Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Thoughts and Prayers Needed For Ryan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -RP- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 11:04am
Get well brother! All the folks in Phoenix and Tucson have you and your family in their thoughts and prayers!

-RP-

Clan Brown

"It's not bragging if you can do it."
CraigGallo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigGallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 11:14am

get well ryan and get out and throw bombs!!!!

Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 11:21am
Praying for you and your family, Ryan. 
Savage Pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage Pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 11:50am

Ryan, I'm praying for you to get well soon, and I'm praying for Chris and family for strength and peace.  Be comforted, you are not alone.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Ed

SDG
Edwin H. Schulze
Ryan Vierra View Drop Down
World Champ - ’96, ’97, ’98, ’05, ’06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Vierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 2:20pm

chris here ..

ryan  is home and he is actually going to post but he wanted to stop and watch Brookes football practice, since he has missed nearly all of it them so far... The Hospitalist wanted to kick Ryan out this am. I suggested a MRI with and without contrast, and a neurology consult to follow up on the loss of balance and episodes of weakenss and slurred speech. However, Ryan even lossing 35+ pounds  could not fit in the cylinder style MRI  so after waiting all day at 5 pm the neurologist had still not shown, I called and suggested we f/u with our Doctor in am for MRI on outpt basis that is an open MRI machine,  and schedule an appointment with neurologist.. I would not have done this except today ryans words were more clear and his balance and coordinaion we very strong plus he wanted to home with his girls... thanks to all..

Highland Games Training Visit: www.IHGFTV.com
My email: ryanvierra@worldheavyevents.com
Mountain Man View Drop Down
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 2:41pm
Great news but still praying for a complete good bill of health.

Thanks for the update Chris and rest and heal Ryan. There are a lot of
people out here that look up to you and love you brother. Hell, I have
a photo of you on my wall of heroes at my desk at work. Get better.

MM
Robin Walker

"The danger in life is not to set a goal too high and never reach it, but to set a goal too low and reach it."
GSP quoting Michaelangelo
Crush View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 2:41pm

Thank you for the continued updates Chris!  This is good news and sounds like Ryan .  We praise the Lord for this encouragement and we continue to pray for answers regarding the rest of the issues.  God has truly given Ryan unique giftings and will use this time to bless in the future.

Roams 8:18 & 28

...Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man...

Eccl. 12:13
Chief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 3:18pm

Have been reflecting on the past 20+ years, getting to know Ryan and family.  Prayers for my all of my cherished good friends.  Hoping to see you all this weekend.  We have tremendous strength in our Highland Games family.

Chief

Throwgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Throwgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 4:40pm
Ryan, am so glad you are now at home.  It looks like you married the right woman.  Christina you are awesome!  You sure know what to do for your husband.  Ryan, if you are smart, you'll listen to her and do what she tells you to do.  I'll still be praying for you both and your family.  In Christ, Beth Harper
You can overcome adversity!
CaberKing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaberKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 5:07pm
Amen and thank you Lord. Prayers continuing...
Honorary Chaplain of the "Brotherhood of Michigan Throwers."
greynolds177 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/10 at 5:12pm
Thanks for the news from Inverness. We will keep praying until Ryan is back over here with a towel on his head sheltering from the rain and waiting to throw before a crowd that loves and appreciates him.
A.D.Inverness 1999-present; MWC2006, World Championships 2007, MWC2009 and MWC2014. Organiser of Guinness World Record for Caber Tossing. Scottish Masters International Hall of Fame Inductee 2014.
Joel Sim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Sim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 1:05am
Get well soon.
Rob Schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 1:43am
Ryan, Very happy to see that you are better. That's funny about not being able to fit in the cylinder style MRI. I had one done in Dunedin, Florida last year and was worried about not fitting, they have a new bigger one. I had lots of room.
Captain Rob Schultz
Charter Boat Adventures

http://www.makoadventures.com
dl_buffy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dl_buffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 1:46am
Glad to hear things are getting better.  Good luck getting it all worked out and determine what the issue is.  Take care.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Vierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 1:55am

chris  getting kids off to school and myself back to work. I think Ryan slept 11+hours ... The great thing is he is home and this may be one of those "close encounters" so he is truley focused on getting better, He is now down to 288, pre op he was 325 that was 4 weeks ago..

He looks great, just needs to build endurance and pace himself. I think for once he may listen... Thanks agaiain for all the well wishes...

oh and the MRI person told ryan he could give him a "pill" to make him fit in it.. NOT going happen... somethings just even sound wrong....

S McCracken View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 2:17am
good to hear he is getting better.
North American Highlander Ohio Chair

www.nahighlander.com

Borges View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
The Conrad Dobler of the Highland Games

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 2:26am
288? Somebody get that man a bucket of extra crispy. Heal up fast
old friend.

Cheers,
Carlos

P.S. I wonder what Mike Smith is weighing these days?
Pingleton View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Highland Games' virtually straight legs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 2:57am
Best wishes Ryan. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

- George Bernard Shaw

Throwgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Throwgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 3:24am

Ryan and Chris, thanks so much for the updates.  Ryan I'm so glad you slept well and are doing better.   Your symptoms reminded me of what my friend Curt went through this spring.  I just talked to him about it and he reviewed with me what happened.  After seeing a number of doctors he was diagnosed with a virus.  Over the course of about a month he had incidents of being very tired, very dizzy, especially in the morning, with everything slowing down, incuding his speech, which was somewhat blurred.  After two weeks of this (he finally told me), we went to the emergency room, where the doctor could not find out what was wrong.  A few weeks later Curt was riding with a friend and had a bad incidence in the car (never gets car sick) where he had extreme vertigo and slurred speech. Things he saw would lurch or float.  He also threw up.  The emt had to lift him out of the car as he could not stand.  That doctor diagnosed the virus and said it was going around.  The doctor wanted Curt to rest for 3 days, and not to drive for awhile.  If your doctors can't find the cause of your symptoms, you might ask them about a virus.  If it is the virus, you want to be careful for a month or more, as it may return. 

Back in 06/08 when I had the pericarditis really bad, severe viral bronchitis went along with it.  Thought I was going to have to retire early and go on disability, it was so bad.  The doctors couldn't find anything that would help the severe cough.  Well I went online and found www.colloidsforlife.com where I talked to the owner, Collin Eidsness, for an hour, then ordered some Mesosilver and a nebulizer to be overnighted.  It started curing the viral bronchitis right away.  It was the only thing that worked.  Mesosilver is the highest grade true colloidal silver you can get, manufactured in a lab by a doctor.  It does not turn you blue.  It is manufactured to 0.65 nanoparticle.  I would take it orally and also nebulize it.  It kills virus and bacteria.  I still take a tablespoon every morning, which keeps me healthy.  No colds or flu this year.  Check out the web site and give Collin a call.  Tell him I sent you.  Still praying for you all, and wish you a speedy recovery Ryan.  Hope to see you next August in Spokane. 

In Christ, Beth Harper

You can overcome adversity!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Vierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 3:54am

This is Ryan,

I would like to express my deepest gratitude for all the well wishes and prayers here on nasga, emails, facebook, text and calls.  Trust me, it helped get me out of that hospital much faster and get me home to my family. I wish I can say thank you to all of you personally, but at this point that’s not possible…but know this, in my heart, I am truly thankful to each and every one of you for your encouragements.   

I tell my wife everyday she’s my angle and she truly is. I’ve been with my wife for over 24 years now, and when times get tough with family members, friends or just a pure stranger that she has never even met, she is there to help anyway possible to care for them, I truly love this woman to death.  This woman took on most of my weight (and that’s a lot) many times thru this ordeal to and from the car, hospitals many times without one complain.  She fought to make sure that I had every test done (It helps being a Nurse and knows everyone) I am blessed to have her in my life…thank you babe. 

I wish everyone a successful and healthy season…I will see you at a games again here soon.    

Thanks you all again.

Larry Satchwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Satchwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 3:58am

Chris,

Thanks for the updates- prayers still being lifted. 

Satch

brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 4:02am
Outstanding! Great to hear you are home and making progress Ryan. God Bless.
Coach Mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 4:41am

SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER...I feel like a total ass...I was chatting with an ex Moorpark Throwr on Facebook who is now competing for Coach Vierra..he said " Coach missed  practice"...I asked if he was O.K. and he said " I think he has an infection"

A normal person wouldn't react to that news but we arent talking about a NORMAL person as witnessed by all these posts.

Life is so precious and should NEVER be taken for granted  and behind EVERY great man is a GREAT woman as in this case !!!

God speed in recovery and I dont want too hear any excuses come this spring !!!

Have a GREAT Day !
Rob " Coach Mac " Mac Kay
jlmreddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlmreddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 4:55am
Glad to hear you are feeling better Ryan. Hope to see you this weekend @ Ptown and in October for Seaside, I'll ask Rochida to make the Portuguese Beans.
John McClure

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Abraham Lincoln

kiltedsyco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiltedsyco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 5:20am
This is truly amazing news, great to hear your back on your feet, and back home, you are truly blessed, as we are to know the Vierras. Look forward to see you and your lovely family this October at the Sea-Side games, we will have your room available.

Brandon.
Alan H View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Account banned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 5:32am
GREAT news.  You've been on my mind for days, Ryan....it's really good to see you typing again and hear that Chris is being your warrior in the hospital.  Heal up fast and I hope I see you soon....just like about a hundred other athletes out here, pulling for you.

But honestly.....couldn't you think of an easier way to lose some weight?
BRUTUS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRUTUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 10:27am
glad to hear your better again Ryan

Bruce
john gallagher View Drop Down
Top 10 in the USA - '02, ’03, ’06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john gallagher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 1:13pm
The O.P.P. is on the mend.  GREAT NEWS!  You had me worried for a while.  Remember in the movie the Incredibles when they couldn't shove Mr. Incredible in the tube?  That is how I picture you when they attempted to shove you in the MRI machine!
MSUM Throws Coach
4 NCAA National Champions
50 NCAA All-Americans
2001 & 2002 World Stone Put Champion

Wayne Hill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 1:48pm
Don't forget, John, Chris says they have a "pill" that'll get him in there!

I have to say I'm still worried:  I don't like unexplained stuff like this.
"We may be small, but we're slow." - MIT Rugby
The Jayster View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/01/10 at 1:49pm
awesome news! now i feel better! cant wait to share the pitchh with you again soon my friend! [ya got quite a woman there big guy, give her a hug from all of us!!!!!]
please keep robbin, the Conway Family and Frank Henry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic