Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

C. Fay Training Log

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/17 at 8:00pm
Saturday Double Sessions

AM Upper
Warmup: Upper body dragging, cuff complex, incline DB press 4x20, band pullaparts 4x20

BB Floor Press
barx20
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x3
315x1
345x1
355x1 stopped here to leave something in the tank for the PM

Pressing was supersetted w/1 arm pulldowns x10 and standing cable row 3x10

Finished w/2 rounds of superset of neck harness x20, 1 arm BB throw on landmine x10, double KB swing x20

PM Throws

Walking HH winds x10

18lb shot
Standing throw progression x12

Walk and pop x3

16lb stone walk and pop x5

12lb shot walk and pop x5

56lb weight
Entry drill x3
2 turn x3

49lb weight 2 turn x3

28lb weight 2 turn x10

WOB x5

Busy day today, my upper body strength has definitely taken a beating from the diet/weight loss. I am pretty much at the end of my strict keto diet and have gone down from 272 to 256 and lost 4" off of my gut. Good progress but I am rather depleted right now. The throwing was pretty good but coordination and consistency was taking a hit as the session went on. Next week I will be deloading and gradually be introducing a moderate amount of carbs back into the diet at night. All of this should allow me to supercompensate and come in for the upcoming 2 game stretch strong and feeling good.

CharlesFay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/17 at 6:02am
Monday Light Throws

HH 
Walking winds 3x10
10 wind drill x2
3 wind and release into ground x3

3 wind throws 
HH x3
LH x2
14lb hammer x2

Caber
Walk x1
Run x1
Turn x2

Easy stuff, felt pretty good on a whole. Tuesday will be a "walk through" of the other events.
JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/17 at 7:55am
Originally posted by CharlesFay CharlesFay wrote:

BB Speed Deadlifts against quaded minibands standing on 2" platform w/hook grip

This sounds oh so terrible.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/17 at 7:58am

end of my strict keto diet and have gone down from 272 to 256 and lost 4" off of my gut.

That's awesome progress Chaz. What was the timeline for your strictness?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/17 at 9:11am
Two months total, high fat and protein with green veggies. Normally one cheat meal a week. I normally do this once a year in order to gradually peel off the fat and some of the weight I needed for years as a lineman and then a powerlifter. I figure if I can gradually get leaner each year then it will allow me to perform pretty well and be more healthy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/17 at 7:47pm
Tuesday Walk Through

Walking HH winds x10

18lb stone standing progression x5
16lb standing throw w/revers x3
16lb walk and pop x3
12lb walk and pop x3

56lb Entry drill x3
49lb 2 turn throw x3
28lb 2 turn throw x3

16lb sheaf
Bottoms up x3
Full x5

Easy throws today. Ever since I was a powerlifter, I have always hated deload workouts. While they are necessary, I just hate taking it easy and lifting/throwing with no passion. I would rather stay home. Nonetheless I feel these "walk through" sessions are necessary for me to perform well so I do them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/17 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by JustinBlatnik JustinBlatnik wrote:

BB Speed Deadlifts against quaded minibands standing on 2" platform w/hook grip

This sounds oh so terrible.

Its not so bad. Once I stopped being a powerlifter, I stopped using over/under on deadlifts in hopes of evening out my back. I do have less upper back discomfort and now the hook grip is comfy as well, it just took time. When I did this movement as a powerlifter I felt they only helped my deadlift to a certain extent. However as a thrower, I feel these help me be more explosive overall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/17 at 6:08am
SE FL Games 

This is a home games for me being that the field is only about 45 minutes away in the county south of me. I love waking up in my own bed and being able to eat a breakfast at home. I ate a ribeye with an egg and some nuts and blueberries along with the requisite coffee and hit the road. It took a little while for things to get started but to my surprise we had an actual A class this year, unfortunately due to a shortage of judges they had to pair us up with B's which meant reverse order of events. We negotiated a little and they at least let us get in hammers before the caber and height stuff. Here is how it went.

Heavy Hammer: 90' 1/2" 2nd place (arm felt good)

Light Hammer: 112' 10 1/2" 2nd place, small PR!

Caber: 2 1:00's and lost grip on one for 85 degrees 2nd place

Sheaf: Won with 30' then maxed the standards out at 33' and cleared by a few feet on first try, if the standards were higher with that good sheaf I think I had 35+ in me, 33 ties my all time best

WOB: Came in easy at 12, cleared everything including 15 ft on 1st try I think and won with 15'. I then went for 17' and hit the cross bar but it wouldnt go over on my second try. I think 17' should fall this year.

Braemar: 31' 4 1/2" 2nd

Open Stone: 35' 4 3/4" 3rd (garbage as usual, worked "walk and pop"/msa on 2 of the throws to get used to using it in a games)

HWFD: 36' 2" PR, 1st. It was a long day and fatigue was kicking in, shocked to get a PR.

LWFD: 67' 10 1/2" 1st. Real sloppy here, did last throw at close to 7pm.

1st place Overall and 2 PRs

It was a very long day. We started around 9:30 and I did my last LWFD near 7pm. At that point I was tired along with everyone else. Form was getting sloppy and I was gobbling up trig and almost fouling on every throw. It was nice to get a win at home. I was able to beat Fraser Ewan, who beat me at central Florida. We keep going back and forth at each games, trading off on beating each other. Its a fun rivalry and we push eachother. I will be going to St Augustine next. Not sure who is going to be there but I know we wont be throwing hammers this year which could hurt me because my two stones suck, so I will have to be able to throw well in weights, caber and height events to make up for it. Also the torn bicep was not an issue and I felt nothing on caber or hammers. I am pulling late on caber and need to fix that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/17 at 6:26am
Sunday Workouts

AM: Did some sled drags, reverse hypers, a bunch of light circuit type stuff and mobility work to try to get some blood flow and loosen up as well as alleviate the whole body soreness. The only part of my body that wasn't sore was the detached bicep lol.

PM: Upper
Warmup: Upper body sled dragging, cuff complex, flat DB press 4x20, band pullaparts 2x20, pullovers 2x20

DE BB Bench w/doubled minis
barx10
135 3x3 close grip
165 3x3 medium grip
185 3x3 wide grip

Benching was supersetted w/multi grip pulldowns 3x15

2 rounds of circuit: Rev hyper shrug x20, DB curl x20, neck harness x20, band extension to failure

Finished w/some more mobility stuff.

Generally felt haggard and sore today. Hopefully the extra work speeds recovery.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/17 at 12:24pm
Awesome and solid games Chaz. HWFD is creeping up there and looking BIG!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/17 at 7:05pm
Thanks Justin, things are gradually moving in the right direction on most events. I just have some slop to clean up on the weights and if I can do that, then I think I can push those numbers higher. Will you be coming down to any FL games this year? Shane mentioned that he might try for Ormond.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/17 at 7:10pm
Tuesday Lower

Warmup: Light sled dragging, Rev hyper x20, 45 degree hyper x20, GHR x20, Standing abs x20, Landmines x20, 1 leg squat 2x10, hip mobiliy work.

Caber Walks x100 yards
Caber runs x2
Caber turns x4

2 rounds of complex: snatch grip high pull x6/snatch balance x6/behind the neck press x6

Hip power snatch
95x3
135x3
165x2
185x1
205x1
215x1

Knee jumps 2x5 supersetted w/BB twist 2x20
High box jump 2x5 supersetted w/rev hyper 2x20

Nothing too heavy today, I just wanted to keep the body moving, work through a good range of motion on various movements and do some technical work with the caber and a little explosive work. Im still pulling a bit late on the caber and need to speed up. Having improved confidence in my arm should help. I'm on shift tomorrow and will do a little light throwing wednesday, otherwise I am just going to try to stay loose and recover for St Augustine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/17 at 8:19pm
I am looking to try and make Ormond, but it really depends on life - which is why I haven't made any yet and I won't be able to make St. Aug (which I really wanted to) or any so far (and I was going to try Dunedin but once again life...) Hopeful schedule is Myrtle Beach 3/25, Columbia, SC 4/1, Loch Norman, NC 4/8, Ormond 4/23, Savannah 5/6, Greenvile, SC 5/27ish?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/09/17 at 5:52am
Cool, I hopd to see you in Ormond then. I would like to get in a few out of state games myself but with a baby due in July, we shall see what I am able to do later in the season.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/09/17 at 5:56am
Wednesday Throws

Walking winds x10 forward/backward

18lb Shot
Standing throw progression x5
Standing w/reverse x3

16lb stone standing w/ reverse x3

12lb shot "walk and pop"/MSA x5

56lb weight entry drill x3

49lb 2 turn throw x3

28lb 2 turn throw x6

This was just a quick, walk through session. I wanted to work on fixing some of the slop that I had showing in my weights last week and it seemed I started to get in the right groove again, particularly on the LWFD. All the real work is done for me at this point. I may drag a sled or go for a walk to stay loose but really its just deload till Augustine for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/17 at 1:34pm
St. Augustine Games

I drove up the night before, carbed up at Cracker Barrel and had a good night of sleep. I arrived at the field and we had nice weather and a large, competitive A-Class. 2 stones were to be done instead of hammers since the field was small and being a bad stone guy I knew I had my work cut out for me. Here is how it went:

23lb braemar: 30+ 3rd
18lb Open stone: 33+ (came off the hands wrong every time, 5th or so)
56 HWFD: 36'11 PR, 1st
28 LWFD: 70' 4.5 1st, had to get this on my last throw to take 1st, everyone was a little below their best with this one
Caber: 80, 50, 11:30 for 1st, only two of us turned it, Steve Laser turned a 1:30 and I had to turn it on my last one to win.
Sheaf: Won with 32, then hit 34 for a PR and hit bar at 35. Tons of us in at 30 and 3 in at 32, very competitive.
WOB: Came in at an easy 12 and hit everything through 16 on first try and got the win, hit cross bar all 3 times at 17 and it just wouldnt go over. Competition was insane here, Stamps and Laser both hit 16 on their last attempts and there were 3 of us going for 17. 

Overall 1st place by 2 points

I was really happy to win this one against a very tough class today, especially when I could not throw a hammer. The caber was big and my bicep felt fine with it so that gives me more confidence. I am really happy to see a resurgence in the A-class in Florida. We were hurting for a little while because of guys either going to masters, retiring etc, we have some talented new faces in the group now as well as some guys who have been plugging away for a while and getting better as well as some others coming back into the sport. Things are a lot more competitive so far this year and not only does it make it fun it also pushes all of us to throw farther. Good times overall.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/17 at 7:09am
Excellent work and congrats on the win.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/17 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by TomLawrence TomLawrence wrote:

Excellent work and congrats on the win.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/17 at 6:42pm
Tuesday Throws

Heavy Hammer walking winds x20 forward/backward

12lb Shot
Walk and pop/MSA x8

28lb weight
Entry drill x5
2 turn throw x8

16lb sheaf
Bottoms up x5
Full x5

Everything felt like crap today, generally fatigued, uncoordinated, getting lightheaded on throws and my back/psoas was extremely tight and uncomfortable. Between travel, 2 games in a row, a busy shift yesterday, the time change and lack of quality sleep I am pretty haggard. I am glad I chose to throw light stuff today and just tried to work on positioning. Food and sleep is what I need.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/16/17 at 5:05am
Two a day Wednesday

Throws
HH Hammer walking winds x10 forward/back
10 wind drill x2
3 wind and release into ground x5

3 wind throws
w/HH x6
w/LH x6
w/14lb hammer x2

Hammers not bad, I think I need more speed and more volume with the light hammers

Lifting

Warmup: Pushups 3x20, DB pullovers 3x20, cuff complex

DE BB Bench w/bands
bar+doubled monster minis x10
bar+doubled monster minis and doubled minis x5 (kept this tension)
95 2x3 close
115 2x3 medium
135 2x3 wide

Benching was supersetted w/wide pulldowns x10, 3x8

Explosive narrow pushups onto 4 mats 3x6

Finished w/2 round of circuit of: DB curl x20, Neck harness x20, Rev hyper x20, Bent raise x10, Bench roller crunch x20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/17/17 at 5:09am
Thursday 2 Sessions/Lower

Workout 1

Warmup/Accessory: Sled drags (forwards, backwards, side), 45 degree hyper x20, GHR x20, Rev hyper x20, Standing abs x20, Landmine x20, Front squat w/bar 2x10, 1 leg squat 2x10, 1 leg DL 2x5, hip mobility work.

Caber Walk x100 yards
Caber run x2
13 step drill x2
Regular turns x3

Rested a few minutes and refueled a bit and then moved on to Workout #2

2 rounds of complex: Snatch high pull x6/Behind the neck press x6/Snatch balance x6

BB Power Snatch
95x3
135x3
165x2
185x1
205x1
215x1
225x1

Box Jumps: Low box x5, High box 3x5

Speed Strength Box Squat w/SSB (counting bar as 45lbs)
bar+strong band x10
bar+strong and avg band x5
bar+strong, avg and light band x3 (kept this tension)
135 6x2

Speed Deadlifts standing on 2" jump stretch box with quaded monster mini bands
135x1 (immediately snapped both bands on lockout, then threw a new pair of bands on)
135 6x2  
(fast, tons of tension at the top, strapped in after a few because the tension kicking in was killing my hook grip thumb and was about to tear off some serious skin)

Rev hyper 3x20 supersetted w/ab wheel 3x10

Good day, focused mostly on bar speed. Caber timing is also feeling better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/18/17 at 11:22am
Friday Throws

Walking winds with LH x20 forward/backward

18lb Shot standing throw progression x12
16lb stone standing w/reverse x8
16lb stone walk and pop x6

56lb entry drill x5

49lb weight 2 turn x6

28lb weight 
2 turn x8
1 turn x5

WOB x5

Stone work was unimpressive as usual, 49lb weight felt great, very smooth and went pretty far. 28lb weight can be a bit frustrating, it was feeling awesome in January but now is not so easy. I think I am trying too hard and loosing my smoothness. I have to remember that for me, smooth=far. Almost all of my best throws people comment on the fact that although I dont appear to move fast, I am incredibly smooth. Probably my strength allows me to make up for not being super fast but if I hit my positions I am good to go. So in my next two games being Dunedin and Ormond beach I am going to have serious competition and if I want a chance to place well I must remain smooth with my weights and this will be my focus. SUAVE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/18/17 at 11:28am
Saturday Bench

Warmup: Cuff complex, Upper body sled drags, DB incline bench 4x20, Band pullaparts 4x20

BB Floor press w/chain
barx20
135x10
135+80lb chain x5 (kept this chain throughout)
185x5
225x3
255x1
275x1
295x1
315x1
add XXL slingshot
365 miss, got it about half way up, I realized slingshot doesnt give as much on a floor press
put on XL slingshot instead
365x1, I was going to go for a few more but my spotter forgot and racked the bar for me, so I was done.

Supine med ball throws w/22lb braemar ball 3x6
Throws were supersetted w/KB shrugs 3x10 and neck harness 3x20 front and back

Finished w/superset of straight arm pulldowns 3x10 and cable extensions 3x10

Felt pretty good on a whole, I am realistic in knowing that with a lighter bodyweight and my history of multiple pec tears that I am not going to do anything amazing on benching movements but I am trying to maintain here. Slingshot is always fun for overloads, I had never done it on a floor press and learned the hard way that in order to cheat/overload enough, I have to go with a smaller size for more spring.
Good stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/20/17 at 6:39pm
Monday Haggard Hammers and DE Upper

HH Walking winds x10 forward/backward
HH 10 wind drill x2
HH 3 wind and release in ground x3
HH 3 wind throw x6

LH 3 wind throw x6

14lb Hammer 3 wind throw x6

Warmup at gym: Pushups 3x20, DB pullovers 3x20, Upper body sled drags, cuff complex

DE BB Bench w/bands
bar+doubled minis x10
bar+doubled minis and doubled new monster minis x5 (kept this tension)
95 6x3 close/medium and wide grip

Benching was supersetted w/wide pulldowns x10, x8, 2x6

Explosive narrow pushups on 4 mats 3x6 supersetted w/rear delt raise 3x20

Finished w/some neck harness sled goodmornings and high rep DB curls

I had a rough night on shift last night and got very little quality sleep. My brother has said that some of his better hammer days have been in games where he was worn out because it made him relax. I figured since I was haggard that hammers would work best for me as well. After a few throws, things were going pretty well overall and I got in a good bit of volume, especially with the lighter hammers. I then went on for a fast paced DE bench workout and the new monster minis give me a ton more tension than my old ones so I had to keep the bar weight very light to keep the speed fast. I was so tired at times I was getting intermittantly nausous and lightheaded but powered through and got it all done.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/24/17 at 5:20am
Tuesday throws

Walking Hammer Winds x10 forward/backward

12lb shot
Standing w/reverse x5
Walk and pop x10

56lb weight entry drill x5

49lb weight 2 turn throw x5

28lb weight 2 turn throw x12

16lb sheaf 
bottoms up x5
Full x5

I got in a decent amount of volume on this day but still felt fatigued. The light shot work improved but it took a lot of throws in order to actually feel like I was timing anything right. The fatigue really showed on the weights with my throws being a good bit shorter on both and with the light getting really ugly with generally poor timing. Sheaf was about the only thing I can say felt close to good. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/24/17 at 5:32am
Thursday Double Session

Workout #1
Warmup: Sled drags, 45 degree hyper x20, rev hyper x20, GHR x20, standing abs x20, landmine x20, front squat 2x10, 1 leg squat 2x10, 1 leg deadlift 2x5, jump rope x50 and mobility stuff

Caber walk x50 yards
Caber run x1
Caber turns x4 (against the wind was both around 10:00, with the wind around 12:00)

A storm was coming in and the wind was extreme, trying to pick and control the caber was very challenging, this was getting exhausting quickly and I had to stop because the rain and lightning was moving in. Next I went to the gym, dropped off the caber and got in some quick nutrition and moved on to workout #2.

2 rounds of complex: snatch grip high pull x6/snatch balance x6/behind the neck press x6

Power Hang Snatch
95x3
135x3
165x2
185x1
205x1
225x1

DE SSB Box Squat w/bands (speed strength wk 2), counting bar as 45lbs
bar+strong band x10
bar+strong and light bands x5
bar+strong, light and heavy bands x3
135 2x2
185 2x2
225 2x2

Pin 3 Rack Deadlift w/hook grip
315x3, 425x3, 475x1, 515x1 (added belt), 565x1, 605x1 (easy and fast but psoas starting kicking in)

High box jump 2x5
Rev hyper 2x20
Ab wheel 2x10

I would have liked to push things a little more on this day but am still fatigued. The pin pulls felt easy enough but it seems that once I get over 600lbs on any pull the referred lower back pain kicks in from the psoas and at the same time I feel like I am going to pass out, this keeps me from going any heavier. Its frustrating because often I feel capable physically of doing way more weight but I just have to stop. After Ormond I am going to try to seek out a good ART person and see if they can finally put a stop to this. I have been dealing with this for too many years now.

Edited by CharlesFay - 3/24/17 at 6:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/24/17 at 6:09pm
Friday Double Session

AM ME Upper

Warmup: Upper body drags, various types of DB/KB pressing 4x20, band pullaparts 4x20, cuff complex

ME Fat Bar Overhead Pin Press
barx10
125x5
165x3
195x2
215x1
235x1
255x1 PR
265 miss half way up

ME Pressing was supersetted w/Rev hyper shrugs 3x20, KB shrugs 2x10, Band face pulls 2x20, Double outside the leg KB swings 2x20, Neck harness 3x20 (front/back)

Finished w/some reverse hypers and mobility work and then saved something for the afternoon.

PM Throws

18lb shot 
Standing w/reverse x5

Walk and pop drill
w/18lb shot x3
w/16lb stone x3
w/12lb shot x3

49lb 2 turn throw x5

28lb weight 2 turn throw 10-12

WOB x6

Final big day of heavy duty work, next week will be staying loose, recovering and a few walk through throw sessions. Stones were blah as usual, 49 felt great, still cannot recapture the magic in my timing and form on the LWFD that I had back in January. WOB was feeling a little funky and the weight just kept smashing the branch over and over again, it is a very fat branch so I assume it would go over a standard bar. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/17 at 7:07pm
Last two throwing sessions

Monday 

HH walking winds x20 forward/backward
10 wind drill x2
3 wind and release x3

3 wind throws
HH x3
LH x3
14lb hammer x3

Caber
Walk x1
Run x1
Turn x3

I worked a double over the weekend, so after 48 hours of shift and I was pretty worn out

Wednesday Throws

12lb shot
Standing progression x5
Standing w/reverse x3
Walk and pop x3

2 turn throws
w/49lb x3
w/28lb x3

16lb sheaf
Bottoms up x3
Full x3

I think working 72 of the last 96 hours has run me down, throws went fine as I was taking it easy and just doing a walk through. The lack of adequate sleep has definitely run me down and I am now battling a head cold that my kid gave me. Hopefully good food and rest will allow me to still perform in Dunedin this weekend. Normally it is pretty stiff competition there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/04/17 at 1:33pm
Dunedin Games

I drove up the night before by myself and things got started early. I had a bit of a head cold but otherwise was feeling pretty good. Strong class as usual, here is how it went.

O-stone: 35.7, crap as usual, 5th or so

HWFD: Side foul on 1st throw, the head cold seemed to make spinning a little more difficult and the spacial awareness was definitely off, 2nd throw nice and easy for a 34+, Steve Laser took the lead after that and on my 3rd throw I got 36'4 to retake the lead and get 1st

LWFD: Side fouled the first two throws and was on the brink of disaster, I contemplated taking a 1 turn to be safe and got a mark but the competitor in me just wouldnt allow it and I risked it all on the last throw, I adjusted my starting position a little and went for it, 69'9 for 1st place and saved my ass.

HH: 90'8, for 2nd, felt pretty good on these.

Caber: It was a big stick but we all felt we could turn it, we were all wrong and it was a battle of degrees, I got it to almost turn and scored 1st with an 80.

Sheaf: Came in nice and low, botched one at 30 and got the win with an easy clear at 32. Took it to 35 to PR and had the height by at least a foot on one of them but it was a foot or so outside. Normally on the higher heights I stand far to the left and angle myself some, I couldn't do this due to limited space with the fence and the guide ropes narrowing my area to throw.

WOB: Came in at 12, botched one at 14 and Steve Laser was pushing me hard in this event, we both cleared 15 easy and went to 16 and I cleared that as well for the win. Went to 17 and had the height twice on it but left it about 4" in front of the bar. I will eventually get this.

Overall 1st place in A-class. 

I was very happy to win this while not feeling 100%. The guys in my class are pushing me hard and if I slip too much on anything they will beat me. Many are improving to the point that if I don't continue to get better, they will beat me even if I do throw well. 
I drove home that night and flew to DC the next day for my Dad's birthday, I am worn out right now but back in FL and have to heal up but also get in some quality work for the last FL games of the season in Ormond.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/04/17 at 7:19pm
Tuesday Haggard Hammers and Lifting

Heavy Hammer
Walking wind x20
10 wind drill x2
3 wind and release into ground x3

Light hammer 3 wind throw x8

14lb hammer 3 wind throw x4

DE Upper 

Warmup: Cuff complex, upper body sled drags, pushup 2x20, pullover 2x15

DE Fat bar incline bench w/bands
barx10
bar+doubled micro minis x10 (kept this tension)
125 6x3 

Benching was supersetted w/pulldowns x10, 3x6

2 rounds of circuit: Neck harness x20, 1 arm alternating BB throw on grappler x10, band face pull x20

Finished w/drop set of DB curls

Super fatigued today from being sick, travelling, competing and not getting enough sleep. Nothing felt too spectacular but I tried to focus on fundamentals with the light hammers and got my work in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic