FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log: Bill Waddell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/13 at 4:38pm
Congrats on Minny. Can't wait to see you there.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/02/13 at 12:40pm
Good day yesterday at Capital District Games in NY one PR and a very hot day

OS started out crappy won with a 42' 6" crap then took extras hit a 46'+
HWD very tough implement only one link connecting the handle to the weight but I pulled out a big throw of 39+ on extras (pr)
LWD sucked only hit 65+ watched some video this morning think I know what I'm missing here
LH good throw 118+
Caber got 3 12's turned the next bigger to a 11:00 then tried the biggest one they had and almost had it got a phiffer
WOB cleared all the way up from 12 to 15! on my first try went for 15' 6" just missed (matched PR)
Sheaf I was really pooped won by clearing 29 then went to 33 and just was not even focused oh well next time.

Sponsored by friends of Billw
vonguinness View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/02/13 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by billw billw wrote:

HWD very tough implement only one link connecting the handle to the weight but I pulled out a big throw of 39+ on extras (pr)

most everyone there always says the same thing, weird weight...then they end up PR'ing with it. I know my PR is with that weight and I think Hapy did pretty well with it on Saturday too.
jammin on the one.
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/02/13 at 3:12pm
Damn, right on the heels of 40' HW.  Perhaps at Loon.  See ya there! (I'll be the lefty throwing righty).
www.sportkilt.com
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/03/13 at 5:59am
Cool Rob see ya at Loon....
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/03/13 at 7:57am
Morning Throwing seesion

Just HH still real wet outside has been raining a lot it was hard to get tacked up felt like it was slipping and felt like crap did get a couple decent throws hit 96 and on my last went 97

Lunch WOB throws not bad not great 14 easy kept pushin the bar out of the way at 15 happy with that considering how sore I am prob shouldn't even be throwing yet...

Edited by billw - 9/03/13 at 12:07pm
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/13 at 12:43pm
Threw some and all I'm going to say is

I HATE THE FFFFFING LWD!!!!  now I feel a little better....
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/13 at 1:17pm
Just want to start out by saying I had an awesome time thanks to Kevin, Jeff and everyone that helped out on the field was a great time.

Now lets talk throws ok so stone was not so good for me not that I'm very good at it anyway but just didn't seem to really hit one good think I got low 40's not sure how I placed in that event... then on to the 56 did pretty good first throw was my best 36' 10" for fourth place I think Charles inched me out with a 36' 10.5" on his last throw.... then LWD crappy don't even remember what the distance was but sucked.. Heavy Hammer after the first throw with blades was 83' I took my blades off then threw 92 and 94' 10" and took 3rd in that... Caber was next after Lunch and I was ready to crush this thing was a fat stick but short 16' 8" not sure the weight first turn was 12:15 second was a 12:00 and third was a 11:45 took 1st in that then on to sheaf what a battle have never been around so many good sheaf throwers in one comp, was a 20lb bag 4 or 5 still in at 31 and 4 people cleared it 33 was just out of reach but Nick had a great pull and hit the bar he's close, ended up 2nd with count backs then came WOB not very happy with my performance in WOB 13 and 14 easy and had the height for 15 just didn't happen and I have been hitting that pretty consistent lately.  Overall came in 5th place about were I hoped to finish was an awesome group of AMS now time to rest lift and throw and see what I can pull off at Loon this year.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/13 at 1:00pm
<3 lwd
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/11/13 at 10:27am
Nice meeting you Bill Jr.  Your caber was fun to watch.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/12/13 at 8:39am
Nice to meet you also Nathan hope to see you again maybe next year take care. 
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/12/13 at 8:41am
Got to catch up on this training log

Tuesday Sept 10th

Benched
Squat
dumbell rows
hammer curls

Wed Sept 11

Push press
Deadlift
face pulls
band work for the hips 

Edited by billw - 9/16/13 at 7:00am
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/13 at 7:03am
Been real busy with kids in sports, one is in soccer the other is in football middle school and High School plus trying to get the house ready for winter and getting my wood cut.  Did manage to get a workout in last Thursday did some olympic lifting cleans and snatch nothing to heavy but it did kick my ass didn't get to throw over the weekend but plan on it this week before loon..
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/13 at 8:34am
Alright haven't posted in a while got real sick after loon with some kind of head cold that was going around wiped me out for a week haven't done any throwing started to do some general fitness get into shape did play around with the new super yolk we have at the gym worked up to a 715lb carry down and back about 20-25 yards total going to go for a 895 next time... then after my shift I road the bike for 3 miles then did a crossfit workout so it was

100 single jump ropes (can't do double unders)
50 wall balls (20lb to a 10ft target)
75 jump rope
30 box jumbs
50 jump ropes
10 deadlift 275lb
25 jump roes

that was Thursday night and I'm still sore great workout...
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/13 at 9:44am
Billy, you doin Scotland? I think I'm gonna for a shot at sheaf redemption.
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/13 at 1:02pm
Jeff,

Still not sure if the weather looks good and I can get some wood cut maybe....
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/13 at 6:30pm
Sweet. I'll miss your musk if you cant go
Jeff Kaste

billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/22/14 at 12:35pm
If any of my New England throwing friends are interested I have a indoor throwing facility and is big enough to do all events it's a horse riding arena and is NOT heated but still a great place to throw let me know if your interested.
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/22/14 at 3:18pm
Threw this afternoon cold only about 3 degrees outside but got the work in open stone and light weight.
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/22/14 at 4:04pm
This is an awesome idea!!   Indoor kickoff games anyone?!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/22/14 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by grasshopper grasshopper wrote:

This is an awesome idea!!   Indoor kickoff games anyone?!

Ummm, yes.
www.sportkilt.com
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/22/14 at 6:28pm
If nothing is on the calendar I would come over to play.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/22/14 at 6:57pm
Bill. I might just do that. 

We can talk sheaf. Apparently I'm good at it again. 
Jeff Kaste

billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/14 at 10:42am
Hey guys trying to line up a weekend to use the indoor riding arena to throw will let everyone know...
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/14 at 11:59am
YES!
Jeff Kaste

billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/14 at 9:57am
Haven't posted in a while had a good game last weekend in Maine got some pointers from Matt Doherty in the LWD and applied them on Monday in practices and was hitting 70's with two throws 75+ so we will see if this gets more consistent or not, thanks Matt!  Mostly been practice this week no lifting, feel like my sheaf mojo is coming back threw a 35' 3" in practice we will see how it goes on SAT will be fun for sure. 
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/14 at 10:01am
Good luck man. PRs all day!
Jeff Kaste

Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/14 at 11:06am

MOJO!!!

The man in the arena.
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/22/14 at 11:37am
Did a quick little workout yesterday

squat 135 x10 225x10 275x10
strict press 135x10 185x5  225x5
dumbell rows 130x10 each arm
was going to bench no time before my shift started then after my shift
cold plunge pool and hotub and rest and be ready for Sat...
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/14 at 9:14am
Quechee yesterday was a great day beautiful weather and had some great throws

Braemar Stone think it was 36+
Open stone went 46+
Heavy weight I want to hit 38 or higher but just couldn't get there my best was a 36+
My Highlight of the day LWD First throw was a 72+ so thing were feeling on then I nailed one hit a big PR 76' 5" so happy here been trying for so long to get the LWD numbers up big shout out to Matt Doherty again for the pointers he showed me in Maine I really was able to take that and transfer it into some great numbers.
Caber was a crazy one 21' not sure what the weight was between 105-120 and crooked all over managed a 12:30 on my second throw.
Sheaf did not turn out like I wanted couldn't hit a groove felt off on every throw still cleared 30' 3" but couldn't quite hit 32 still took the win but was looking to go 35+  did bother me much was still happy about my PR
WOB I was tired but I have tweaked my form and it's making a big difference went 14' 8" easy then it went to 15' 8" and I smashed the bar so it's def not far off.
Was a great day had lots of fun always love the field out there now to get ready for Capital District Games .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic