Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: jp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/13 at 5:29pm
11/9

Snatch/C&J

Trained at Winners Edge Performance Center today while the big guy did events training with the crew. 

Brought my ladies bar and used pounds. Don't know how to train in pounds. What felt heavy really wasn't so next time I need to bring my kilo plates. I think I only went up to about 50 on the Snatch and singles at 65 on the c&j. So next time I bring my plates so I know it's not heavy until it's heavy. 

Also, I learned something else about myself today. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was pretty jazzed about training in Z's gym. My adrenaline starts to pump and I get pretty nervous. Well, it happened again today. I've trained alone for years and years and I think I've gotten into my groove a bit too much. So I'll haul my kilo plates and my arse out to Winners Edge to train with their crew when the Bigg guy heads out there to learn to chill the F out in a crowd. I'm wondering if this will also help me chill out a bit more on games dayz. It was interesting.

-off to do my kb swings right meow. 500 (if I write it I have to do it...right???)

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/13 at 5:53pm
You're doing KB swings right meow?
The man in the arena.
Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/13 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

You're doing KB swings right meow?

Well, I was. I'm done meow so that's good. I almost didn't do them today but thought, meow's the time! So they're done meow. Thank dogs, meow I don't have to worry about them until tomorrow.

jp

...MEOW!

tosabarbell.com
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/13 at 6:33pm
Well played M'am...(tips hat)
The man in the arena.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/13 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

Well played M'am...(tips hat)

Why thank youEmbarrassed (curtsies)

11/11

500kb swings

Squat:
10x10@60kg

Press:
10x10@30kg

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/13 at 2:57pm
11/12/13 (heh)

500kb swings (snore)

Throwing:

Distance line drills at the track. Madam Pockoski made these look sooooo easy in the video. I was surprised at how hard they were. It was very satisfying to put a string together though. I did much better with the 21 than the 14. I think it went well for the first time out, will keep practicing and hopefully try the short spins with the 28 next time. 

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/13 at 11:24am
11/13

500kb swings. Sets of 50, 3 reps- 25kg bb curls in between each set.

11/14

500kb swings

Deadlift deload:
1x5@55kg, 60, 65

Bench:
10x10@35

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/13 at 2:29pm
11/15

500Kb swings

Throwing:
Braemar line drills

Straight line drills

11/16
500 kb swings in sets of 50
3 50Kg power cleans between each set.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/13 at 12:30pm
11/17

500kb swings

11/18

500kb swings

Squats:
Up to 10x10@65kg

Press:
Up to 10x10@33

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/13 at 12:20pm
11/19 & 20 500 kb swings

*usually I would have gone and spent some time on throwing drills on Tuesday but I was completely trashed from lack of sleep. I guess 3:30am is the best time of day to spend some time street cleaning our street? Wisconsin is weird. Anyways, I listened to a sore and exhausted bod and stuck to the kb's only.

11/21

Deadlift:
Up to 1x5@80kg, 85, 90+(9)

Bench:
Up to 10x10@40

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/13 at 5:23pm
11/22

500kb swings (always a challenge after deadlift day.)

11/23

500kb swings in sets of 50, 2-50kg deadlift after each set

jp

tosabarbell.com
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/13 at 5:45pm
Have you noticed any body composition changes w/ the 500 kb swings each day??leaner?dense? Just wonering
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/13 at 6:21pm
Hi Dan, good question. The best way I can answer is yes...and no. 

Yes in that a) I've firmed up a jelly belly that appeared 1/2 way through the season. Yuk. There's still belly there but much more muscle. There would be less belly if I'd done the '2 protein shakes and a meal' program with the KB swings I'd read that either Dan John did or someone inspired by the Kb swing deal. That's not going to happen with high volume training for me, I wouldn't make it. Drinkies probably aren't great either but whatev, my choice. I have opportunity to further clean up the diet, we'll see. I'm going through something very difficult personally right now and avoiding just completely blowing things up will be my main goal. There is a lot of uncertainty and hurt in the future, I'll do my best (prolly TMI but there ya go.)

Also, more dense? Yes but that will probably be chalked up to volume training. I had read the program wrong (or not as thorough as I should have) and have worked up to the 10x10, not used part of the 10 as warmups. So though I don't know how much muscle mass I've gained or turned from chubbyness, I feel hyoooge. I didn't take measurements or get on the scale, life's hard enough. 

On the yes side most importantly is that my lower abs have gotten much stronger and that's helped my low back issues. A weight belt that didn't formerly fit is now on the 3rd notch so there ya go.

On the no side, and again this could be perception, I feel hyooge. Muscle-y. But I like it and have enjoyed the program (which I can say going into my last week of big volume.)

Sorry for the book. Sometimes distractions are welcome.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/13 at 1:22pm
11/25

Squats:
1x10@20kg
1x10@40
1x10@50
1x10@60
2x10@65
2x10@55
1x10@50
1x10@40

All I had in me yesterday.

11/26

Press
1x10@20
1x10@30
6x10@33
2x10@30

All I had in me today. Also finished up day 20 of my 500kb swings. But not in a row:( Almost made it. I'm glad it's done. I'll stick with a couple hundred a day to keep conditioned to it and start it up again either before xmas or after. We'll see.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/13 at 11:15am
11/28

300kb swings in sets of 50; 30 second plank in between each set.

11/29

Trained at SouthSide Bully in Burnsville. Holla! Love it there.

DL:
Up to 1x3@85kg, 90, 95+(6)
These were fine considering a very bad week. I could have done more on my + set but will be throwing with Jon Dahlin tomorrow morning and didn't want to do that with a fatigued back.

Bench:
Up to 10x10@40 Fine.

So long 10x10's!!!!!

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/13 at 11:00am
11/30

Throwing Day

Beautiful, crisp 28 degree Minnesota morning! Met up with  Jon Dahlin up at SouthSide and we threw distance weights. I threw mostly the 14 but dabbled with the 21 and his 28.

He helped me work out my first turn and it felt much better. I have some great drills to work on and will get the consistency down. Another 'mystery' solved re: feet in the first turn. I know where my feet need to go but everyone kept telling me I had to go SLOWWW on the first turn. Well, if my feet need to get placed quickly but I need to go slow on the first turn...how in hellz bellz do I do THAT? His advice, fast feet. Keep upper body slow and controlled. Ohhhhhhhhh. That makes so much more sense. 

It was a great session and I'm very thankful for Jon for coming out early and throwing with me. Lots of great stuff.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/13 at 11:40am
12/3

Deload week on squat/press/bench

Squat:
Up to 3x10@60

Press:
Up to 3x10@30

100kb swings...cuz why not.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/13 at 1:57pm
12/4

100kb swings in sets of 25 with 5 20kg curls in between sets.

12/5

Deadlift:
Up to 1x5@90, 1x3@95, 1x1+@100(6)

Bench:
Up to 3x10@35

I heart deload week.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/13 at 12:13pm
12/7

Finished deload week.

Power Cleans:
Up to cleans on the 45 second mark, 5@50kg, 5@55

Conditioning:
21-15-9 reps 20kg thrusters/jumping pull ups

UffDa.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/13 at 12:47pm
12/9

Squat:
Up to 5x10@70kg

Press:
Up to 5x10@36kg

100 kb swingies

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/13 at 4:40pm
12/10

Throwing Day (inside)

Hammer drills. Spins walking forward, spins walking backward. Spins walking sideways...then the other ways. Left handed spins, right handed spins. Just so very many spinnies. Probably rhabdo'd my ab. Probably.

Distance footwork drills. Really broke through on my first turn. Lots of turns right down the middle. Felt awesome. Looking forward to it getting above 10 degrees to go throw outside and see how this feels in real life.

Good day. Much needed rest day tomorrow.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/13 at 10:09am
12/12

**Rib cage felt as if trampled by elephants after so much hammer work on Tuesday. So that was fun.

Deadlift Deload:
Up to 1x5@60kg, 65, 70

Bench:
5x10@45

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/13 at 1:46pm
12/15

Meant to do this yesterday but that turned out to be shoveling day.

Power Snatch:
Up to 8 @ 50kg on the minute

Power Clean:
Up to 5 @ 60Kg

300 Kb swings.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/13 at 1:42pm
12/16

Squat:
Up to 5x10@70kg

Press:
Up to 5x10@36

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/13 at 11:58am
12/18

Throwing Day

Took the distance weights and the hammer out in the snow. Did a bunch of line drills with the 14 and 21 (tape was tied to the 28.) Felt ok. I forgot my tennis shoes so had to wear my track shoes on the parking lot and it was a bit awkward but it wasn't working well with the Sorel's.

Took 5 throws into the snow with both the 21 and 14. It went really good! Some went far, one landed me in the snow bank (brrrrr) and a couple didn't. I'll take it for the first time tossing in two months. Indoor drills helping tons. I'll go back to that next week. 

Also did some hammer swings but not too much because I need to deadlift tomorrow. 

OH! Threw 5 wob's with the 28. Felt good. Not getting a huge push with the Sorel's but kept it close and seemed to have a good release. Thought I lost the weight on my last throw, it went into the snow bank all the way to the bottom. Even though I knew in my head it was there it was still kind of scary until I shoveled it out. I struggle.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/13 at 11:33am
12/19

Deadlift:
Up to 1x5@85kg, 90, 95+(8)

Bench:
5x10@45

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/13 at 11:52am
12/21

Snatch:
Up to...
1x4@35kg and 40
1x2@45 and 50
1x1@55 and 60

Power Clean and Jerk
Up to...
1x2@45, 55
1x1@60, 65, 70

Power Clean @ 75

Moving on to sidewalk ice removal. Yeah!

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/13 at 5:31pm
12/22

Did Monday's session today. Upper bod shmoked from oly lifts yesterday so pressing quickly turned into push press. Ah well...

Squat:
Up to 5x10@75kg

Press:
Up to 5x10@40

So long 10's...you summa-a-b*tch!

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/13 at 7:44pm
12/26

Throwing Day

Worked with Brian Hare @SouthSide Bully on o. stone drills. Came home with three specific drills focusing on each position and then one more to put it all together. As always, learned a ton. Incredibly helpful session, thanks Brian!!!

Looking forward to putting these to practice next week!

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/13 at 12:22pm
12/27

Deadlift:
Up to 1x3@90, 95, 100+(6)
*I ended up doing two @90 cuz I struggle. I was hoping for more on the 100 but I wasn't staying squeezed up enough for comfort. Travel and crappy food the last few days caught up to me.

Bench:
Up to 5x10@50

100 kb swings. Will be doing the 500 for 20 days dealio again starting on 1/2. Gearing up for that.

jp

tosabarbell.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
  Share Topic