FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Program Transition.....??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Program Transition.....??
    Posted: 2/13/15 at 12:55pm
Pro Bros.....When do you transition from off season to pre season programming?

How many months / weeks in advance of your "season" do you change your programming to a "pre-season" type programming and not just a lifting.

Thanks.
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/15 at 8:13pm
Bout 6 weeks before the meat of the season (aka May/June)

Usually.

But I play it by ear. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/15 at 8:37pm
I haven't been at it as long as a lot of guys but similar to what Jeff said.   About 6-8 weeks or so, but for the first couple weeks I will work throwing in around lifting and the rest of the time I will work lifting in around throwing.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/15 at 5:34am
I don't.

Ryan Stewart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/15 at 8:46am
6-8 weeks. Takes a few weeks to knock the rust off. Then few tuning everything up. Gotta get used to your new off season strength and mass ;)

Back in the day when I would throw at early games like Phoenix, I was always in a big darn rush to get ready. Trying to be ready in just a couple weeks never worked well for me. Plus I was having to throw in the snow. Those days are over. Found it much more productive to have a long off season and start with games in May.
John Gallagher- "MASS MOVES MASS"
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/16/15 at 5:31pm
Thanks Jeff, Robin and Ryan.....and you too Cray Cray.
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/16/15 at 5:51pm
Hey, my method is proven.  Big smile
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/16/15 at 9:14pm
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 8:55am
The "transition" is exactly what I've screwed up on the last couple years.  I've planned too many "peaks" during the season with speed phases, and my strength that I worked hard on went poo poo.  I did get some solid advice from Smashy, and expect a different outcome this year.

The advice?  Stay strong, throw far.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic