FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Food tricks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food tricks
    Posted: 10/13/14 at 9:06pm
This thread may die an irrelevant death, but it seems like a good idea at the time.  We had a small food fight in Duncan's TLOG last week, and diet has been coming up in other training logs recently as well.

Cue MAT$O who then posted this (if you haven't already seen it):

And my 9" casserole dish version of nearly the same thing that I call Superfood Bricks ('cause it sounds a lot manlier than quiche) :

One whole onion caramelized in olive oil with some garlic added at the very end as well.

Add in chopped up yellow pepper and sun dried tomatoes.

Add in shredded baby spinach.

Add in 12 eggs lightly beaten and spiked with habanero sauce.

Top with a little shredded cheese to keep the moisture in.

Cook at 400° for 30 - 40 minutes depending on your oven. 

It's fairly cheap and makes about six four servings for me that I put in plastic and take for lunches all week.  Any vegetable / green /  meat can be substituted for what I have listed.  Broccoli and kale immediately come to mind.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 11:55pm
DO WANT.
The man in the arena.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:30am
I've posted mine, and talked with several people about mine, before. 

It's incredibly easy, not eating like a dickhead that is, and anyone can do it.  Prep and cook time is so minimal, even if you're not mass meal cooking.  I cook everything the morning of now, as opposed to the big cooks I used to do on the weekends.  I find it better for me to have that instead of reaching in the fridge for cold containers all week.    
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/14 at 8:17am
Absolutely agreed.  I got a lot of my 'athlete's diet' ideas from things I've seen from Tom Srokus, books by Michael Pollan, and the simple recommendations in The Contrarian Method.  They all basically say the same thing.

Start with quality whole food, minimally prepare it, stuff into face = be nourished. 

If anybody else has simple meals that work for their training, please post them.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic