FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Myles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 55>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/06/16 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

Durso and I are going to ride up to Kentucky for the KO game.
Durso has a knee issue he is dealing with, so we should be stocked with Balm, neoprene, wraps and guile. 

Y'all have fun Myles.  Tell Kent I said hello.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/12/16 at 9:01am
What a trip.  Picked up Terry Smith at the Bama line and up to Nashville and picked up Durso.  We were about half hour from Louisville and it was not so hot really.  Had a nice day. 

It was a ren fest with the freaks in abundance.  Of course in the first even the lord of England picked me out to start his day with and I was still amicable at that time, but it is strange like I am a magnet. 

Had decent day with the stone, it felt good.  Weights it came apart.  I felt my legs had come far since Dothan, but this was the cluster all over again.  I almost fell on half the weight throws and went all the way and face planted on one, I mean grass in your face plant.  Hard.  Was ok, but really frustrated.  Had my diet on point with the trip and night prior, then iced in the hotel.  Hotel ice and water seemed cold and not melting a long time.  Was good. 

Hammer actually felt ok again and had a nice break to freak watch and eat.  KO was running this game with Mel and they both are such a pleasure.

So at lunch I go to the bathrooms and emerge to see a guy in a teddy bear outfit.  Found out later he was a star wars thing, but the name evades me.  I said he man, how you doing?  The guy of course though was in his part, and he could not speak as a star wars teddy bear.  He made some weird noise and wiggled at me.  I almost kicked him in the bear ass when he turned.  Not in spite, but just in fun. 

After lunch was caber and I was good there, hit a 12 first time out with it.  My third turn I just pick the caber and I hear KO yelling for some cat to get off the field.  I look up and there is count chocula walking across in front of me.  I head for the count like a heat seeker and run him off the field and turn a 1:30 at the same time I think. 

Sheaf was tough again for me finding groove and only hit a 26, close at 28 but just no go.  WOB was ok, meh.  Got second to Terry again, second second to him this year. 

On the way out we confirmed all the neat sherwood forest signs were mounted very solid. 

Drive home was more epic with Durso and we stopped for some chow.  Got in at about 2:30 AM, long day.  But lots of fun. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/12/16 at 9:13am
"He made some weird noise and wiggled at me.  I almost kicked him in the bear ass when he turned.  Not in spite, but just in fun."

Co workers came out of their cubes to see what was wrong with me I busted up so loudly. :-)  Great to hear you had a good time Myles.  I hope to see you and Durso again soon.
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/12/16 at 12:18pm
Now that sounds like a Good day!
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/13/16 at 8:08am
It was a great day Jay.  The game had Doug Ballard, Kent Durso, and Terry Smith throwing and then Mike Shea came and hung with us, and really the company is what made it incredible.  I just enjoy these men so much and laugh all day long.  Then Kent set up the beer garden so all you did was walk up and say, Kent Durso is my hero and you got a nice big cold beer.  We had a ball. 

Monday got my push on.  Was feeling still a little fazed from the game and drive.  Did long warm up and tried to get moving. 
Dumbell overhead press, figured do some reps and get blood flow. 
40 x 20 reps, 50 x 15, and 60 x 10, had shoulder pump and that was enough
Incline 70 x 15 real sweet and I actually found a groove and did not hurt.  Incredible.  Really changes a movement when you take the ice pick out of my shoulder.  I mean enjoyment. 
Hammer incline, 3 sets of more than 15
Cable cross overs a couple high rep sets, it is cables, who counts really?
Side laterals, 3 sets of a bunch
Dips, 4 sets of 8 and then push downs, 3 sets with palms up and 3 sets palms down.
Calf press on some funky calf machine.  Awkward, but got something.  Calves are real weird feeling, like one had a constant cramp kind of, course can't feel it all that great.  Came home to a bag of ice in the tub.  Chilled myself to a cool comfortable numb.  Cheryl had gotten a new grill and she worked a huge t bone on that stainless steel beauty and it was fabulous.  Win
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Trainerterry View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trainerterry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/13/16 at 8:44am
highlight of the day may be a "myles moment" in the sheaf. Some guy dressed as Sinbad the Sailor and some girl dressed as Avatar meets Elves were carrying a box with a giant Jenga game... to be played using swords. They were having a problem as it was heavy.

just as Myles is getting ready to heave the sheaf...Sinbad yells out in his best RenaissanceFestival accent "I am not a strong man"

of course Myles thought the guy was mocking him and walked that way with fork in hand.....
"A man has to know his limitations" - Detective Harold Callahan
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/15/16 at 9:04am
Hahahaha, that was bad timing for sinbad, I was of course already miffed at the sheaf bag and thought he was mocking me.  Dude is dressed with flowing scarves, of course a genie is always what we think of when we think the era of Ren.   I wanted to whack someone at that point.  And nothing says Ren fest like a giant game of Jenga.  You might have had to pull the emergency kit and run and give him a cigar. 

Still shocked at the Sherwood sign so sturdily mounted.  I gave that thing a good pull.

Got some legs Wens, felt decent, but not recovered. 
Bike
Stretch
Sprints
One leg presses
Squats, weak sauce
Bounding, stopped by my ice man on the way home and got frosty in the tub.  40 pounds till melt. 

That was really a fun trip, need more of all of that. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/18/16 at 9:11am
Friday got some pull and all, one of the new guys, Pete who throws with me used to be on Cal Deitz staff, the guy with tri phasic.  He has been teaching and talking on French Contrast training and it interests me.  Anyway, I went in and did some bike and long stretch out.  Felt decent and got my snatch back on.  Was able to do it with no pain, wow. 

So did snatch doubles, super set with seated jumps.  Two of each.  Did not jump on anything, not interested in the leg lift portion of that, just the blast up.  I kind of liked it. 

Then did some lat, did one arm t bar row.  I needed to go lighter as it was still the week after the game and I take about a week to get my weight back on me.  So I have a couple plates on the T bar and it was so light, figured hey do it with one hand.  It is still light, but this makes it more interesting.  So blasted the lat that way.  Then keeping the theme took the poor cable routine kids one hand cable attachment and hooked it to the lat pull down and tried to tear the cable off one handed.  Was harder, quite a bit harder to just pull down with one hand.   I did not do the stack.  Then did some BB lat action for pump.  Felt good. 

Concentration curls, feeling like Ed Corney in pumping iron.  Then some alternating curls, worked sets of 5 from 40's to 60's.  Was enough. 

Cheryl got me this new cooler.  Has wheels and is like our throwing boxes with the handles.  40 pounds of ice fits in real good and I loose no to melt.  40 pounds of ice in the tub.  Comfortable numb.  Went numb 6 days last week. 

Saturday got some throwing.  It was hot, got out there at 8:30 but still late.  Stone, heavy and light all felt good.  In contrast to the week before at the game where I fell or almost fell half my throws.  Makes me angry.  So we did the three events and started some sheaf.  The heat was too much and I did not do what I should have and stop.  I went too far of course and started throwing up.  Clearly past time to stop.  I took my cooler and got 40 pounds and I cooled right down.  And the cooler is in Bama colors. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/18/16 at 4:16pm
Looks like the chillin' out and the low carb stuff are making a positive difference??
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/19/16 at 1:08pm
I have had some better days for sure.  Just had a tough one at a game and frustrated me, held diet going out of town and took ice bath in hotel.  But I have the ice down to a science now with my new cooler on wheels, I loose very little to melt in transport and get a long cold freeze.  With my low ejection fraction my legs are cold for long long time.  Changing workouts and starting to like how I look even.  Very lean and more shape.  Getting very vascular.  Cheryl really likes how I look on another positive note.  So that.  Have been doing the sprints to start legs now a couple of months.  This past week tried some bounding and then some jumping also on Snatch day.  Limited, but trying them to see.

Last night got my press on and stayed with the reps from last week and expounded on it. 
Dumbell overhead 40 x 20, 50 x 15, 60 x 10, 70 x 8
Incline 75's x 11, shoulder was pretty good w the overhead and first set and rep it hurts bad every rep.  Can't find a groove.  Do 5 painful ones and then move it around at the top and do about 5 more and stop.  Wind my shoulder a few times and move it around and it feels pretty decent?
Sit down and do 15 reps with zero pain slow and smooth.  I guess it is a floater.  Anyway, proceeded to do 2 more high reps sets, slow sweet and got some chest in there.
Hammer incline, bunch of reps for 3 sets. 
Cable cross overs lot of reps 2 sets
Side laterals, 3 sets of bunch
Dips, 4 sets of more than 8
Push downs 3 sets of a lot of reps and then some toe presses for the lower leg.  Home for the 40 pound freeze.  Cheryl did not want her NY strip last night so I ate two of them. 

Got ironhead a door pullup bar for his birthday.  This weekend he did a set of 4 from full hang to chin over the bar.  Decent start, 10 years old. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/26/16 at 8:26am
Last week I struggled.  I am not sure if my weight or just not recovering, but leg day last week sucked.  I sprinted, one leg press and squats.  Was weak in squats and not happy about it. 

Took it easy on Friday pretty much, backed down my volume.  Saturday tried to do the same.  Pete threw some hammer and could not stop myself, I like throwing it.  My shoulders are squeeling from that.  That said last night got in for my push day.  Even with the shoulders hurting they warmed up and worked good for me. 
Bike stretch shoulder pre hab and all that, then
Standing overhead press, 40's x 20, 50's x 20, 60 x 15, 70 x 10, 75 x 5
Incline 80 x 12 for 3 sets and felt pretty decent shoulder wise with pain.  Oh it hurts
Hammer incline, 3 sets of a lot of reps
Cable cross over 3 sets of bunch
Side laterals, 25's for 3 sets of a lot, but less each set.  Now why do people have to grab the smallest dumbell and stand in front of the rack doing some bastardized movement but keeping me from the weight.  I just called the guy the protector of the rack and moved him out.  He understood it appeared.  As much as I cared to notice anyway. 
So I am doing dips then and these two non lifters are doing cable curls.  This is completely true, I am sitting there watching this crap and one of them actually looks at me in a sweat ball and asks if I approve?  Well I expressed I did not.  Explained if they wanted their arm to get larger they would have to do something hard, not a machine my mom works on.  Pointed them at the dumbell rack and told them to work up to the hundreds and their arms would be big then.  They left.  I said it nice.  Anyway 4 sets of dips and push downs and toe presses in abundance.  And out. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/16 at 1:11pm
Last night got some legs.  I have been doing all this leg stuff prior to squatting and then squatting pretty decent.  At the same time with my diet change my body is recomping some, read loosing fat and weight.  Skinny.  I am super lean right now.  My groove is gone squatting, or lost someplace, all my leverage points feel different.  I did some bike and stretch and then went back to basics. 
Squat, 135 x 3, 135 x 3 no groove, 225 x 3, something in the top front of my hip, where my leg attaches is really talking to me.  275 x 1, yep still hurting, 315 x 3 don't feel it anymore after the first rep.  Hurt and then was gone.  Body has no groove, all over the place.  My legs feel numb and then after wrapping I am not feeling my feet at all, so can't tell if I am forward or back until it is late, hard to control body squatting, 365 x 2, wanted to do three but all over the place.  Back down to 225 x 3 for 3 sets of long pause.  At least I can control it.  The a tri set of calf press, leg curl and leg extension, blood flow for 2 rounds.  Frustrated with how weak so fast, I think the power is there, just have to find groove again.  Ice bath and Cheryl laid down a rib roast on me.  Boom  Food photos coming soon.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/17/16 at 9:24am
OK, have not posted in a bit.  You think I was not training?  Of course I have been.  I did deload a week and then came back strong.  Mo has seemed to come back to town and I have some. 

Monday my second week back pushing.  I went quite exotic. 
I will detail each movement not to confuse for each body part.

Shoulders
Overhead dumbells, 40, 50, 60, 70 x 10, then the 80s for 4.  Lost my balance with them overhead.  Can't feel feet so you don't know when your off until late. 

Chest,
Incline dumbells, 70 x 10, 80 x 8, 90 x 7, 95 x 6

Tris
Dips, 4 sets

I felt like I needed to bodybuild after this so I did one set of side laterals and one set of cable cross overs and one set of push downs.  And I was out and felt really good.  Now shoulder sqeeeling the next day, but meh. 

Now in the gym I  think I have seen most ideas, but nope.  We have a young man I have spoken about prior.  I think from now on we will call him he peacock.  He poses more than any human I have seen.  And is about my height and a buck seventy.  He bastardizes every movement to the point it works front delt.  And just comes in and wails on what ever and poses.  He competed in a contest you keep your pants on.  Anyway, he is laying on the bench next to me and his partner who is following the peacock hands him a 45 plate.  He mashes it between his hands and pushes it up and down like a bench kind of.  Like mashing your palms together and pushing them away from your chest, getting his 45 pound chi right.  Was amazing, and I almost said something, but no, held my mouth closed.  Instead I went and got my ice and took a bath.  Last week did it 7 days a week. 

Here are some meals of late.  Yes I do a little carb on workout nights.  Legs are numb as crap.  Just don't have any other ideas of late. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/17/16 at 9:42am
45lb bench chi........classic!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/16 at 8:00am
OK, have been training like maniac and had incredible week last week.  All three days crazy good.  So typical me, I did not nibble last week as I should have, I took a big bite.  And of course my mentality is why not take another this week.  Well Monday I found while I desired to do that, my shoulders were still upset about the big portions.  I have not been inclining a lot of late, as I do it after shoulders are pre done first.  But last week I was strong on shoulder press and then went up on incline from 95's for six the week prior to hundies for 8.  Mo mo is what I call that.  Mo weight, mo reps, mo better.  Leg day was equally crazy, on my set I was programmed for a set of one rep, I did 4.  So this week expecting to be just rolling, my body said nope.  We are still pissed about last week and just not recovered. 

Now while Monday I was not recovered, I did not admit that until the end.  The peacock was there training with me.  He is a freestyle guy.  Just grabs a weight and might do a couple or three movements with it, reps are just done at random.  The jewel of his training is that he is so horrible in execution he bastardizes it all to work front delt.  No matter the movement he always works front delt  I actually took the time to explain the delts to him about 6 months ago but my sanity returned and I shut up and don't say a word.  But dude is wailing those 25's in stuff not found in Bill Pearl's book even.  New stuff, like upper front pec shrug.  He actually teaches this to the really skinny guy that follow peacock.  Anyway I am next to him like a cave man pushing heavy weight over head and then incline heavy, did do the 110's even in my non recovered state,  he has done 63 movements while I did 2.  I said hi trying to be as sincere as possible without showing my disdain and shook his hand.  Well everything changed at that moment.  His hand just disappeared inside my paw and was enveloped by the man hand.  I then of course applied pressure giving a man hand shake and of course it adjusted the bones in his tiny little hand an it went pop.  So now I feel sorry for dude with the little hands and prolly won't make fun of him.  Well...........  His cable routine is epic. 

Back to training.  On leg day the minimalist programed this week to be light and peasy.  Well if I had correlated my other days with that I would be happy so going to try and do that the rest of the week and then prob ease up next Monday also. 

John Mica coming in Saturday to toss around some.  That should be fun, my new guy went 97 in heavy hammer so that is pretty decent and improving his other numbers. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/16 at 8:16am
Training looking good as are those meals.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/16 at 4:14pm
I feel gainz just reading this log and looking at food porn......
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/16 at 1:54pm
Training still going very fabulous.  My first month of 531 felt real good coming back into that.  Now in second week of second month.  Yesterday had a real nice push day with some overhead dumbells and incline.  Hit the 110's x 6 on incline so please.  Shoulders not so bad, but had to work to do it.  A lot of dips, 6 sets.  Then one set of side laterals and one set of push downs.  The pushdowns were a waste.  That was it.  Lot of pressing basics. 

Getting ready for KY game this weekend with KO, should be fun.  Going to pretty much train through it as I need to get some leg power back.  I am super lean right now and adding the extra protein lately has helped me.  Been hitting the ice every day about.

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/16 at 6:54pm
Looking solid- definitely need to keep protein up! ( I'm usually at least 200gm per day- via mostly meat and about 12 eggs a day)
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/19/16 at 1:18pm
I seem to be just continuous protein.  Drinks, bars, meat, nuts, well not a lot of nuts as they run through.  But a lot of protein drinks.  Have had of late times when my legs ache, I will drive for a long ways and get out and they start just aching, but I can feel them, and when it is doing that it seems like the mush in my ankles is less? 

I threw well this weekend in the weights.  I was able to move better and feel my feet it seemed.  I stayed on diet the whole trip up to KY and was decent.  We had a rain delay for over an hour and it cooled down and so did I.  I was never the same after that.  Hurt my shoulder doing wob and just was like two different days completely.  Shoulder is feeling better now, but going to just put some reps into it today and get blood flowing.  I still feel fazed from it all.   Did the game, jumped right in the truck and drove a lot of hours and got home at 10:30 PM.  Took while to wind down of course so about midnight I tossed to sleep. 

I now have the post game blues.  The let down from a game is so palatable.  I don't do a game very week, so I notice it.  Next game is Indy I think.  If all keeps going forward.  Saw Doug Ballard at this game.  He is coming back from surgery a couple weeks ago to fix his hernia, he looked fantastic as he drove Alex down and she looked better of course.  She also threw some PR's as usual.  Pr machine.  Zack was there in the a group and he looked very good and explosive.  Fun guy to throw with.  It was a KO game and of course I love him and Mel.  Just great people. 

Last week I trained almost as usual.  Leg day I hit my squat numbers and then shut it down and did no further assistance.  Done in hopes I can then hit my next numbers this week and just pretend I did not do a full game and drive 960 miles. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/20/16 at 7:48am
Went in last night for some push.  My body felt beat up and I was kind of afraid of what my shoulder would feel like.  I know I banged my cuff up in WOB at the game.  The one that I had fixed already.  But it warmed up and felt great last night.  Course I medicated the hell out of it.  But still, felt fine.  Just did 3 sets of 20 reps overhead and that seemed to really flush me.  Wow, I was smoking.  Then incline, wanted to do 20 reps, but my shoulders tapped out and I did 3 sets of 15, then a few sets of dips and out.  Peacock was there strutting.  Of course he took my incline as he had to use that with the cable machine.  Dude had more cable movements than you can even think of.  It is to the point I can't even look at the dude.  He is a 10 in effort and a zero in prep and knowledge.  Just looks up and sees something and goes and does it.  Of course he never sees the squat rack or dead lift bar.  Or anything heavy really.  Just pump some weights and pose it down.  With a selfie of course. 

What is it about the highland games that makes people feel if they are huge, not muscular they should do this?  If they have never done a thing since Jr. High except try and break a wr on soda consumption, why do they look up at the games and say, this is for me?  Only sport in the world, you have the super unqualified take residence.  I mean the weakest person in the gym and she will come out and be horrible thrower to boot and feel we wish to watch this shit show game after game.  And think the lack of power and technique is still cute and funny the 20th time?  Please practice some before doing a game.  Be competent.  You get a pass the first game, after that we expect you to practice.  Digging for worms is not a caber technique either so stop doing it and encouraging others to do the same. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/22/16 at 8:20am
Got my squat on last night.  I am starting to get some momentum back here and get on a roll.  Was supposed to hit a single and got it for 4.  Very pleased.  Did some pause squats after and then some rack lock outs.  Not a ton, just getting work.  Then did bear crawl around gym, got about 80 seconds this time. 

We have two rooms in our gym.  The general area and then the power room.  Peacock was at the gym, but of course he is not coming back into the power room.  That would involve real weight lifting and there are no cables back there. 

Came home to a rib eye and yam. 

Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/22/16 at 12:47pm
"no cables in there"

reminds me of

Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/27/16 at 7:15pm
Went in Friday and did some lat and bicep.  Shoulder hurt me some so no pull ups.  Did a bunch of pull downs and tried to pull the cable off the machine.  Not sure why that does not hurt my shoulder and pull ups does?  Weird.  Then did some seated curls, went up to some 70's and felt decent. 

Saturday just tossed the heavy weight and sheaf.  My heavy weight is good and my one turns felt best ever.  Sheaf is crap, my timing is off.  I am strong, but just not hitting position and pulling it to the block.  Frustrating. 

Monday was start to deload the thing.  I did some good bike and stretching, lots of cuff.  Then did some flat dumbell benching, never do that and did not do a lot or heavy, only 80s for a few, then some kettlebell presses like I was throwing a stone, did a few of those and some goofy tricep thing that stretched me nice.  That was it.  Feel pretty good today like I am all ready to go and no place to unload.  Wednesday I do my deload squat action.  Strange for me to deload and not be sick from over training or hurt.  To deload first is just nutty.  But my body really feels ready to do something.  Already have the numbers for the next cycle and dwelling on them.  Minimalist has me in a very sweet spot right now.  The shoe thing is working also with the oly shoes suggested by BTB.  No play in them, keeps my feet locked in and helps with my balance action. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/16 at 8:43am

This is what has been happening of late.  Getting down tonight with some lat bicep action. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/16 at 12:58pm
Shoes......lol......Ive been lifting barefoot.   Hobbit feet need no stabilization!!
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/16 at 8:40am
I wish I could just feel my feet again Tony. 

Went in last night and got some push on.  Going to indy this week to throw.  Went back to bar incline and found I was weak as crap last night.  Hammer incline and it sucked.  But at least I know where I am at.  Shoulders felt good and pressed overhead and then dips.  Had a 45 on me some sets and did not notice it.  Incline, overhead press, dips.  That is all.   Peacock was there teaching.  Dude has the worst form in our universe but is teaching other d bags.  Amazing. 

Back to our throwers section.  When the worst thrower in our game finds a new thrower and declares them what ever is that good?  They proceed to show a guy using a caber about as tall as him and digging for worms picking it of course is that supposed to be good?  And the poor guy with the weakest woman we have in this sport teaching you.  Pathetic.  Outdoor highland games peacock. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/16 at 5:59pm
Went in last Wednesday to squat.  It went horrible, just bombed.  Could not do what I did weeks ago.  Not sure, not eating enough.  Just stunk.  Real good to get ready for the game.  Not sure what happened, had some mo and gone.  So rested and drove up to Indy on Friday.  Picked up Mr. Durso on the way in Franklin.  Went by the Iron Pit gym and saw Doug Ballards place.  Nice serious hard old school gym.  Would love to train there.

Had decent day in Indy.  Got second behind Rick Kramer.  I had a few events I won, and had decent day.  We did 10 events really.  Two hammers, two stones and a caber to get to the challenge caber.  Took until 6:30 and done.  Hopped in the truck and drove home.  10 hours straight home and it was pretty brutal.  Gained hour and still got here at 3:30 in the morning.  Wow that was tough at the end. 

So worked Monday, holiday and we are having a tough time with Cheryl's mom.  She has battled ovarian cancer for 17 years, but pnemonia has her now and it appears to be grave.  So Tuesday I drove another 11 hours to take her to see her mom.  Yes, my ass is brutal sore.  Pat Komin is my mother in law.  I know you hear stories about these jerk in laws.  Mine has been a joy.  I love the lady.  Never a problem my whole life and just nothing but support.  It is a shame we are going to loose her.  Praying for god's grace.

So I had to decide what to do with my new squat cycle.  First day I bombed, do I ignore and move on, do I adjust?  So figured I would ignore, and hey, just drove to Indy and Florida in the mean time and competed in a highland game.  Not really optimal recovery.  So went in last night and sure enough was able to hit the number.  I hit the last warm up and it was tough.  Did not think I could do it, but went for it anyway and sure enough got the triple.  Very pleased. 

So trying to eat more and somehow recover for next week. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/16 at 6:15pm
Sending positive thoughts for your Mother-in-law Pat.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/16 at 5:24pm
We lost Pat and I am not even sure this is the place to post that.  But since I posted earlier about my problems with training and this is certainly a factor.  This was tough week.  We lost her Monday and went in Wednesday and still hit my number on squats.   It was not a good or easy day at all.  You hear all the jokes and crap about a mother in law.  Pat was none of that.  She was given away as a child as her mom could not raise her, at a very young age.  She was a Chicago gal, tough as nails and worked hard always.  Fast to laugh and Catholic.  I married her baby of 3.  The lady never put me down, she never took the other side, she was just fine person and I miss her and am less now that she is gone.   

Friday got a little back in and am just over done.  My body is fried.  Saturday just could not move or get my body to warm up when I tried to throw.  So to make it easier drove to Florida Sunday to get Cheryl.  Glad to have her back home.  But my back and ass are just beat. 

Yesterday went in for deload chest day, tossed a medicine ball against a well for 3 sets of chest passes.   Felt good and explosive.  Then some kettle bell presses overhead for shoulders and some crap dumbell action to stretch my tris out.  Just got some easy movement in.  Hope to coast this week into a real good week next week. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 55>
  Share Topic