Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: BJ Ketchem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAINING LOG: BJ Ketchem
    Posted: 7/27/12 at 5:37pm
Now that mike and I have been geographically separated, my lawyer has agreed that a seperate training log is in order.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/27/12 at 11:38pm
And my lawyer agreed that a restraining order was in order.   zing  haha   I kid, of course.

Gonna miss training with you all the time, bro.

Guess I better start a new log and get back on track so I have something to put in it.  Ermm
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/12 at 12:40pm
Me too bro...though you did give me the gift of providing me with a new training partner.

Back from a week in Florida, took Luce to Disney for her first time...it was amazing to see how much fun she had.

7-30-12

Deads
315x5, 360x3, 405x2

Wod
As many sets in 12 min:
High pulls x165/burpees
1,2,3,4,5 etc. got 7 full sets and 8 high pulls

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/12 at 11:30am
7-31-12

Strict Pres95x3x10. flexibility continuing to improve, was acutally pushing it straight over head. been at least 3 years since I have been able to do that.

WOD:
Close Grip Snatch 95x10/Wall Balls minimum 10'x30#x10
As many rounds as possible in 10 min. got 4 complete rounds.

OBV not a big fan of 10 reps of snatches, I treated it more like sets of 3, and focused more on technique vs. doing them poorly.
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/12 at 6:35pm
8-2-12

Main Lift:
High Pull 205x7x2

WOD:
Deadlift 205x10
High Pull 205x5
Strict Press 95x5
200m Run
5 Rounds for time: I think it was 14min and change
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/12 at 11:38pm
This TLOG =

BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/12 at 10:08am
wow. how do i even respond?
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/12 at 10:50am
Wink
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/12 at 1:55pm

8/3/12

Bench press 225x5, 265x3,295x4

WOD
SDHP 115x10 (dumbest lift in the history of mankind)
Pushup x15
Abmat x20
200m run
4 found @ 16:00min

Amazing how a direct improvement on my flexability has led to massive jumps in my pressing.  Wasnt long ago that 250 was a bench max.
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/12 at 3:44pm
good work. funny how being healthy effects performance
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/12 at 6:37pm
no doubt bro... Looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings...and yes I am still trying to figure out a worthy comeback..

...thanks again for your "encouragement" to get this thing straight....you're still a d-bag.
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/12 at 11:00pm

Matrix Origami

BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/12 at 12:28pm
8-6-12

Overhead Squats- GIDDIYUP! First time able to do these since 2009! Granted only 15 # bar. But I couldnt even with a PVC pipe 2 months ago. 
15x5x5

WOD
200m Erg Sprint
Fronts 135x10
HR Push Upx10
GHR Abx10

5 Rounds- 16:41, 2 days in a row were I didnt finish last!
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
dl_buffy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dl_buffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/12 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by BKetch BKetch wrote:

8-6-12
5 Rounds- 16:41, 2 days in a row were I didnt finish last!

Good for you!
I was always the fat slow guy when we tried xfit for a while.  That is why I had to be mean and crank out on the max lift days, show them wht's up.
---------
I have very few social interaction skills, so I just throw stuff instead.
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/12 at 10:24am
"That is why I had to be mean and crank out on the max lift days, show them wht's up"

Dig it, that's awesome.

Thanks, DL...Looking forward to getting back to the point of being a strong person again....
Making leaps and bounds with shoulder... Full Legit catch/rack today in cleans...again, first since 2009. And my jerks are almost straight over head...pumped about this!

Power Cleans up to 165x3, as I said full catch/rack

WOD
400m Erg Sprint
CJ 115x10
KB Swing 24x10
Pull Ups with bandx12---need to lose this band...embarassing.
23:41...this was rough.

― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/12 at 10:35am
I am still not comfortable with the split up on the training thread.  I could not overhead squat pompoms, clearly your healing up nice.  Good work.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/12 at 6:57pm
Thanks Myles, I appreciate it.

I have to agree with you about the split, I am not fully sold on it...there are many things I would  programed differently.

Having said that, I figured, just go with it until its time to transition into the next phase, listen to my body, and if it's helping, let it roll, if not, reassess.

So far my RHR is better, my body fat is down ( more importantly a good diet has been the key with that), my flexibility is getting much better, and overall I feel good (except for a some patella tendinitis that flares up every so often). 

I appreciate your any feedback you have, you're someone I really respect in this game.

― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/08/12 at 10:40am
I think the Mule was referring to our split, not your training split.   haha
Mike Wills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Wills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/08/12 at 10:58am
What are you doing to increase your shoulder flexibility?
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/08/12 at 11:54am
That makes two of us Dickens.

Hey Willsy, a steady diet of going to physical therapist 2x week:

-Stim
-various passive stretching
-pendelum exercises
-various strength exercises
-mobility exercises
-ice
-Iontophoresis

On my own:
-pre-workout mobility, cuff exercises with and with/out jump stretch bands 3-4x's a week...about 15 mins on this
-within each workout the emphasis is mobility>heavier weights
-post workout static stretching and foam roller 3-4x's week...about 10 mins on this
-emphasis pes, lats as well as shoulders
-stretching pecs, lats throughout the day

-some exercises are at 2:46 of this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QPMSriohyE&feature=related

― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/12 at 7:22pm
Yesterday at Weight City, the games where dreams come true.   Great times as always with the crew. Tested out all this flexibility/condish work I have been doing....no doubt, the plan is moving in the right direction. Haven't thrown since June 30.

Big throws during the game, dr. Fay with huge tosses...He has come back from Scotland a new man. Collins, consistently doing what he does and had a huge breakout in the stone, as did Jason Thomas. Great sharing the field with old man Willsy again ...as always sharing his wisdom to those of us who are slightly taller and better looking.

BS: 27 lbs, 28-10ish
HWFD: 27-10 ...2nd best throw ever
LWFD: series went 57+, f (65), f (62 toe on line beside toe board). Never have thrown 62-65 ft, best ever is 61-1, in 08 when I was 227, and much stronger....feeling really good about this series, even though they were fouls and the 65 was a huge foul...but I have confidence in many ways with the lw
hammers: 70/97? The 97 is my second best throw ever.
Caber: 12:00 maybe the lightest stick ever thrown.
Wob: 11... Wills said I had the height for 12' 6 on my last pull at 12... Peaked behind, but I lrearned something from him on the last pull which will pay off down the road.

So in all, increased shoulder flexibility=better throws....now to keep it going and stay the course.
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/12 at 8:59pm
Good day of throwing.  Glad to see the work paying off.

Ah weight city.  Wish I could have been there.  maybe next year.
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/14/12 at 6:19pm
Don't worry Dickens, you weren't missed.

Today lift:

Deads 5x255, 5x 295, 7x 335... Probably had @ least 2 more in me, but lack of oxygen prevented that frm happening.

WOD: this was awful....using 95 lbs...
20 thrusters
20 sdhp
20 push press
20 ohs ( used PVC)
20 front squat
*4 burpees at every minute regardless of where I was in WOD....20:52 sec.
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/12 at 6:49pm
Today's lift...

Clean complex:
Tall clean
Hang clean
CJ
7x1x worked up to 195. Didnt jerk 195 but did cleans..still need to work the flexibility on OH lifts... again caught all legit. 30 lbsmore that last clean work sets:)

WOD
CJ 135x5
Inverted ring rows x 10
Aby at x 15
row 250m sprint
4 sets @ 10:27

― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/16/12 at 12:05pm
Today lift:
Bench 195x5, 225x5, 255x9

WOD:
Push press x 95
HRPU
KB swg x24
Suitcase carry with KB x 200 yd
30-20-10

― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/20/12 at 6:21pm
Todays lift:

Bench: 225x3, 255x3, 290x3 was hoping for 5, just not today

WOD:
200 erg sprint
10 sdhp x115
10 hrpu
10 alt. kb shoulder press x16 kg
10 assisted chin
4 rounds, no idea on time.

Little extra work:
Stone load 60" x 140# x6x2
Farmers Walk 2x80ftx 175# each
ah,yeah, not so good at this type of thing.
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/12 at 8:24pm
Today's lift:

Aita Squats: 295x3, 335x3, 385x3. Last set it was difficult to stop the bar from rotating off my back.

WOD:
Jump rope x60
Front squat-135x10
GHR abs x10
5 rounds: not sure time
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/12 at 6:22pm
The lift...

Strict Press: 105x3, 125x3, 140x3

WOD:
Push press 95x10
Chins (assisted) x 10
Core twists w/ med ball x 20

5 rounds: 10 min

Extra: some bi's & tri's

Closing in on the end of my condish phase. So far almost 3" off my gut, drastic increase in flexibility, and def stronger overall in last 8 weeks. Testing soon to get some data!
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/12 at 6:22pm
Today...

Deadlift: 295x3, 335x3, 380x3... Back tight

Wod:
135x5x5-power clean, pendlay rows, rdl, snatch grip power shrug

Extra work:
More rdls, shrugs
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/12 at 6:28pm
Nice training Bj...still owe you for your caber comments...
Philippians 4:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic