Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Brandell Training Log

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/26/16 at 8:38am

Unlike other logs I don't list numbers. That is because they are insignificant right now, but let me give you guys a reference point as to how bad off I was when I finally got the adrenals in order after therapy about 2-3 months ago.

I started lifting consistently in June. I could only pull and squat 115 lbs for 5. So as discouraging as that was, I still go in and put another 5-10 lbs each week and "Conan and the wheel" this stuff.

Its a lifelong journey now, numbers will come in time. Really looking forward to Squats tomorrow night!

Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/26/16 at 8:39am
YES!  Made page 7.  Only 180 Behind Duncan....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/27/16 at 8:49pm

Ugh the humidity. Just the sweating in the garage gym alone Ill make weight for Tulsa.

Clean pull. 3x2

Squats. 3x3

Bench. 3x3

Good mornings. 3x5

Pulldowns. 3x8

1 leg and Tris. 3x8

Really good workout.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/16 at 6:54pm
Was going to throw tonight, but as I got home severe storms hit with tons of lighting. I didnt think tossing around metal objects in an open field was a good idea.

So core and extra shoulder work tonight.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/16 at 9:44am

Feeling the core today. I have started doing something I picked up from Power lifting great Ed Coan. I do suitcase deadlift holds.

I put the bar in the rack at the knee and stand up with it. If its in the right hand I bend a little to the left and hold for at least 10 seconds. Goal is 30 seconds x3 each hand then move up weight. Got 115lbs yesterday. Not heavy, but all I could do. I feel it this morning in the Core!

grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/16 at 2:08pm
I like it!   Going to throw those into the rotation!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/16 at 3:43pm
They get you used to keeping the body tight where it should be during throws core wise. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/16 at 2:07pm

SGHP. 4x3. Was supposed to be 3x2, but things moved much better than expected.

Block pulls 3x3. Remember the name came on pandora at just the right time!

Push press. 3x3.

Core lifts done. Have some tennis elbow crap going on with the right elbow. No row or Bi's today, have to throw tomorrow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/16 at 9:39pm
28, Stone, Hammer.  Mind is great, body sucks, throws suck. Very frustrating.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/16 at 7:08pm
Clean Pull 2x3 Started feeling elbow so...
Power shrug 3x3
Squat 5-3-2
RDL 3x5
Bench 5-3-2
1 Leg 3x8
Pull-down 3x5

timed my workout, over an hour. But I am including rest, racking, unracking, moving from one place to the other. If I were in a Gym it would only be about 40-45.

Debating Cortisone shot in the elbow Friday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/16 at 9:10pm

Massage went really good.

Stone, 28, Hammer tonight. Still can not feel the hammer. No catch and no push. Clinic with Daniel McKim in 2 weeks and I really need it.

Not waiting until offseason for Front squats. I need to get the lower body being more active, moving to them on Monday. Not worried about weight, want to move it right and getting the lower body to do the work.

grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/16 at 9:14pm
Something that helped me was to get my weight on my right foot when it was at the top so I could catch and use my weight shift to help accelerate the hammer from there.    I think about making a reverse C when I want to catch it.
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/09/16 at 8:34am

Clean Pull 3x3
Front Squat 5x5. Was 3x5 and went a little heavy on the last 5. Backed it down and got two good sets at a lower weight. Some banned Russian School girl is somewhere laughing at me right now....

RDL 3x5

Bench 3x5

Pull Down 3x5

Found out I am pressing my head into the bench too hard, that is causing my neck and headaches.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/09/16 at 8:34am
Originally posted by grasshopper grasshopper wrote:

Something that helped me was to get my weight on my right foot when it was at the top so I could catch and use my weight shift to help accelerate the hammer from there.    I think about making a reverse C when I want to catch it.

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/10/16 at 9:41am

I haven't' slept well the last couple weeks. Part of it was the neck which is much better. Fat loss has stopped, gains slowed down and I am a little more tired and sore than I have been the last few weeks. I have been waking up for no reason about 2:30 the last few nights.

It finally hit me...I am NOT eating enough lol. I am now very consistent in the Gym and throwing, Body needs food! When I trained hard with Wes Wright a few years back this happened and he made me eat more. I am just not used to having to eat more other than last year during Chemo/Rad.

YAY more food!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/11/16 at 7:22pm

Tonight was strength sapping in the garage for some reason more than normal.

SGHP 3x3
Block Pull 3x5
GM 3x5
Push press 3x5
Row 3x8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/14/16 at 9:28pm
Threw some last night, Throws were as Charles Barkley would say "Turrable".  But I can throw, vs Last year when I had trouble getting out of bed to go to radiation and Chemo.

So I say its a win.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/16 at 8:39am

In sprint mode to Tulsa / Mac...

Block pull. 8x3
Push press 8x3
Good mornings 3x8
Rows. 3x8

Shower, food, pack for clinic. Off to KC after work tomorrow.

Talked with Dr. Holt  and I think im going to go ahead and get the left knee cleaned up end of September.  Too much catching and grinding laterally.  I do it now and I should be good for another 5 years of uninterrupted training.

Plus for about 6 weeks I can implement my "Johnny Bravo" Training :-)

Edited by Brian Randell - 8/19/16 at 1:26pm
AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/16 at 9:07am
Are you headed to the MAK throwers/Dan McKim clinic?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/16 at 1:25pm
Yep
AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/19/16 at 9:46pm
Good deal... me too. I'll see you there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/16 at 8:49am
Much needed cl8nic with Dan McKim yestetday. Lots of offseason work to do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/22/16 at 7:37pm
Tonight...

Clean pulls.   3x3

Squatz.     4x6.

RDL.      4x6

Floor press.    4x6

Pull downs.    3x8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/16 at 8:42pm
Dropped high pulls, no migraine type symptoms so far. Will know more in 24-48

Tonight...

Block Pull. 4x6
Push Press. 4x6
Good mornings 4x6
Rows 3x8

Bis / tris.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/27/16 at 9:33am
Neck is FFFed from Surgery and radiation last year. Working around it. FFF U Cancer! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic