Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Newbie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Northern NJ Newbie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomsonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northern NJ Newbie
    Posted: 2/01/15 at 5:04pm
Hello all, I have been lifting and competing in the olympic throws since high school (which was now 11 years ago, jeez) and I have always been looking to give the highland games a try but never had the opportunity.  I'm living in Belleville, NJ, is anyone from near there and may be willing to let me try to toss some stuff around once the snow melts?  I realize I might be in for a long drive seeing as how there is barely a field one can throw in to be found in north Jersey...

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/01/15 at 5:23pm
Live in Rockland county,New York..practice once in a while,if you don't mind throwing with a girl 3x masters world champ throws in Rockland and the legendary Mutant White Rhino( pro strongman,pro highland games) throws in Rockland...in New Jersey around Toms River long time comp Al Yodakis....contact me thru Pms here or dwood4446@gmail.com....won't start throwing till April with first games in Albany ,ny in may ( would be smart to compete or at least come watch and network as some of the top amirs on the East Coast will be there)
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/01/15 at 5:25pm
One practice field is in Stony Point,New York..the other one is at exit 16 of the Palisades parkway at Anthony Wayne Park
JUST BRING IT /

wsciscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/01/15 at 9:32pm
Bonnie Brae games are in June. Liberty corner NJ Get a hold of Sean McKay
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care.
tomsonite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomsonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/01/15 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by wsciscoe wsciscoe wrote:

Bonnie Brae games are in June. Liberty corner NJ Get a hold of Sean McKay
I went to those games a few years ago, and actually think he is the guy I met and whose number I got...then I got a new phone and lost his #.  Do you have any contact info for him?
tomsonite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomsonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/01/15 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

Live in Rockland county,New York..practice once in a while,if you don't mind throwing with a girl 3x masters world champ throws in Rockland and the legendary Mutant White Rhino( pro strongman,pro highland games) throws in Rockland...in New Jersey around Toms River long time comp Al Yodakis....contact me thru Pms here or dwood4446@gmail.com....won't start throwing till April with first games in Albany ,ny in may ( would be smart to compete or at least come watch and network as some of the top amirs on the East Coast will be there)
Thanks will do.
wsciscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 11:20am

Sean.Mckay@VerizonWireless.com

If that doesn't work look at the details of the Bonnie Brae from 2013 his wife's email is there from her interning the scores that year.
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care.
Al Yodakis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Yodakis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 2:43pm
I'm in Colts Neck, NJ if you want to come down. Will start throwing when the snow melts. Games in NJ are dwindling, Bonnie Brae got cancelled this year so you may have to do some travelling. I'll be hosting a small games in Sept as part of my church's fall festival again but the date hasn't been decided yet.

ayodakis@gmail.com

Al
"Why you eating cheescake?"
"Worked for Timmerman."
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/06/15 at 2:03pm
Big games in Albany on saturday 5/9. Upcoming pros+top amtrs in the country. Who's who of east amtrs,masters,women athletes. Come check it out and get some tips/insights
JUST BRING IT /

cyrusmedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyrusmedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/05/15 at 10:26am
Hey North Western NJ here. Just looking to get started too. I have actually started some gym workouts to prepare for the Highland Games that I found on line. I have yet to start. I am in the process of gathering Materials and equipment to practice. I have been going to the Celtic Fest in Bethlehem, PA for years.

I hope it is not to late to start now. I am 35, weight 265lbs and I am 5'11. I am not sure if I am of the right size for this competition either but in the end I hope to just have fun.
Just starting
cabeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/16 at 1:27pm
I am running a Celtic Festival in September in Central NJ. I would like to try to incorporate some type of Highland Games or a Highland Games demonstration at this Celtic Fest but I have no idea how to begin. I have never competed in Highland Games and I don't have the equipment. Please point me in the right direction. Thank you.
Chris - American Highlander Kilts
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/16 at 4:57pm
where in New jersey...long time competitor,AD,annoucer..wouldnt mind helping if its doable in my schedule..unfortunately only have 28wfd(have all open womens and masters womens weights)and 16 hammer...let me know  dwood4446@gmail.com

JUST BRING IT /

cabeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/16 at 6:37pm
Hi. Thanks for reply.

I am holding a festival in Central NJ in Mercer County, near Trenton. Have a nice location with Restrooms, water fountains, etc.

Date of the event is going to be September 10.

If you are available and it is not too far, I can definitely use all of the help I can get.

Do you know who supplies cabers?
cabeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/16 at 6:43pm
I am looking for a supplier of cabers, stones, hammers, heavy wfds etc.

I saw a video of a guy throwing a stone that looked like he just dug it up out of the ground.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic