I will play with various drills and throw once a week for the next month or two. Just enough to maintain some skill.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/29/17 at 1:20pm
Saturday Bench

Warmup: Cuff complex, upper body sled drags, pushup 3x20, band pullapart 3x20, mobility work

BB Bench
barx20
135x10
185x10
225x10
245x10

Close grip 185 2x10

Benching was supersetted w/slow and controlled ring pullups 3x2

Incline DB Bench 2x20 supersetted w/1 arm row 2x10

DB curl 2x20 supersetted w/rope extensions 2x20

More light, high rep stuff, the tempo was mostly pretty controlled today. Pullups are back in my program as I have not done them since I tore off the right bicep. I didn't want to mess with them until my florida season was over. I am pretty weak at them right now but should progress over time. Boring stuff overall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/01/17 at 7:24pm
Monday Upper Accessory

Warmup: Cuff complex, upper body sled drags, double overhead KB press 3x20, DB pullover 3x20

Seated overhead BB Pin press
barx10
95x10
115x8
125x8

Pressing was supersetted with very controlled ring pullup 3x3

2 rounds of superset of double outside the leg KB swing x20, wide pulldown x10, jump rope x50

Finished with a bunch of mobility and DDP yoga stuff to loosen up and feel good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/05/17 at 6:36am
Thursday Lower

Warmup: GHR x20, 45 degree hyper x20, 1 leg squat 2x10, standing abs x20, 45 degree hyper x20, 1 leg KB deadlift 2x5, BB front squat w/bar 2x10, mobility work

2 rounds of BB complex: Snatch grip high pull x6/behind the neck pess x6/snatch balance x6

BB Hang power snatch 95x5, 115x5, 135x5

BB Front squat w/harness
barx10
135x10
185x1
225x1
275 2x8

Stiff Leg Deadlift 275 2x8

Bent BB Row 155 2x8

Ab wheel 2x10 supersetted w/landmines 2x20

Rev hyper 2x20 supersetted w/TKEs 2x20

Finished w/mobility stuff

Same deal as last week, I tried to keep the reps very controlled with moderate weights. Slight discomfort in the hole of the front squat but maybe a bit less than in the past. Hopefully my problems will slowly resolve with more treatment and work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/08/17 at 6:57pm
Friday Upper

I started off wanting to get some throws in first, some over the hill fat choad was kicking a soccer ball around in the area that I throw in and then it started pouring rain, I did a little sheaf nearby but got rained out pretty fast.

20lb sheaf
Bottoms up x5
Full x6  (pretty sloppy, its been a while since I used a 20)

Warmup: Upper body drags, cuff complex, pushup 3x20, band pullapart 3x20

BB Bench
barx20
135x10
185x5
225x1
255 2x8

Close grip 195 2x8

Benching was supersetted w/pullups 3x3

Incline DB Bench 2x20 supersetted w/1 arm DB row 2x8

DB Curl 2x20 supersetted w/cable extension 2x20

Finished w/mobility and DDP yoga stuff

Another light day, nothing very exciting. No motivation to throw right now and getting rained out didn't bother me much. We shall see how much throwing I get in the next month or so. As much as I don't want to lose my skills, I mentally need some time off from it and if my mind is not in it, then I am just going through the motions which is just no good. As I get deeper into the summer I will ramp it back up for sure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/08/17 at 7:02pm
Monday Upper accessory

Warmup: Cuff complex, sled drags, 1 arm KB overhead press 3x20, DB pullover 3x20

Seated overhead pin press
barx10
95x5
115x1
135x5
140x5

Pressing was supersetted w/2 sets of pullup ladders of 1,2,3 reps 

2 rounds of superset of 2 arm KB snatch x10, Pulldown x6, jump rope x50
2 rounds of superset of KB windmill x5, KB arm bar x5, neck harness x20

Walking HH winds x10 forward/backward
Line drill w/28 x2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/14/17 at 5:43am
Wednesday Drills etc

Walking winds w/HH 2x10
Walking winds w/LH 2x10

Line drill w/49 x2
Line drill w/ 28 x2

20lb sheaf 
bottoms up x5
back swing and drop x5

12lb shot 1-2 drill x6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/14/17 at 5:50am
Thursday Lower

Warmup: Mobility stuff, 1 leg squat 2x10, 1 leg DL 2x5

2 rounds of BB Complex: Snatch grip high pull x6/behind the neck press x6/snatch balance x6

BB Hang Power Snatch: 95x5, 145 2x5

BB Free Squat
bar 2x10
145x10
235x5
285x1
325 2x5

Deadlift (w/hook grip) 315 2x5

Bent BB Row 185 2x5

BB Shrug 185 2x20

GHR 2x15 supersetted w/45 degree hyper 2x15

Ab wheel 2x12 supersetted w/landmine 2x20

Finished w/more mobility stuff

I had to rush warmups due to time constraints. First week of free back squatting this cycle, still some discomfort in the lower back in the hole with this moderate weight, hopefully this will alleviate further. Kept the deads and rows very controlled, particularly on the negative since this is where I have the most issues with the back acting up on me. I did the assistance work which I normally would do as a warmup today at the end to make up for some volume. Nothing special, still easy weights. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/14/17 at 2:26pm
Sunday Bench

Warmup: Cuff complex, upper body sled drags, pushups 3x20, band pullaparts 3x20, mobility work

BB Bench
barx20
135x10
185x5
225x3
255x1
275x5
285x5

Benching was supersetted w/pullup ladder, 2 rounds of 1,2,3 reps

Close Grip 215x5, 225x5 supersetted w/meadow's rows 2x10

Incline 185 2x5 supersetted w/DB bent raise 2x10

DB curl 2x20 supersetted w/BB skull crusher 2x10

Nothing too great today, took my grip in on the bench since I was always a little stronger in that position. The slow, controlled reps really killed my explosiveness as planned and now it will take a few weeks to get it back as I gradually increase the weights. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/17/17 at 7:44am
Tuesday accessory

Warmup: Mobility work, cuff complex, double overhead KB press 3x20, pullover 3x20

Standing BB Press
barx10
95x5
115x1
135x5
145x5

BB press supersetted w/pullup ladder 2 rounds of 1,2, 3 reps

2 rounds of superset of double KB snatch x10, jump rope x50, 1 arm KB windmill x5

Walking HH winds x10 forward/back

I felt like hell during this one for the most part, the weekend was exhausting and my shift monday was very bad with little sleep. I had to just take it one set at a time to make it through this one as I just wanted to go home and sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/22/17 at 7:07pm
Thursday Lower

Warmup: 45 degree hyper x20, GHR x20, Rev hyper x20, Standing abs x20, sled dragss, 1 leg squat 2x10, 1 leg KB dead 2x5, BB front squat 2x10, hip mobility work

BB Hang power snatch
95x5
155 2x5

BB Free Squat
bar 2x10
145x10
235x5
285x1
325x1
345x5
375x5

Deadlift 365 2x5

Loaded the bar to 205 and did 2 rounds of the following superset: Bent row x5, Stallion stiff leg deadlift w/avg band x5, BB Shrug x20

Rev hyper 2x20 supersetted w/ab wheel 2x12 and landmine 2x20

Still some low back discomfort in the hole on the free squat and on the deadlift, my T-spine mobility is improving but I think the QL is part of the problem in the low back

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/22/17 at 7:11pm
Saturday Bench

Warmup: Cuff complex, pushup 3x20, band pullapart 3x20, mobility work

BB Bench
barx20
135x10
185x5
225x5
285x5
295x5

Benching was supersetted w/pullup 2 ladders of 1,2,3 reps

Close grip 
225x5
245x5

Close grip was supesetted w/meadow's row of 2x8

Incline 205 2x5 supersetted w/bent raise 2x8

DB curl 2x20 supersetted w/BB skull crusher 2x8

I got off shift and did this workout so I was pretty exhausted , nothing special at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/22/17 at 7:14pm
Monday Throws

Light hammer
walking wind 2x10
10 wind drill x2
3 wind and release into ground x3
3 wind throw x8

16lb stone
Standing throw progression x8
1-2 drill x4
Standing no reverse x4

28lb weight 2 turn throw x8

I was motivated to get back onto the field. After feeling pretty good on hammer and starting to warmup  on stone, the sprinklers deluged me with water and kind of screwed up everything for the rest of the session since I and my implements along with the ground were all soaked. I guess the good thing is it made me take easy throws and I think I am maybe getting a little better separation with all of my t-spine mobility work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/26/17 at 12:57pm
Tuesday Accessory

Warmup: Cuff complex, double overhead KB press 2x20, DB pullover 2x20

Standing BB Press
barx10
95x5
145x1
150x5
155x5

Pressing was supersetted w/pullups 3x4

22LB Sheaf
Bottoms up x5
Full x5

Low volume today since I was limited on time and energy. Pressing sucks as always, just very tough getting in a good rack position and feeling strong on the setup despite improving mobility.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/26/17 at 1:05pm
Thursday Lower

Warmup/Accessory: GHR x20, Rev hyper x20, standing abs x20, landmines x20, 45 degree hyper x20, 1 leg squat x10, 1 leg deadlift x5, various mobility excercises 

BB Hang Power Snatch 
95x5
135x1
165 2x5

BB Free Squat
bar 2x10
145x5
235x3
285x1
325x1
375x1
395x5
415x5 added belt here

Deadlift w/hook grip
315x1
365x5
405x5

2 rounds of superset w/225lbs of the following exercises: BB Row x5, Stallion stiff leg deads w/avg band x5, BB Shrug x20

2 rounds of superset of: Rev hyper x20, landmine x20 and ab wheel x12

Everything moved fine today, back was really acting up though as the weight gets heavier, seems to be focused in the QL on the left side. Hoping to fix it soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/01/17 at 9:13am
Wednesday throws

16lb stone
Standing progression x10
Standing no reverse x5
Standing w/reverse x5

28lb weight 2 turn throw x6

20lb sheaf
bottoms up x5
full x5

Stone and weight throws were all 70-80% effort and the volume was pretty low. I was pretty much just focusing on positions and getting my conditioning up for throwing during the summer in florida. The sheaf work gave me some very interesting insight into the changes that I need to make to throw the 20lb sheaf in comparison to the 16, I have a lot of work to do in regards to this event. On a high note, I received an invitation to throw at the amateur championship in MN. Huge honor to get to share the field again with so many great athletes and I hope to improve enough to be competitive on some events.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic