Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

training log: Eddie Brown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/04/14 at 6:51pm
Nice hammers. It must be that iron stomach...lol.
Mean Well, Speak Well, Do Well
eddie.brown View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/04/14 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by SeanUrq SeanUrq wrote:

Nice hammers. It must be that iron stomach...lol.

I have my water imported from Mexico.
Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/24/14 at 9:21pm
And now for my Phoenix games wrap up........JUST KIDDING.  

The numbers are in the database and nothing I say will change them.  I'd rather not publicly hash out my feelings about how I did and what was going through my head throughout the day.  No excuses for my performance.  Time to get better.

Also, Francis bought me Panda Express.  YES!
Eddie The Brown
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/25/14 at 5:25am
I still think you're the Bee's Knees, dude. ANd you beat Adam at Caber. 

Be sure to rub that in his face as much as humanly possible. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/26/14 at 7:43pm
I did beat Adam at caber.  I would like to do this again.  He's a caber master so I'll need some practice, skill and luck to repeat.

HWFD today felt better than it did in competition.  Working on speeding things up.  I haven't ever been fast but I've always wanted to be.

Eddie The Brown
BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/26/14 at 10:26pm
Looking good Eddie! It was great throwing with you this weekend and finally getting to put a face with the log I've been creeping on.
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/27/14 at 6:52pm
"Log I've been creeping on"

Giggity
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/14 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by BrainSmasher BrainSmasher wrote:

Looking good Eddie! It was great throwing with you this weekend and finally getting to put a face with the log I've been creeping on.

^I should really post more selfies on NASGA.  

Weights today continued to feel good.  I'm not great but I've always wanted to be.

Sprint drill in video below felt great.  Trying to slowly get faster in my doubles for some sustainable gains.  I can't be Inconsistent Igor anymore.  Trying to get all my energy into the implement instead of being so rotational that I fall off the side on every throw.  My sprint needs to be more linear but this is better than what I was doing IMO.

Eddie The Brown
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/14 at 10:15am
Yesterday was a solid step forward.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/14/14 at 9:53pm
Threw in Las Vegas this weekend.  On average it was probably my strongest competition yet.  Had PRs in both weights, light hammer and tied my WOB PR.  

Big thanks to Jake Sullivan for having me over to practice WOB, I believe I'll hit 16 feet by the end of this season.

Big thanks to Randy Miller for taking me up and back and ensuring my game day nutrition improved drastically.

Also can't leave my mom out as she made me a new kilt to go with my spider man theme.  Thanks mom!
Eddie The Brown
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/15/14 at 8:44am
I'm jelly of your mom's kilt skillz..

Grats on the PRs, glad to see everything coming together.
eclarkhb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclarkhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/15/14 at 8:53am
Can we see a pic of this spider man kilt?

Oh, and congrats on the PRs! :)
Highland Games 40+ Masters Competitor &
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Purple Belt
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/15/14 at 4:03pm
Nice work with the PRs. Ill race to to 16'

Go!
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/16/14 at 9:52pm
A race to 16 it is Mr. Parker.

How do I upload a picture here?
Eddie The Brown
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/16/14 at 10:07pm
Can I play?
The man in the arena.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/16/14 at 10:11pm
Go home Duncan, you're drunk.
Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/11/14 at 8:44pm
13 Cleared it
14 Cleared it
15 Cleared it
16 Cleared it
16'6" NOPE.

I'll take 16 for now though.  
Eddie The Brown
adambrezina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/11/14 at 9:01pm
Good job today big guy
Skinny guy trying to get big
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/11/14 at 9:07pm
Thanks.  Going to try and force a tie in WOB next time.  #CROSSTOWNRIVAL
Eddie The Brown
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/11/14 at 9:35pm
16'

You win.

Nice job bud!
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/19/14 at 9:40pm
Was lucky enough to get some stuff on film in Prescott.

Eddie The Brown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/20/14 at 9:54am
350 Push Press

WFD 

Eddie The Brown
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/20/14 at 10:00am
Strong. 

I love the bouncy up and down thing you do when you cast the weights too.  It's a perfect dance with that music. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/20/14 at 10:11am
Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

Strong. 

I love the bouncy up and down thing you do when you cast the weights too.  It's a perfect dance with that music. 

Thanks.  I was having trouble relaxing my arm and Sully suggested I try to get the weight going with my legs in this manner in order to stay loose.  I never really phased it out of my throws because I like it but I realize I look silly doing it.

It's weird because Sully has me bounce on his lap sometimes too in practice because he says it's a good warm-up.  I'm just happy to have such a knowledgeable training partner.
Eddie The Brown
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/20/14 at 10:18am
I'm no expert, but that warm-up sounds like a trap.  I'm not sure how...but just be careful.  
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/20/14 at 10:22am
Pshhh. It's not a trap. It's science. Dynamic warmups reduce injury. I wouldn't want him to get hurt. Jeez.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/20/14 at 10:28am
Can't argue with science. 

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/01/14 at 8:38pm
Decided to try something heavier Friday. I've never been a gifted bencher.  Spaghetti arms FTW.

Eddie The Brown
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/02/14 at 6:29am
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/02/14 at 7:38am
I personally think your next video should provide us with a better shot of your nut sack.  This angle just isn't cutting it.
www.sportkilt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic