Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Jake Sullivan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 55565758>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/15 at 1:08pm
What's your rep/set scheme like? I mean I know what you're talking about but usually if I've set the second exercise up right, I'm nice and warm for it, so less setup time.
Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/15 at 3:38pm
Quote I'm just sick of being in the gym for a long time. 2-3 big movements mean I'm going to be stuck there for 2+ hours. I don't like limiting rest between sets either because then I'm just exhausted the entire time. I don't want to not enjoy training. 

This speaks volumes to me. I would say- one big movement for strength, same movement for some speed work; accessory/assistance; get out.

I think you can do this twice a week, throw 4-5x a week and kick ass.

Alternatively; 2 big movements 2 x a week

throw + assistance lifts 4 x a week

Now what I consider to be assistance and what you do may be completely different, so YMMV.

One of my favorite sessions used to be Stone, LWFD, Trap Bar deads to a heavy single, go home. 
I also used to like WOB, Hammer, Curls, Pushdowns.

Bottom line- in my mind - if you are happy in the gym, on the field and get to do the other important life things as well you're going to see improvement.

jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/08/15 at 10:42am

threw on Saturday, it went ok. Need to drop my hips better on Bstone, not getting any snap and letting my upper body push too far forward. Open is getting better, again, still need to keep hips lower. Trying to get out of the get the left down and pop mindframe and instead get the left down and turn. Positive results still. Hammer, funny story. As I was waiting for the other guy to show up before we started throwing, I went back and watched a hammer tutorial. More specifically, my own hammer tutorial. The whistle analogy, using the right hip to drive the hammer across and up IN FRONT of me (vs way out to the left) while staying loose and relaxed, pushing with the left hand to continue acceleration behind me. Yeah, my own tutorial. Just goes to show, don't lose sight of what is proven to work while in your pursuit of the next level. Almost this entire year has been spent trying to better my throws from last year, when all I had to do was keep at it and get faster. Duly noted. Oh yeah, hammer practice went fantastic.

Moving on..

SAT 9/5 - DAY3 @ 2PM

• C2 Rower (intervals with the missus) 1000m in 3:54, 1000m in 3:52, 500m in 1:58
  • 2x10 stepup onto 19" bench
  • broad jump into high jump 2x5
  • speed squat 135x5x3sets
  • band woodchops 2x10

The 500m was supposed to be a sprint, but I came out too fast and crashed hard. I had a solid 1:26 pace until 1:00 and my body just shut down. Only reason I finished the 500m was because my wife was giving me crap. I took 30ish seconds to regroup and finished out at a slow pace. The rest of the stuff took about 30 minutes to do at a leisure pace which was solid.

MON 9/7 - DAY1 @ 4PM

• Hip snatch 155x3x6sets
  • 30 pullups (10x3)
  • Front squat to 365x2, 405x1
  • Hanging knee ups & band ab pushdowns 2x12

This took about 80 minutes after warmup only because when I finished the double at 365 I decided I was going to go for a single with 455 so I took some extra time resting between the sets. After 405 flew up, I then decided I didn't want to push too hard since I've got Estes this weekend. Last thing I need is to burn out or get hurt so I called it there. Was supposed to do some 800m shuttles but meh, didn't feel like it.

Threw some stone and hammer this morning. Went well. Kept hips low on standing throws and pushed a bit harder against my left leg during the set up. Been working on a more active left arm for a stronger block and I think this is doing well. Best throw was 48ft standing so I'll take that for now. Did a couple wheel drills to work on pulling the stone (keeping right hip in front). From there I took about 12 full throws with the spin. Keeping hips low and in front of the stone. Body still wants to gravitate towards jumping at the front but its getting smoother. Widened my stance out of the back which snapped my lower body around better at the front. Again, thinking max time on the ground = max time to apply force, keep hips in front, almost like I'm dragging the stone. Went 53 for the best of the day. Considering I'm fatigued (like usual), still had a few good tosses. Hammer was just as good as Saturday with a best at 137. Working, again, relaxed and loose like the whistle analogy. Catch, accelerate, let it climb, catch, accelerate, let it climb, etc. From there, adding speed from the end of the throw forward. Just focused on adding speed on #3 and around into the finish.

Going to do some RDLs and thrusters tomorrow followed by some more throwing and it's time to rest for the weekend.

jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/15 at 10:28am
Got some last minute work in this morning.
Up at 3am for some reading then into the garage at 4ish.

