FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Why I hate the fair ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AncientOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why I hate the fair ...
    Posted: 8/18/05 at 2:17am

Hey-

Man, I really hate the daily traffic caused by about seven hundred thousand rednecks ... in their stupid pickup trucks with their skank girlfriends... bunch of pencil-neck knobs. 

And the prices for food here on the fairgrounds is outrageous... I'm tired of paying $4 for everything. The only bargain I can find is the $2 cheeseburgers in the JimmyBuffet Tent... plus the beer is costing me plenty.

And every state trooper in the state must be here for security. Some short, dumpy cop told me to put my shirt back on in the beer tent last night. Come'on... its a beer tent! Now we're all safer. 

Plus, I had to give the ol'lady all my cash from my winnings at the racetrack to pay for books for my kid's college. Buy em books, buy em books, buy em books, ... and all they do is eat the covers.

And now my boss wants me to get some work done... 

I got a sun burn, a headache, my feet hurt ... man, I hate the fair.

-I'm over it

Winners are remarkably adept at figuring out what's required to win.
Trainerterry View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trainerterry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 2:51am
How did the grilled cheese eating contest go?  I am sure you beat that lil Kobyashi character from the hot dog contest....he may win in New York but not in our backyard!
"A man has to know his limitations" - Detective Harold Callahan
AncientOne View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AncientOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 3:10am

TT-

Sorry I didn't keep all the details, but one of the Pros won with 18 GrilledCheese sandwiches in 10min.

StrongMan of the Glen is Saturday afternoon... you in?

-KR

Trainerterry View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trainerterry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 4:14am

football two-adays at AU....

work work work work work....hello boys be with you later....work work work work work

"A man has to know his limitations" - Detective Harold Callahan
Tim Pinkerton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Pinkerton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 6:26am

KR-

I want to know what they do with the butter cow after it's all over...

-MIA

"Big ain't Strong...Strong is Strong."
Visit our training page at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Get-U-Fit-Training-Systems/ 119414814828174
AncientOne View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AncientOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 8:33am

MissingTim-

http://www.illinois.gov/tech/town03/webcams_buttercow.cfm

We're gonna have a cookout. Pass the sweetcorn...

-CornFed

Sarah Moore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 11:28am

Kids & I went through the dairy barn yesterday...seems we have a butter menagerie this year.

cow, boy, cat, dog, & butter butterfly.

Weird.

Sarah

BillB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 11:35am
I say we have John whip up a giant pile of flapjacks before the Games on Saturday.Then we storm the butter cow and sacrifice it to cover our breakfast.
Vae Victus
kansaswolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansaswolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 3:59pm
I so wish I could be there for that...
Hey, I'm a Burchett too!
Sarah Moore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/05 at 4:50pm

I hate being on the midway w/ the kids riding rides & having the skies open up & pour while we walk alllllll the way across the fair grounds to get our stuff from the trailer in the glen & then walk alllllllll the way back to get to our car parked in the infield.   Wouldn't have been quite so bad if I didn't have a whining crying 7 yr old in tow.  Ugh.

Sarah

Hope it's dry Saturday.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic