Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Myles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 52535455>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/17 at 6:50pm
Had good shoulder session last night, did the presses where I do one arm rep at a time alternating shoulder press, but I keep the off arm locked at the top.  I will press both up and then bring one down and do the rep back up while holding the off arm up there locked, then do the other.  Makes it harder to me.  40, 50, 60, 70 x 5, 80 x 4 this was better for me.  My stomach is hurting like crap the whole time but what ever.  Then some volume with both shoulders together pressing 50's for 5 x 10, then some side laterals for couple high rep 20 sets and some push down for 3 x 20 and done. 

Stomach progressed into heavy pain.  Now have been to doc and ruled infection out, appears we have a kidney stone as I have about every symptom.  How your kidney makes you sweat like crazy at night and your balls hurt I don't know, but it is wrong.  CT scan tomorrow and see.  Pissing blood, so colorful at usual.  Beer.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/17 at 10:16am
So by last Friday I had been peeing blood and hurting pretty decent.  Woke up and looked to see what color I was pissing today, as I started to piss a rock flew out my dick.  Yep, never before and it took a minute to register.  Little black thing like a 22 bullet.  Felt my side and pretty much all better.  Just took a good piss to fix a health problem.  I sure wish my other shit was like this. 

So since I passed the stone, it seemed a sign, so I pulled deads.  Had a decent for the times day and went 405 x 4 and then got in the rack and pulled 500 x 5 knees up no straps.  Just trying to get work in.  Pull downs and curls.  Heavy and volume curls.  Up to the 80's for 4. 

Throwing Saturday thought I would go further and I did not.  I guess 24 hours is not enough recovery?  Pissed.  Threw stone, lot of stone, heavy weight, light weight and hammer and sheaf.

Chest monday, was able to incline again.  worked up to 225 x 4 and then 135 x 5 x 10.  Dips 5 x 10 and some tri action.  Out
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/17 at 11:07am
Omg you make me laugh Myles,pass a stone must mean it's deads time. LOL. Love it
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/17 at 12:23pm
Was supposed to do some leg action yesterday and I drove forever for work, but was not ready.  Today will blast it.  One of my guys Pete is in the East Coast this weekend.  At one time that was the bomb of a game, the best dudes getting it on.  Really met and threw with some greats there. 

Right Dan?
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/17 at 2:32pm
yes,remember when ECC was the big games to get in...was real flattered when I finally won a A games and qualified...was even more pumped when I took the field with a bunch of HG studs(yourself included)..remember me and Mike Diebert slugging it out for last place(think we tied??) and just saying that we were their for scraps...LOL....throwing in 2 days at Alatmont Games with Scott Depanfilis(great guy) but also Mr Red Rage Dan Dillon himself(he called me last nite)..will get a shot of me and him with the #64strong Big G sticker that we are going to put on the masters caber so he can share the field of dreams again
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/17 at 2:38pm
yes just checked the datatbase...July 2002...you took 4th..me and Mike Diebert tied for 10th...good times
JUST BRING IT /

Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/17 at 12:36pm
Check the next year, I liked that one even better.   Craig would have won 2002 if he only fouled out of one event.  Dude had to no point twice to knock him out of the win.

Got some Hatfield squats last night, worked to a 465 x 3, then some regular squats for 145 x 5 x 10, then some extensions, 30, 25, 25, plenty of reps.  Felt decent.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/05/17 at 1:07pm
So Thursday hit a 465 x 3 Hatfield and then 145 x 5 x 10 regular squats and 3 sets of bunches for 80 reps extensions. 

Shoulders Friday and just pressed a lot.  Dumbells, 40, 50, 60, 70 x 5, 80 x 4, 50, 55, 60, 55, 50 x 10, side laterals for 2 sets of a lot of reps.

Threw Saturday and was fun.  Did not throw a lot of volume and three events is all. 

Monday was pull day, only went 315 for couple sets of 5 as it was short recovery.  Did some pull downs and curls also. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/06/17 at 9:41am
You probably already know this, but just in case you didn't -- the September issue of MILO has an article by our Mr. Durso in it.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/17 at 9:29am
I am aware as we speak often, in fact later this morning.  I know Randal is always wanting more of Kent's articles.  He is the most interesting man and certainly has the greatest hair.  Miss you Tom.

I am out of my anti inflam and went to train last night and could not incline with a bar or dumbells so I did some dips.  I think it was 9 sets of 10 reps, and then some close grip machine I could do for a few sets.  Some push downs was happeneing for sets of 20 and a few sets and then some cable crap to complete the effort in futility.  Picked up my meds. 

Congrats to Brian R, two years cancer free.  Huge
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/08/17 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

He is the most interesting man and certainly has the greatest hair. 

Truth.

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/17 at 9:50am
So Friday was squat night and I was pretty crispy as far as over done.  But greedy as always I took my last triple up and went to 475 x 3, came up the third rep so far in the video you think I have it, nope.  Then upped my 50 reps regular squat to 155.  Then a bunch of extensions. 

Threw Saturday, but not so much.  Backed way off and did some stone, light weight and light hammer and done. 

Monday some shoulders, pressing but not as much, backed off.  Worked up to 65's and stopped there and then did 3 x 10 with the 50s and stopped.  Rested most of the week after.  Going to drive up to eminence and do a game with KO.  Have some laughs and see friends.  One of the guys I started Joey will be there and will enjoy seeing him as well as the Ballard clan. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/27/17 at 6:32pm
Went to Kentucky and threw, was horrible and had a nice time with KO and Mel.  Doug Ballard is the man and was on fire with some PRs as was Alex.  Last time we see those folks for a long time. 

Back training, hit some legs Monday.  Got a 485 single on hatfield and missed the second rep.  Then did 5 x 10 with 155 regular squat for some volume.  About 75 extensions in 3 sets and out. 

My legs are trashed.  I did Shoulders tonight, Wednesday.  Worked up to the 80's x 4 and then some super set action.  Side laterals with presses.  Burned them.  Short and sweet and out. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/17 at 1:38pm
Friday pulled, made a modest 30 pound jump, needed baby powder, stuck the bar to my legs hard, was able to pull the first off there and the second rep lost it out front and then pulled it in and stuck it to legs, so done. 
Bent over rows, worked no straps a few sets to 205, then pull downs, 4 sets up to the stack, then one arm rows 100 x 10 and 110 x 10 and standing bar curls 5 x 10, standing dumbells up to 60's and some concentration curls a few sets

Next morning threw a while, 3 hrs with John and Amanda Mica as they came over from MS and Pete and Keith were there.  Nice group.   I still suck, weak.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/17 at 6:50pm
Did some pressing last night, tried to do some dumbell incline, worked 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and the hundreds just hurt my arm so much I had to stop.  Feels like the two bones are pulling apart as I press.  Tried some flat dumbells but they bothered it so why bother.  Went to dips, 5 x 10 and then some cable cross over super set with machine close grip for three rounds and then some hammer incline for a couple sets of 15 and some push downs and out.  Got a decent pump. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/17 at 9:33am
Tuesday stretched and did about 20 sets of calves.  Same as it ever was.

Last night was squat night and I was really not into it.  Might be overdone, but I think it is more just my head.  Having issues and letting it get the best of me at times.  People suck.  So I squatted, hatfiled and worked up and did an easy 425 warm up and then went 475 and was way out of groove and bombed big as shit.  I stopped there and then did 135 regular squats for 5 x 10 and did 15 reps the last set.  Then did 3 sets of 20 for extensions.  I was just cashed to the point getting to the truck was tough.  My legs just won't recover and I went at a decent pace and it did them in.  Of course the heart circulation thing might be an issue, but I can't do anything about that so hopefully they get stronger and larger.   I just am not sure what more I can do training wise. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/17 at 6:58pm
Friday I did some shoulders and was suck.  I pressed some, super setted sides with presses.  Just flat

Threw saturday and was slow and weak.  Just crap bag of everything. 

Monday did 7 x 2 snatch and done.  Got a little faster as it went on.  My legs are worse and numb.  I am weak and slow.  Have to find a change someplace.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/17 at 6:45pm
Tuesday a zillion reps calves, stretching and balance action. 

Wednesday went out and threw the hammer a while.  Just threw hammer and thought about shit and went home. 

Thursday same as tuesday.  Just later in the week.  Rib roast and stuffed taters. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/17 at 9:11am
By Friday I had a cold, felt like crap and no way was I pulling.  Almost did anyway.  But instead did some back training, just a set of each thing to failure, 4 lat movements and 3 bicep and out.  Low volume, got me super pumped and had some energy leaving.  Felt pretty decent.

Saturday tossed alone.  My crew is hurt and it was Homecoming, so the town was swole with people, crazy folks.  Anyway got some hammer in off the concrete and it felt decent also.  That is all.

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:27pm
Pulled tonight, went to 445 x 2, had some baby powder and it was the best since I tore the lat early in the year.  Very pleased.  Went out and tossed medicine ball for height 8 singles.  Done.  Mojo rising.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/17 at 5:58am
Great job Myles. I stick to block pulls just below the tibial process these days, from the floor every 4th week.  pulled 395x2 yesterday, 50lbs off Mule status :-)
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/17 at 7:04pm
Got some pressing in last night.  Have had an arm issue for a while, the rest helped.  I also changed my grip and went back to a bar for incline, made my grip perpendicular to the bar and stay there through the movement, this seemed to help.  Anyway, worked up to 225 for 4, was heavy and awkward.  Went to 185 and did some pause reps. 

Flat dumbells 80's to failure twice, low teens and then partials
Hammer incline, about 10 reps and partials to failure
Cable crossovers 2 sets of a bunch and partials
Close grip machine press 2 sets of all I can do
Puss downs a whole bunch and all of them.  Drove home slow and felt nice, had good swole and cold not so bad on me.  BTB
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/17 at 11:29am
Thursday felt decent and did a ton of calves and stretched out.  Already sore from chest. 

Friday leg day.  That is my toughest week after pulling early in the week, I am such a back squatter, that it is a second lower back day.  I drove a real long ways thursday and stretched out real good, long ways I would say about 5 and half hours.  Was great.  Now Friday morning putting on my britches for the day I get a lower back spasm, cramp?  Pain?  I brush it off, but am not comfortable and go on another longer drive to Tallassee, no fast way to get there, so over 6 hrs windshield time and then squat day.  Magnificent.  And I go in and ignore the back as I do most injuries.  Work up to a 425 single on the hatfield and then a 455 double and nice and smooth.  Head up and really solid good.  Then go to regular squats.  Have been doing the five sets of ten and that is brutal.  Today just did one set, took 135 and just started and figured I would do what I could and still get back in the rack.  Started with groups of 5 and then after rep 15 just started singling, my ejection fraction is not the best for this.  But got to 22 reps and then laid on the floor and thought my aorta was going to jump out of my throat and acknowledged to myself that might not have been the best idea.  But my rig has to be good for another week after that maniac set.  Into the extension machine for two sets to total failure with not much rest between and I am toast.  I slowly get to the truck and make it home. 

Throwing saturday, surprise, I don't have much leg explosion, my lower back refuses to bend and my chest is still sore as crap.  I was slow but weak, not the best combo for throwing.  A true bag of crap, but I am getting stronger, so onto the future.  Durso had a pet scan and all cancer is gone.  Victory.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/17 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

Durso had a pet scan and all cancer is gone.  Victory.

Man, that is good news!

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/17 at 12:20pm
We got the news on the one year anniversary of my mother in laws death from cancer.  So it lifted our house a lot.  Incredible news
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/17 at 4:56pm
Love hearing Durso is C Free.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/17 at 5:11pm
Got some shoulders last night.  Started with some pressing with dumbells, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 x 5, the 80's were difficult and I don't think I had 6 in me.  Went down to 70's and did a few more, like 8.

Machine press for two sets of around 10ish and did to failure here even some partial action.  Then two sets of high rep side laterals and done.  Had very nice swole, short enough to recover hopefully with my ancient ass.  I am supposed to pull Wednesday and I am dwelling on the poundage. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/17 at 4:38pm
Sometimes what happens in the gym is not as we have planned and is a bummer.  To me, the fact that you keep going back never quitting and trying for more should be celebrated.

Edited by AlDargie - 11/06/17 at 6:08pm
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/17 at 1:55pm
So last week in the gym was good.  Hit a 475 hatfield for 2 and wens hit the 80s overhead for 6 and then knew I was not recovered on Friday pulling, could really tell the last warmup.  Should have stopped but instead went to 455 and pulled it.  Changed my volume for intensity doing just a set or two.  Seems to have helped me some.  I feel a little larger.  Throwing Saturday I was crap.  Just horrible.  I have been throwing the hammer of the sidewalk during the week and measured it, it is crap just like me.  I am slower than ever and no explosion and I get that as I am trying to mash it in the gym.  I think long term I need to get stronger and that is working now. 

Last night hit some chest and tri.  The arm hurt me, left forearm.  Incline up to 225 for five and then did a set of pause reps w 185 for I think 6 and then bounced a 7th rep.  Did the one set or two max on hammer incline, dips, cross overs, machine close grip, push downs one and two hand. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/17 at 8:38am
So wednesday I am blah and it is squat day.  I work up to an easy 485 single hatfield.  Now if I had struggled I would be happy with that.  But it was so easy I felt I did not dig enough.  Did one set of regular squats, did 185 x 18, was all I could do and feel I could get back in the rack.  Had tremendous belt bite the whole set, but better than last week.  Then new belt squat and tried two sets to failure on it.  Was awkward pulling me forward.  Then a set of extensions to failure.  And done. 

I am so wanting gains I am pressuring myself to the point of anxiety going to the gym and not enjoying it.  I am making progress thank god, but this is crappy.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 52535455>
  Share Topic