Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Article: Get right. supplements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Article: Get right. supplements
    Posted: 12/13/11 at 2:09am
http://thedriftalifta.blogspot.com/2011/08/article-get-right.html

August 15, 2011

Article: GET RIGHT!!!

The Most Important Supplement You Are NOT Taking
By Matt Vincent

I know everyone is looking for that magical supplement, and friends I have it for you.  I travel a lot for work and competition, and being on the road 10+ days a month leads to a different set of problems for all aspects of training and life.  However while I’m on the road I travel with normal mix of supplements like protein, BCAA, fish oil, pre workout, and others.  However, without a doubt the most important thing is fiber.  If you are not taking a fiber supplement every day, you hate yourself and happiness. 

Other than my training the most important moment of my day is within the 1st hour of waking when it is time to go and take the Browns to the super bowl.  Nothing is more motivating for a great day, great life, or great training session than dropping a turbo fiber deuce.  That feeling of being cleaned out and ready to refill with all of the “right” food items is great to start the day.  By “right” food items I mean mostly a diet of burritos and other meats wrapped in tortillas, but that’s just me.
                Ask any real lifter and they will agree on the importance of max effort work in the can.  If you are already taking fiber, then good for you, keep being awesome.  If not, you are missing out on a life changing experience.  I don’t care if you only eat salad…well that’s not true I do care and you should stop.  No one got awesome eating just salad, well maybe taco salads, but that’s as close as it gets but I digress.  Anyway, fiber supplements are easy to pick up and much cheaper than anything else you are taking.  For about $10 a month you too can be, and feel, amazing.  If you are taking a fiber supplement that is anything but powder that goes into your drink, you’re doing it wrong. 

Taking Fiber is also incredibly easy.  Take it right before bed and when you wake up the work is done, like magic!  I personally mix it together with my bed time shake.  My shaker cup is filled with 1 scoop of Somatomax (sleep GH release),2 big scoops or a decent pour of Orange flavored coarse Metamucil, 90 grams of chocolate protein, and 1 scoop of BioTest L-leucine  (makes everything more anabolic).  It’s pure function and tastes horrible, but I just power through it thinking of championship quality dumps and call it a night, mentally preparing myself for colon-cleansing awesomeness in the morning.  So in closing fiber is the #1 for my #2’s.  Give it a shot and be unstoppable in everything , or don’t, and continue being average.

USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

Training LAB ebook "Strength Training for The Highland Games
JB Cochran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Cochran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/11 at 8:07am
This is one of the better articles on fiber I've read (not that I've read that many). Usually when I think of dropping the kids off at the pool and staying regular it evokes images of me choking down pounds of prunes every day. Thanks for a different spin on the dump.
Virtute et labore.
MAT$O View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/11 at 8:12am
No worries man.  Having a number two you can count on make the whole world a better place.
USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

Training LAB ebook "Strength Training for The Highland Games
MrPeanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/22/14 at 1:44pm
I'd have to start wearing a diaper under my kilt :)
Even a broken old man can learn to throw a hammer. I ain't dead yet!
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/14 at 10:40am
I couldn't agree more with this article. I recommend this to my patients all the time.
mbruneaux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbruneaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 12:10pm
Thank you for resurrecting this article, I had missed it.  As a parallel anyone who hot rods cars knows that a free flowing exhaust is usually the first place to start......Thumbs Up
Melnick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melnick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/15 at 9:20am
I have to agree on the fibre. I haven't gone down the Metamucil road yet, but find myself eating two to three servings of oats with egg whites at bedtime to get my macros in, that is landing me with around 12g of fibre before bed. That seems around the same.

May switch to the powder for convenience.

Although egg whites, orange flavoured Metamucil mixed with water wont be the worst thing I have ever drank, it may still serve as a challenge!
Adam

If it was easy everyone would do be doing it
Mr.Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/19/16 at 1:16pm
Is there any data on fiber timing?  I understand taking it in the morning...but I work where I don't get a "poop" break (longer than a few shakes at the urinal) for almost 8 hours.  Adding extra fiber isn't going to make me have explosive all day crap storms or anything, is it?  Based on your guys' experience of course...because every body processes things in different ways.
"I'll figure out EXACTLY who stole my power and why. Maybe even get it back." -Superman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic