Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Brandell Training Log

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

Good looking neck scar imo.

Thanks, working on The Kurgan look.
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Sean Sean wrote:

Now I gotta run into Brian so I can be the first insensitive jerk to yell out "Hey, you cut yourself shaving?!" ;)
Pfft get the story straight. I was called in to break up that biker war down in Houston. got the job done but took a little damage. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 2:02pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 2:03pm
I cut it down, but still came out large

AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Brian Randell Brian Randell wrote:

Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

Good looking neck scar imo.

Thanks, working on The Kurgan look.

You need to use the safety pins.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 2:45pm
Happy Halloween, ladies!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 3:01pm
Might do that at Halloween Al LOL

I gotta tell you, being forced to do BW mostly really sucks, but hey I remember Myles saying after one of his fun surgeries he had to start with just a bar.

It ain't about how hard you can hit....its about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward.

And I don't hear no bell.
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 7:04pm
I did not get a bar for a long time.  I sat on the couch and spoke on the phone for a long time and then got 5 lbs in each hand started rehab on the torn quad tendon.  Blowing off your quad tendon and then a side order of open heart in the same week will ruin you quick.  Today was the victory in the fact you got it.  Nobody promised you that and now that you have been down this road I bet you appreciated today more.  I know I sure do.  We all fall down at some point, it is just how you get up that is what counts because we are all cool and stylish when we have a big pile of chips, but what are you when they are down that counts.  Saw this huge dude who just did BW stuff, that is what you have right now, now take that and run cause you got something and some folks don't. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 7:35pm
 You are right about the victory I have, it would have been much worse. The blessings I have recieved in the last 6 weeks has been overwhelming.

I have been so humbled by the grace of God, the gifts I have been given, my family and amazing friends like you that actually cared.  Truly humbled my friend and that humility and appreciation will never go away.

And honestly brother I know its a Rocky movie line but it is my outlook, It doesn't matter how hard you hit, its how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. I never quit, I never surrender.

I don't hear no bell Myles...BW work etc. starts in the AM.
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 7:44pm
That scar is wicked!!   Stories.....lots of stories.....
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/15 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by grasshopper grasshopper wrote:

That scar is wicked!!   Stories.....lots of stories.....

Well if you have to know, I got called in to break up that biker fight in Texas. Yeah I know they got a couple good shots, but it got taken care of.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/15 at 8:10am
Today is my wife and I's 27th wedding anniversary. Best part is, I am here for it. Smile
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/15 at 8:13am
True that Brian! I'm sure she's real happy! God bless praying for a strong recovery for you
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/15 at 1:01pm
Happy anniversary- keep pushing on (is there really any other choice?)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/15 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Shawn Baker Shawn Baker wrote:

Happy anniversary- keep pushing on (is there really any other choice?)

Nope, none! Smile
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/15 at 7:31pm
Happy Anniversary!!  Many more to come!!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/25/15 at 10:49am
6 week CT scan came back great doc says. No signs of Cancer, stuff is healing. Said go lift wants to see me put on some muscle before next months follow up.  
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/25/15 at 2:15pm
Sweetness.  How are the nerves in the neck and trap coming along?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/25/15 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by AlDargie AlDargie wrote:

Sweetness.  How are the nerves in the neck and trap coming along?

Still dead. I have a lot of functionality as I have learned to compensate and worked the stuff around the issue, but no bueno so far. But then again we are at 6 weeks this last Monday and it could take up to 6 months.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/07/15 at 9:44am
Doc has confirmed, full release.  My log won't look like anything major and many will wonder..WTF?, but I know what I have to do now and where I need to go with this. Where I am physically is a major bag of suck, but I am on this side of the dirt and really blessed to be around no matter what shape.  It will be really slow which is hard for me, but as long as I am here I have the opportunity to get better. 
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/07/15 at 10:15am
Woot!  Good news man.
Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/07/15 at 10:55am
Originally posted by TomLawrence TomLawrence wrote:

Woot!  Good news man.
Yep, thanks Tom Appreciate the support. A long road is still a road one gets to travel.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/10/15 at 10:12pm
Had an endoscopy today as I had Barretts Esophagus before the Cancer. Since I have had cancer it was imperative I get it checked as soon as my throat could deal with the procedure. Dr. Volak says all looks good, its still there but not as bad as last time he checked in 13'.  20mg nexium 2x per day from here on out.

Talked about a new procedure we may do after the first of the year 8 endoscopy's straight over 8 weeks to use ablation to burn off the barrets. He says its getting great results, but I have to miss 1/2 day 8 straight weeks. We will see how my boss reacts to that.  

We did biopsies on the esophagus, stomach, small intestine to check stuff. May have Celiac disease or a bacteria in my small intestines that causes me issues. He thinks that came about from the surgeries, diet or lack thereof and all the pain meds.

That said moving into new rent house this week, starting to look for equipment for a home gym, my old one is WAY out of the way now esp with time and traffic. Besides I do better lifting from home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/23/15 at 9:24pm
Slight hitch in the giddy up.  Lymph nodes in the crotch started to swell up over the weekend. Back out to CTCA. PET looks good but Oncologist noticed something in the original pathology that for some reason the previous assclowns (not CTCA) decided to put in the middle of a paragraph "lymphatic-Vascular invasion: Positive".

For those counting at home that means the metastatic squamous cell carcinoma made it into at least one blood vessel. So there is a huge chance that bastard is running around in my body trying to set up shop somewhere else. Where does MSCC go from the neck? To the lungs of course.

So we are now doing what should have been done if the said assclowns would have actually put this vital piece of info in bold or as its own bullet point because you know...cancer getting into the blood stream is kinda a thing you need to know.

6-7 weeks radiation therapy, 6 weeks of Cisplatin.  Fun times at band camp all around.  Have to be off work 6 of those weeks for many reasons.
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/15 at 5:13am
You can't seem to catch a break on this one.  Most def important talking point that should have been stressed from the beginning when it could have been addressed instead of playing catch-up.  Stay strong Brian.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/15 at 9:57am
 I know AL, I am pretty pissed.  I could be completely done by the end of this week had we done it from the start.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/15 at 6:45pm
Week 2 of Radiation and Chemo starts tomorrow. 5 more weeks unless a setback. They say starting week 3 things will get crappy, but we will see.  They say the worst part is the loss of taste or if I taste anything it tastes like ass, so again, we will see.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/15 at 9:50pm
Hang in there brother.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/15 at 7:16am
We need a tank or something we can dunk you in and just be rid of this garbage in one shot.

Nothing but good thoughts for you, mister. You've got to make it to at least anniversary #50, so no quitting yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/15 at 9:13am
I am starting to reach "Myles" status I think Sean and Tom :-) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic