Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log: Bill Waddell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/05/13 at 1:19pm
Threw HWD

started with the 62 for 6 throws best of 31+
went to the 56 threw about 10-15 throws best of 36+ just not hitting the power right I'm going to get the video camera from my dad and post some videos so maybe I can get some input on what I'm missing here weight feels so light just doesn't seem to fly.  Doing 20lb sheaf later will update on how that goes.
Sponsored by friends of Billw
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/05/13 at 8:46pm
Messed with the camera and taped my sheaf tonight kind of crappy noticed right away what I was doing wrong I just wasn't standing up with the throw still had some decent throws with the 20lb bag here is the video

grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/05/13 at 9:30pm
Sparkles!!!  Hells ya!!!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/13 at 7:52am
Originally posted by grasshopper grasshopper wrote:

Sparkles!!!  Hells ya!!!

Ya just trying out the different things in iMovie haha will have some more videos hopefully I'll get some input...
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/13 at 8:05am
It's just good practice anyway man. Remember what we talked about. Tape a throw and then watch it when you go shag. Look and work on certain things. Watch video of your favorite top guy and compare what you do to them.   Real time feedback man!   Your awesome man!!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/13 at 8:53am
Last nights workout pretty shitty just not feeling it

Ran 400m
Benched
front squat
bent over dumbell rows
face pulls
and got the hell out of there...
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/08/13 at 12:42pm
Open Stone at Lunch time

3 standing no reverse
3 standing with reverse
15 full throws felt really good best of 49' 2" (that is a big throw for me) everything else was in the 45+ range a lot of 47 and 48 guess that day off was needed.
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/08/13 at 12:55pm
Nice tosses bro! Must be getting some lift in those putts.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/08/13 at 4:08pm
Yowsa!!! That's huge Bill!! Bring that sucka come game time!!!
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/08/13 at 8:41pm
Lifted tonight nothing to crazy kept it light and fast

Warm up
HGD 3x10
HGD situps 3x10
push press
bar x10
135 x10
155 x8
175 x8
195 2x5

Dead lift
135 2x10
225 2x10
315 3x5

then a quick Met Con
5 burpees to bar
10 box jumps
25yd prowler push
for three rounds
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/13 at 3:52pm
Alright guess I should get caught up on my log

Sat Night thru Sheaf again, second throw I hooked it and it got wet (rolled in the brook) was a little heavier after that so just did what I could...

ok on to today I threw

62 lb weight for distance 5 or 6 throws hit 32+
then 56 for distance every throw was 37+
ok then I started with the 28 WFD first throw was 66+ then started to go to hell then I realized how much I was slipping in my Tanels so I put on my soccer cleats and wow what a difference and started hitting 67, 68 and the last one was a 70 so needless to say I was losing a lot sliding around with those other cleats will post up some video later so maybe I can get some feed back.
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/13 at 7:10pm
Had a great day at Maine Highland Games everyone threw awesome here are my numbers

OS 51+ (HUGE PR FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER THROWN OVER 50!!)
HWD 37+ felt good not a pr but was good
LWD  70' 4" just below my pr great series went 70' 4", 69' somrthing, and 69' 11"  very happy with it
HH  first throw was my best 97+ or 96+ not to sure still a PR
LH  119' 9" another PR
WOB not so good sat on the bar at 14 on my third pull and my first two pulls were plenty high just out in front
SHEAF 20lb not bad not a PR but hit 30' 1"

and finished 2nd overall behind Jeff we were really pushing each other out there it was GREAT!

I can't say enough how good of a day it was just so much fun everyone was throwing well, great weather, great people, just what it's all about....
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/13 at 7:14pm
Huge! You guy all had a great day. 50+ in stone is a great milestone. Also 30+ in heavy sheaf. Great job.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/13 at 12:36pm
Thanks Nathan had a great day doesn't happen as often as it used to so was real nice...

Lunch Time Throws

Braemar Stone 23lb 10-12 throws felt good really focusing on going threw with the hip and punching up high

WOB started at 13 went up to 14' 4" just really focusing on getting more consistent and finishing up tall

billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/20/13 at 12:34pm
Lunch throws

Sheaf 16lb started at 26' 9" finished 36' 9" cleared 34' 9" hit the bar several times at 36' 9" but just not there today took a lot of throws

little lifting tonight.
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/20/13 at 3:06pm
Congrats on the big day brother!
5-0...huuuuge toss..
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/20/13 at 8:10pm
Thanks BJ it was a good day

Lifted not going to heavy just getting it done have three more weekends of competing to go so keeping it simple

Bench barx10 135x10 185x8 225x5 245x5

squat  135x8 225x5 315x2x5 345x5

billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/13 at 12:28pm
Lunchtime Throws

62lb WFD 5 throws best of 31' 5"
56 lb WFD 6 throws best of 38' 2"
28 lb WFD 8-10 throws best of 69' 6"

I threw pretty well considering how sore I am and how hot it is outside now rest and throw big on Sat
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/26/13 at 3:46pm
Quechee Scottish Festival
threw on Sat nothing big to report
Braemar 35 something
OS 47
HWD 37
LWD sucked still no consistency first throw was a 61 second a 62 then third felt a little better with a 65+ but just wasn't feeling it will fix that for sure.
caber felt strong
sheaf was fun came in at 25 or 26  went to 33 cleared easy then told them to see how high the ladder would go went to 38 took 3 pulls 2nd one smashed the bar third one was out in front but really high... waiting to get some video will post it when I get it.
17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/26/13 at 5:24pm
OS has really improved 47-50' ! ECC ? Good Luck if so.
I MAY BE BIG , BUT I'M FAST
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/13 at 12:59pm
Thanks Don ys my stone has being getting better and better I think I owe it to line drills and improving my power position.
No ECC this year headed to Altamont on sunday Capital District Games.

practice at lunch
took a couple of days off I was feeling really tired and wore out so think those days off helped .
warm up
OS took 8-10 throws best of 50+
LWD started with my old 28 just to warm up then grabbed the other took well too many throws all 68+ and 69+ just could break that 70 barrier today legs still feel a little slow and sluggish going to do some prehab stuff to loosen them up. 
No lifting this week just feel like I need to just focus on throwing right now and not feeling that lifting is going to do much with two more weekends in a row.
 If you haven't heard I'm going to Minnesota for the World Amateur Championship so that will be my fourth weekend in a row and I'm trying to adjust to be ready for it....
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/13 at 1:14pm
WooohoooO! You more than earned it dude, it's gonna be fun competing with you again outside of NE!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/13 at 1:41pm
Ya can't wait do you realize 4 of the 5 guys from the North team are going to be there..... pretty cool 
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/13 at 6:39pm
Awesome Bill!!!   Congrats!! You sooooooo deserve this!!
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/13 at 8:16pm
North Team 2013 rulez!!
Jeff Kaste

billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/13 at 8:59pm
Thanks Tony that means a lot coming from you.  Loon will be crazy this year can't wait to see you drop some bombs there....
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/13 at 9:53am
Did a early morning hammer session was feeling real good really focusing on a big radius threw a couple easy ones then added some speed had a few out at 119+ then I chucked one into a little patch of brush and little trees and hit a rock and broke the damn thing took me forever to find the head it rolled clear across the street into the ditch...
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/13 at 12:00pm
Hahahaha hate it when that happens! Is the hammer head ok???
Jeff Kaste

billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/13 at 12:17pm
Lunch Time throwing pretty happy

HWD 62lb weight blah just for warm up switched to 56 for 3 throws best of 38+
WOB started at 13 easy went to 14 made it three times in a row NICE went to 15 bam second try missed three more then bam again very happy with that... too wet out for sheaf so had to skip it for now.
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/13 at 12:19pm
Hey Jeff it's pretty messed up there's a piece of the rock embedded in the head looks cool tried getting the old pvc out but having a hell of a time pretty messed up on the bottom...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic