FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log; dWood- OPERATION 225

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/16 at 10:18am
yeah  will throw@225, saw that Valenti entered-then said why doesnt the cool one enter
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/16 at 11:44am
Nah, not my style.  Besides, do I really need to beat up on Valenti more than I already have the last 15 years?  Tongue 

If they offer me to judge again, I'll come do that. 

Edited by C. Smith - 2/08/16 at 1:53pm
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/09/16 at 12:35pm
Yeah doubt was at single digit bf(thats low/but was at my leanest in 6 years). Just trying to get those duckies in a row and hit the field
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/16 at 7:36pm
It's bloody cold out! -20 w/ wind chills. Leaving the gym soaked/bundled up still froze. Cleans. 5 x5 me 175/Terri 115. Deadlifts (reps 3/2/1/1) 275-300-335-365/Terri 175-195-215-235. Terri 3 rows/5 lat pulldowns. Me. 6 sets chins. 
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/16 at 8:43pm
Been doing line drills in the basement w/35lb KB(feel good spinning/hurts like a MF'r for next 2 days then good-repeat) wearing 5MM rehbands but for comp will buck up to 7MM+Bledsoe brace for the left(one that I tore the quad)
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/16 at 9:36pm
Ok Im looking to step on the field 6/26-6/26 in Ct if I can get in..from there who knows! Terri will probes open 5/14 in NY,then try RI early June,Ct late June(6/25-26)early July game(Glasgow Lands?). Then late July/early august be foe MWC in Buffalo...yes it all depends on Ryan,he's been dealt a shitty hand and is fighting...2+ years of chemotherapy and radiation has weakened his heart and it's been giving him problems..evn though prognosis isn't good he wants his mom to go to MWC,he wants to hold on to see mom try and winMWC...I know I'm venting but it sucks moose cock that a sweet kid who didn't drink/smoke,was an A student,and lit up when he was performing on a stage would have to deal with bone cancer,skin cancer,stomach cancer before his 18th birthday-he is my idol! Hey if anyone and everyone who reads this can say a prayer for my boy it would be appreciated 100%.. sorry for the rant will try and keep to the subject of spinning vs standing wob! Love ya All
JUST BRING IT /

Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/16 at 10:02pm
Prayer sent!!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/14/16 at 5:46pm
Thanks Shawn! 
Valentines Day-after 26 yrs of marriage-have come to realize that it's her day so. Woke Terri up w/a smile and akiss/gave her some V-day chocolates and grabbed her gym bag(and mine) and said let's go lift(figured she needed the release from reality and Ryans woes). I made sure I loaded all the weights and she hit a nice 125 x5 in push press/and a PR of 220 x2 in seated sh press machine/finished with face pull/side lateral s/set. Then food shopping for some protein. 
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/16 at 6:10pm
OK. See this hasn't been updated in ions.....Dan- still lifting(been going good) still enjoy my role as #1 fan of 4x MWC Terri James..damn she impresses me each and every day....goals for late 2016 into early 2017. After getting down to 227 have let weight creep up a bit but want to lean out to 235. Increase my cardio(have been doing some light jogging 3x a week..want to keep getting better at pullups. Want to do more than 7 unassisted in a set(lighter weight will make it doable. Can bang out 4 sets of 5 now). Would love to hit a 365-385 bench soon.... Update Terri- she hasn't practiced much(lol) but has been hitting gym solidly.. went into Buffalo MWC banged up from Hunter but real strong! Her first event was heavy wfd and she went 40+/40+/41+ for a nice solid series on a tall uphill hay field. She was stoked! Event 2 turned into a diasester as she got caught up in the tall grass reinjured her hammie and tore her adductor. Was able to win event 2 and decided she would grit it out.. some iboprofuen,whiskey,and compression sleeve and plenty of tape let her finish day 1 in 1st with 6 points for 5 events. Back to hotel. Had massage therapist(thanks Harvey)work on the leg. Day 2 and massive amts of tape. 4 events day 2. 2 wins 1 2nd 1 4th. MWC #4 and tons of respect from me,her fellow competitors,and people watching. Will play it by ear for the rest of the year. Wants to do Altamont in a week but only load bearing on her knee/leg today. Will go either way. Probably Ithaca in Oct as well as Carl's cold weather classic(i might throw her as well). Get strong and healthy over the winter and get to Iceland 2017.... Ryan. This has been tough on me,hugely tough on Terri and so hard on my boy! He's a true warrior and I would trade spots with him in a heartbeat if it meant he would be healthy..his team of surgeons have worked wonders and given us hope in a hopeless situation. The poor kid wasn't given more than 10 months but has hung on for 2 1/2 yrs. He's my idol! While they haven't changed the prognosis. Every setback he fights back. True mark of a warrior is the abilty to get up after being knocked down. Stomach,kidney,sinus operations have removed tumors but more still appear. Has been in the hospital now for the last 5 months while his 21 year old peers are running around living life to their fullest. You know what he hasn't given up! FFFFF CANCER! Thanks to all that give us hope,well wishes, and thoughts of love. 
JUST BRING IT /

Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/16 at 9:07pm
Dan, it was so good to meet you and Terri finally. Congratulations to her on another Championship! That tall grass was a bear. From now on I'm packing a pair of grass cutting shears in my box, not even kidding. 

I am in constant awe of the strength and fortitude you all live in regards to your son's cancer. 

Much aloha to you all. xoxo

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/30/16 at 7:54am
Thanks Juli..great to finally meet and congrats on a huge world championship. Terri is looking forward to more games with the girls on the masters circuit and is determined to throw better next year. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts for Ryan it means a lot. Thnx
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:42am
OK. Sunday 8/28. Bench press went in to find max(thought it would be around 325. Hit rather easy 350). Monday 8/29. Front squat. Nailed 275 x 2. Tuesday 8/30. Cleans. 195 x1. Ugly. I suck at these. Weds will try some box squats to warmup and the shoulder press. Once I have these numbers will start on Monday Sept 5th with EOD lifting. One major exercise per day with 5/3/1. Hardgainer assistance ala Wendler. Off days will start out with barbell conditioner/finisher. Then onto kb swings,battle ropes,treadmill. Will start spinning with weights(line drills) these days. Looking to pop in on Carl's cold weather games and throw...want to hit 365-385 bench before as well as 300 front squat.  Got to get after it!not getting any younger
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/16 at 2:36pm
shoulder press + assistance today...hit 200 for a single was way tougher than I thought as I dont really use legs(little dip)...ok so have my numbers for next 6 weeks..am working on diet numbers and will start a IM fasting? regime....have next few days off to enjoy myself,go see some friends at Albany-then buckle down
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/28/17 at 6:02pm
wow...havent posted in ages...keep an updated log over at Jim Wendlers but just a quick update 

Terri has done 6 games this year so far(unable to do MWC in Iceland due to Ryan being back at MSK for his cancer battle...so majority games are close) 

sitting at about 239lbs feeling good,strong,threw at Carls backyard games in May..will be throwing 7/15 @ Glasgow Lands,8/12-Syracuse, 8/26 Quechee??? 9/3 Altamont and probably early Oct Scotland Ct
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/11/18 at 9:55pm
Ok...this hasn't been updated in Eons! 2017 came and went...Terri threw in 12 games I threw in 5..2018 started out and I did Valenti Odins Challenge in Jan(first strongman for me in 14 years)...training going good..will do 3 games in 2018 +highlander nationals in August...Terri will do 10-15 games and maybe give MWC a go...we were all set/actually driving their to open season in Myrtle Beach in March but got 2 horrible calls-my mom who was sick had passed and Ryan who was in Chicago visiting friends from college was in an accident..games canceled..family first...2018 season we both have big goals to show that 55 year Olds can still kick but!
JUST BRING IT /

purplearc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purplearc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/19/18 at 12:53am
Dan, Terri -
  So sorry to read about your Mom's passing. No matter their health or age - it's a huge loss when they go. Will send up a prayer for you and your family. Hope you both are back out in the sun throwing fun things soon!

Julie Dyer

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/19/18 at 7:08pm
Thanks Julie!,see ya soon
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/27/18 at 10:10pm
Tough month with 4 trips to Chicago,got Ryan home...Terri and I got one of the months workouts in together in Ct..man I can't say how strong she is..she has some serious CRS..no squats for basically the month goes in hits 225x5,250x5,275x3,300x3,325x2..wow super quick and explode out of hole...down from 375x1 a few months ago but we'll take it..open up the season(Thnk GOD) in 1 week on Cinco demayo...Oh I had an ok workout deadlifting 235x5,275x5,315x5,355x5,410x1,225x13(that set with straps..all others with dual overhand grip) then some rows and chins
JUST BRING IT /

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic