FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Daryl Burchett (update: RIP to our friend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWC III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daryl Burchett (update: RIP to our friend
    Posted: 5/12/11 at 2:11pm
As many of you know, Daryl Burchett is battling Cancer
and it appears will not be long of this world.  But I'm
not worried about him in the least as I know where he
stands with God and his pain will soon be gone and his
body renewed with his savior Jesus Christ.  He will leave
behind his wife, Kelly and his 8 kids, 3 of which have
many friends on this board as well (Nathan, Isaac, and
Emily).  I've been asked to say a few words when the time
comes representing the Highland Games family.  Those who
know Daryl, his kids, send me your wishes or post them on
here and when that time comes I will copy it all off and
give it to the family in a nice folder or card.  If you
want to do this privately, you can PM me or you can email
me at
tvanvleck@atsu.edu
Thanks, Thom Van Vleck
Thom Van Vleck
Ryan Vierra View Drop Down
World Champ - ’96, ’97, ’98, ’05, ’06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Vierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/12/11 at 2:58pm
My condolences to his family during this sad and difficult time.  My prayers are with you. God bless you all.

Highland Games Training Visit: www.IHGFTV.com
My email: ryanvierra@worldheavyevents.com
Throwgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Throwgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/12/11 at 3:29pm
Thom I'll send you a PM.  So sad to hear the news.  I would gladly trade places with Daryl.  He is needed here.  Beth
You can overcome adversity!
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/12/11 at 4:15pm

Very sad to hear this news.  Daryl is an amazing man who has a genuine love for people and a profound love for Jesus.  I'll continue to pray for Daryl and his family.  Thom, if you need anything as you prepare things, don't hesitate to contact me.

Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 12:14am
I realize the man is going to be with our lord, but my selfish side is heart broken. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
KCSTRONGMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCSTRONGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 12:20am

So sorry to hear this.  Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with the Burchetts, a great family.

ET

WWW.KCSTRONGMAN.COM
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 12:29am
Very sad news, prayers go out to to the family.
Sean Betz View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

World Champ - ’08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Betz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 12:39am

Yes, very sad news.  God be with the Burchett family.  He is as good of a guy that I've met in the games.  Raised a wonderful family.

Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 4:55am
Prayers and wishes for wisdom and strength to all of you.  This is hard.
thegnome View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 5:54am
Prayers for him and his family. 
Andrew G

Vada a bordo CAZZO!!!!
KiltBill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiltBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 6:30am
Burchett Family, may God bless you and comfort you, may His peace be upon you in Jesus name Amen.
Remember Kay Cummings, Father of the Highland Games in the Southeast and my friend. Lets Go Run With The Big Dogs!
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 6:43am

I first met Daryl as he set the caber for us women during the Kirksville Games last October.  I've also had the privilige to compete alongside or at the same events as his wonderful family, including Emily, Jennifer (Suchman), Nathan, Isaac, and probably others whose names I've missed.  All of us in this world will miss you, but we wish you peace and the reward that awaits you in God's care.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you, Daryl, and your whole family!

Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
jlmreddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlmreddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 6:56am
Darryl has done it all right; Man of God, family man and a friend to anyone who wanted one.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Darryl and his family. 
John McClure

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Abraham Lincoln

CaberKing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaberKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/11 at 12:00pm
Another saint will be receiving his reward: "Well done good and faithful servant...enter in to the joy of the Lord." Prayers for his family assured.
Honorary Chaplain of the "Brotherhood of Michigan Throwers."
DarrylCampbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylCampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/14/11 at 7:47am
I am very sad to hear this. I enjoyed throwing with Daryl at QC last year. I will continue to offer Novenas for him and his family.
Darryl Campbell
houseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/14/11 at 10:10am

My prayers for Daryl & all of the Burchett family. He is a very special man.  He is well loved.  I'm saddened to hear this news.  I'm honored to have met him on several occasions through our Highland games family.

Denise Houseman

Kilted Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilted Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/11 at 11:32am
My heart is sad it is always the most faithful & wonderful people we seem to lose too soon. My prayers and love go out to Emily, Jennifer, Isaac, Nathan.. all the Burchett kids and their loving mother and all their extended family and friends.. The Burchett's are the nicest people you will ever want to meet. All my hugs & love to you all during this very sad time   xoxox Karyn Dallimore BC Canada 
"Don't step on my happy"
nbafo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nbafo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/11 at 11:32am

So sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with Daryl and the whole Burchett family.
Nancy Baker Fowler

Kilted Mongo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilted Mongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/11 at 1:39pm
Myles just posted awhile ago on Facebook that Daryl Burchett had passed today.
You had the Height....
Throwgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Throwgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/11 at 3:16pm
My deepest condolences to Daryl's family.  The best ones seem to be taken too soon.  You all are in my prayers and heart.  Beth
You can overcome adversity!
The Jayster View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/11 at 3:20pm
so sorry to hear this news
please keep robbin, the Conway Family and Frank Henry
LarryBrock View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - ’10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/11 at 3:57pm
So sad to hear the terrible news. Thoughts and prayers go out to the
family
"No man Is entirely worthless, he can always serve as a bad example" Brian Oldfield
Limey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/11 at 5:20pm
This is Jennifer (my account doesn't seem to be working for some reason), and I just wanted to get on here and thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and messages during this very difficult time.  Thank you for being a wonderful group of people to be with and get to know!  I know Dad appreciated all his Highland Games friends and cherished every minute of his time out throwing!  He is missed terribly already, but we are glad to know that he is no longer in pain, and is enjoying the presence of our Lord!
Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so, if he hollers let him go, and Bingo was his name-o.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/11 at 10:09pm
Very sorry to hear, condolences to the family.
B Rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/11 at 1:03am

My Dad always said that everyone had a row to hoe before God would bring him home.  Daryl finished his roe and is now with his Lord.  We will join him again some day when our roe is finished. I last visited with Daryl at Kirksville last fall and he was his usual cheerful self.  I will keep that memory of him in my mind and remember all the Burchetts in my prayers.

Bill Rogers

I'm just a pilgrim passing through
Jeff Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/11 at 3:56am
I only met Daryl once a few years back.  But, his legacy lives through the outstanding family that he raised.

Praying for God's peace and comfort for the Burchetts and all of those who were touched by Darryl.

Jeff Bryan
cabertosser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabertosser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/11 at 4:58am
I am so sorry to hear this sad news.At least his pain and suffering are over.I will miss him.It was an honor to compete with you big guy. Your legacy and memory of you will live on with your wonderful family and highland games friends.
You f**ked up - you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it!
Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/11 at 5:45am
I don't know Daryl, but obviously many of you do, and the Burchett family is what throwing is all about.  I"m sorry for your loss and I wish you wisdom and wonderful memories of the father and husband that you love.
WALLY.OLECIK View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/11 at 2:41pm
l too never had the pleasure of meeting Daryl but am saddened to hear of his passing.
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no 'try!'" Yoda
jeffloosle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffloosle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/17/11 at 1:12am

Sure there are many families that qualify, but in 2005 I had the opportunity of meeting two of Scottish Games' most wonderful families, both at the Mesa Games.  The Burchetts and the Hobsons.  Both families just the ideal of what "family" means!!

Daryl was immediately your friend!  He has that quality that draws people to him.

I have always said it and I'll say it again, "Spend a day throwing Scottish Events with someone and they're your friend for life!"

That day Daryl led the athletes in a prayer circle and you could sense his love for his family, the games, the athletes, and his Heavenly Father.

To a life measured by how he lived and who he touched!!  God bless you Daryl and Family!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic