Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Myles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/17 at 5:17pm
Friday I went in and did shoulder and did some  over head with the dumbells and machine and some side laterals.

Threw like crap on Saturday.  Just lifeless. 

Monday not ready to pull deads so I snatch and actually feel better and am stronger than last time. 
Tuesday stretch out real good and do some calves and balance action. 
Wednesday pull deads.  Plenty of rest and should be ready to go.  Nope, go up and hover 465 off the ground a couple inches for as long as I can.  Crap.  Went home.
Thursday came back and completed the back and bicep action.  Just high intense one or two sets all out.  Pull downs 2 sets, seated cable rows one set, cable pull overs one set, cable pull in somethings one set, worked up to 80's curling and then a set of 45's to failure and concentration curls a set and standing ez curl bar 50 pounds a set. 
Friday chest and tri, could not incline, so did a set of 135 to failure pausing until I could not, did a lot.  Then did some hammer incline up to a couple plates and quarter.  Then dips a couple sets of a lot. Cable cross overs 2 sets to failure, machine close grip 2 sets, push down revers grip 2 sets and regular push downs a set or two and then incline french curl a set.  Done.

Threw better Saturday.  A little anyway. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/17 at 6:44pm
Monday went in and hit a nice squat, was day before birthday and hit a 505 hatfield, then went right to regular squats and did 185 to failure 19 reps.  Then pushed the prowler a couple times.  Tried once just moving little faster than walking and then tried sprinting.  The set to failure squatting made me want to puke.  So after that it was icing.  I got sore.

Tues did some calves, balance, stretching. 
Wednesday did shoulders.  Felt like crap still from Monday, leg day kicked my ass.  So was not really into it.  Well my shoulders were.  Worked up to 80's in strict press and nailed them for 7, nice clean and 7 reps.  Loved it.  Def better.  Then blasted a couple sets to failure on machine shoulder press and then couple sets of side laterals.  Did a little push down and got a pump on the tri since I was not working them this week.   Just some pump of a few quick sets. 

Thursday was thanksgiving and tossed hammer a bit, just a few times. 
Friday got in to pull.  Back was not into it at all.  Just had no power.  Did two sets of 315 x 6 and was just sweating like a pig.  Worked the rest of my back also with some pull downs, seated rows, cable pull overs and some pull in to the gut body stuff.  Curls working up to the 80'x x 4, concentration curls, and that is it. 

Saturday throwing I just could not get my legs to move yet.  They are still fazed from the lifting and not that great to begin with.  Felt pretty good though and I am getting stronger at the moment.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/17 at 1:54pm
Monday night got some chest and tri and was strong again.  My arm felt decent and was able to push for a change.  Inclined 5 with 225 and was best in while and healthyish.  Did it a second time and was pretty good to me.  Hammer incline, dips, cross overs and close grip machine and push downs.  Was a good time.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/17 at 1:17pm
I had a big week last week.  Wednesday hit a 525 hatfield, for some more improvement.  Then went direct to regular squat and went 185 x 20, then pushed sled outside some.  Brutal. 

Friday hit shoulders and was good again, worked 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 x 7 overhead.  Some machine press and some side lateral

Saturday threw a real lot, lots of drills, was fun.

Monday did nothing really.  Calves and stretched.  Resting.  Overdone
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/18 at 9:30am
I have been gone a while, dealing with a lot of losses.  First had to put Cheto to sleep, my new young kitty I found or he found me.  He stayed in my garage a month before I realized he was mine.  He got some weird disease cats get and had to be put down.  Then lost Ava, my rotty of 10 years, destroyed me.  Then Cheryl's dad passed, this was hard as we kind of were not even over loosing her mom.  Since then in the past two weeks she lost three more relatives including a favorite uncle that I have to say really loved on me.  Uncle Ronnie was a hard working truck driver in Chicago.  Loved her dad as well, always treated me great and a real solid guy. 

Anyway, I have been training and with that hurting myself it seems a bit of late.  Shoulders, throwing shoulder, surgical repair shoulder and hurt so bad could not practice Saturday shoulder.  Putting some peps in it to try and see if that helps.  Of course anti inflam, diclofinac and going to floss it today and work the cuff hardish. 

Going to get a new dog, Elissa Hapner has some rotty pups and I am getting her girl, going to meet her at Braidy Millers and throw in two weeks, should be epic fun.  Going to take Durso as well and he is fired up. 

I will be here more, trying for a while to blog here and put more content down of something and what is really going on. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/18 at 10:22pm
Hang in there Mule.  So sorry for all the loss in your family.

See you in Dothan in March?

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/01/18 at 10:59am
Monday got in the gym for some back and bi action. 
Deads, 135 x 3, 135 x 3, 225 x 3, 315 x 1, 355 x 7
Bent over row, 135 x 15, 135 x 15
Pull downs, stack with a new bar for 18
A couple more BS lat movements for some pump, a couple sets each
Standing alternating curls, 40, 50, 60 x 5, 70 x 7 and a ten min walk.

Tues got some stretch and calves with a voodoo floss for the delt

Wednesday was shoulder day and I took it off, need to compete in a couple weeks and rest seemed like a good idea. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/05/18 at 8:18pm
So I have hurt my shoulder.  Was supposed to do shoulders and did not on Wed and then did squat on Friday
Hatfield squats worked up to a 495
Then three sets of three jumps onto a box
Belt squats a couple plates on each side for three sets of 5
A set of leg extensions, a real lot, over 25
10 min walk

Threw Saturday, 3 with stone, 3 with light weight, 3 with light hammer, shoulder tolerated it with not too much pain.  Getting better. 

Went in for chest and tri today and just babied it.  Danny had a game this weekend.

Incline 135 3 sets of a bunch, did I think 10 the first couple sets and 15 the next all with pause and slow
Machine fly, 2 sets of slow and easy
Hammer incline a couple sets of high rep with a plate
Machine dip real light slow and pause 3 sets
Reverse push down 3 sets a bunch
Rope push down 3 sets a lot
10 min walk, cramping haunch
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/18 at 11:31am
Praying for the shoulder brother.

Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/18 at 1:06pm
Got some back last night, now of the last year of so I just can't lay off a week before the game and be a daisy.  It does not work, so yesterday I backed off pulling, just did a nice easy set of 315 x 5, so next time I do get down i will be ready.  Then did

Bent over row 135 x 15 and 17
Pull downs, 3 sets of more
Lat pull overs 2 sets
Lat pull ins 2 sets
Dumbelll curls 40, 50, 60, 75 x 7 pretty easy, 3 sets of concentration curs

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/03/18 at 9:05am
I went to Dothan and had a good time, my travel partner Kent was pissed with his performance.  Of course he is coming of chemo and radiation but hell he had a month or so to get well and he is only 72.  Amazing man.

I threw ok and had a decent day at the game.  Dothan is a very nice game.  Atmosphere is real good, food, fellowship and awards are all there.  No charge to athletes. 

Have been very flat with my training after Dothan.  Just not recovered.  Need more rest I think. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/18 at 6:33pm
Well we found out why I am not recovering, blood in the pee.  Kidney stone on the way I think and that is why I am flat and not eating and feel tired again, like last year.  Oh well.  Also tossed out of my gym as I apparently feel a little too agressive toward another member who ran his mouth to me.  I would not have it and invited him to the parking lot.  He passed of course.   Amazing how much people of today are such pussies.  Gym owner included.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/13/18 at 11:10am
Ouch. Yeah, I had that a few months ago (kidney stone, not an invitation to a beatdown). No fun!

Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/19/18 at 4:49pm
Brother Dave, just a pleasure cruise as usual.  I seem to go from one medical thing to another.

Training at the wife's gym.  Of course she does not go, just has a membership.  Whole conversation right there.  I am getting some decent workout in.  Lots and lots of reps with light shit.  And nice people, at least the one or two people that show up.  Not many do. 

Throwing is going decent.  Hattiesburg on horizon
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/26/18 at 1:37pm
Going to Mississippi and see John and Amanda micka, really nice people in the gym business and they put o a game in Hattiesburg.  They also treat me fabulous, just great hosts.  They also have a gym that takes a back seat to nobody.  And they both throw.  Kent Durso is coming to ride with me over tomorrow night.  That will be epic of course.

This week in the gym did not much.  Some leg action on Monday and chest and guns a little Tues and nothing since.  Rest and eat.  Feel ok for a blood pissa.  Taking a supplement that is supposed to disolve my stones in the kidneys. 

When you train at a gym you become friends with people in a gym friendship way.  Most times that only is at the gym.  You can be tremendous friends, but it is only in the gym.  So when you leave that gym you leave those people.  Me leaving the gym a couple weeks ago that is a component I miss.  My friends.  Of course I am so into a schedule of a person that bugged me also.  So adios to those folks over there.  And of course the pussy owner who could not nut up and throw the guy out as he was afraid of legal action.  (black)  Todays world is such horseshit and lack of honor.  Of course when you have multiple kids under 5 years old with 3 different chicks you can't expect that kind of person to find loyalty in their tool kit.  Honor?  Hardly
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/10/18 at 7:37pm
Had a great time in Hattiesburg at John and Amanda Micka's game.  Just wonderful people and I wish I lived closer.  What a gym they have, modern beautiful facility. 

They had the game in a new location, in the trees and shade.  Was a real southern affair.  The BBQ truck showed to feed us.  Top three in food of all games I have been to.  Best brisquit I have had in I don't know when.  Fatty tasty and yum. 

Throwing was good.  Durso improved a lot from his last performance.  Of course he only beat cancer here recently, but you can't tell him that, he is not an excuse man.  I was pleased to see how well he did.  He rode over with me and it was a fun trip as normal.  We went to an Italian resturant and he is pure Italian and in his element.  It was really a ball.  Had some new things he exposed me to.  A lot of fun. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/11/18 at 12:56pm
Durso's been overcoming something or other since I met him at Culloden in '99. Never count the cat down.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/15/18 at 6:46pm
He is an epic travel companion to go throwing.  One of my favorites was his singing opera for the entire crowd eating one night.  They gave him a rousing ovation.  He had a band himself once and cut a couple albums.  Has a good voice.  No we can't count him out for anything, he is quite durable. 

Been training at a shit hole of a recreation center.  Just tough, but still getting my action in.  So if anyone cares to know if I am winding a hammer and it gets away from me, I hope it hits a local gym owner right in the sack.  If he has one. 

Amazing how people let you down.  Same as it ever was.  I did have the gym owner that killed 32 people years ago, so what do I expect?
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/18 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

If I am winding a hammer and it gets away from me, I hope it hits a local gym owner right in the sack.  If he has one. 

I laughed out loud here in the lab.  It confused my engineers.

Man, that's funny.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/16/18 at 10:15am
Tom, when I used to do the interviews I would ask that question, if you were winding the hammer and it got loose, who would you most like to hit in the sack with it? 

Hope you are good buddy.

I got some legs last night, I am squatting in a smith machine.  Did 6 sets of it, then three sets of jumps from a chair onto a low box.  Just working explosion.  Then some thruster squats, have a crap bar and put it in the corner and loaded the one end, feels like a front squat.  Then 3 sets of high rep extensions.  Felt decent
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/18 at 11:43am
I am back, have been gone a while and had some issues.  First had to change gyms due to conflict.  Strange issue with a guy who I think just lost his mind.  Lost my gym and buddies there and I miss that and it is a shame.  But I also have to stand my ground and not be run over by pricks. 

I also had a massive infection issue.  Got a scratch on my leg and ended up in the hospital with celulitis, they fixed that and gave me c diff.  it was resistant c diff of course so two rounds with that.  Well no gym and all that left me wasted.  I had a big hole to climb out of.  So have been quiet for a spell just getting myself back in order for this next year. 

So new gym, a huge box called crunch.  It is crap.  But it will work.  And I have been at it 7 weeks and mo has come back to visit at least.  I am going the right direction.  I have gained back some muscle and am looking respectable and starting to move some weight again.  So I will be back posting and what ever here for now. 

Other than that, have massive left elbow issue and of course the legs going numb.  Onward I go.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
wsciscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/05/19 at 11:31pm
Keep at it Myles. Hope to see you soon
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care.
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/06/19 at 5:06am
I am off FB now so will monitor your progress here.  My training has dropped off since a new job / long commute a year+ ago.  You have inspired me to get back at it.  Take care brother
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
  Share Topic