WED 9/9 – DAY2 @ 4A
    RDLs to 315x5x2sets, 365x5
    Meadows rows 135x8x2
    Ring tricep extensions 2x10
    Thrusters to 185x5
    Ab wheel 2x10

Threw the 49 and 25 wfd. A handful of one turns before moving to the fulls. Tech feels solid. Biggest cue today was to get the left down fast at the front. The faster it gets down, the longer I can apply force for a stronger push into the field. Time to heal up now for Estes. Wanted to hit 225x5 on thrusters but 185 felt good/fast and I needed to get going. Probably should’ve hit some caber/wob/sheaf but whatevs. Last caber/wob practice went pretty well so I don’t want to screw that up and sheaf just is what it is, lol.
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/15 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by jsully jsully wrote:

Up at 3am for some reading then into the garage at 4ish.

Respect! What are you reading that early?
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/09/15 at 4:55pm
thanks boss.. I'm thumbing through 3 books right now:

1) the Bible
2) honor based parenting
3) day trading

Usually I spend the mornings reading #2, lunches reading #3 and evenings reading #1.
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/15 at 7:31am
Training the mind, training the body. I love it
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/15 at 11:05am

Estes Park 2015

You know it is a good day when your wife follows up text message reports with "My husband is getting pro placing again!!!". lol, high expectations I suppose.

• Bstone 40+ (7th)
  • Ostone 49+ (5th)
  • HWD 44+ (1st) 3 fouls @ 46+
  • LWD 88+ (3rd)
  • HHammer 110+ (2nd)
  • LHammer 144+ (1st) 145+ on extra
  • Sheaf 30 (7th)
  • WOB 15 (8th)
  • Caber 18x100 = 12:10, no turn on 2nd caber (7th)

Overall 3rd

Best game of the year thus far, performance wise that is. Looking at all those 7th and 8th finishes had me suspect if I finished 3rd only because of the decathlon scoring so I scored the top 5 by standard points and it still put me at 3rd so I'll take it.

First time over 40ft on bstone since Phoenix 2014 so I will take it. My cue of "pulling" the stone seems to be helping. Definitely felt a big push on this. Also gives me confidence that the lack of benching isn't hurting me too much. Ostone went ok, if I had gotten closer to the trig I would've broken 50. Very rotation, which is what I want, but there just wasn't any drive to the trig. I feel like I'm close to getting a big one but something just isn't there. Obv, more work to do.

Fouled my first hwd and backed off on the 2nd for a throw at low 43ft. This was good for 6th I think? Went all out on the last one and overtook Dan with a high 44. Took the extras and had all three at 46+ but all 3 out of the left side. Not landing closed enough after the first turn, got to work on getting down faster. Lwd felt really good but a similar "oh crap" situation existed. Lost the first throw out to the right early and went 77ft. Second was 81 for like 9th place or something. Gassed the crap out of the 3rd for a low 88 footer which got me 3rd. Dan hit 89 and Spencer went mid 88. Solid throws all around.

Heavy hammer was pretty meh. Kept losing my balance forward and couldn't really get a hold of it. Mustered up a high 110 which was barely enough to stave off Kasson. Since I was first on heavy hammer I ended up being last on light hammer so in the interim I took a couple sets of warmup winds. Stood a tad bit taller, got longer sooner and really focused on the push with my left arm behind me. First throw dropped at 144+ and felt great. As soon as I let go I knew it was going to be big, but not that big. I was thinking 137-138ish and they pulled the tape to 144. Pretty stoked. Best throw since Sac'14. Next up was 144 again and I missed the finish on the 3rd to go 138. Beat out McKim on this and that's not something everyone can say so I was pretty stoked about it. I think his best was 143. Took some extras and went 144-145 then fouled the last one as I lost control and almost fell over.

5 minute break for lunch then onto sheaf. My back injury has really jacked with my sheaf so I belted up for each throw and it wasn't too bad. Cleared 30 on my 2nd or 3rd attempt, I can't remember. Had 3 decent shots at 32 but couldn't get it over, best shot was last one where it bounced off the bar. Shrug.

Started wob at about 530pm and I was just crushed. Spencer was impressive as he didn't seem phased by the long day. His energy seemed great and he crushed 18 wob spinning. I hit the bar 3 times at 16 and it is what it is. Just didn't have the it in the tank.

Caber was about as it always is, coupled with fatigue and negligence. Haha.

Loon coming up this weekend. Going to do the same thing this week as I did last week with regards to training (except I'm taking today off, so I'll combine today's weights with tomorrows throw). Last bit of training will be Wednesday morning then relax/recover the rest of the day and into Thursday and Friday. Overally I felt pretty good going into the games. Between the stretching/rolling/ice baths & compression pants I think I put together a pretty good pre-game schedule. I don't anticipate we'll be throwing for 10+ hours at Loon or Celtic so I'm hoping I'll still do well in the energy category. Ha.

jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/15 at 11:36am

went to be late Monday and couldn't get going yesterday morning so I pushed squats back to the afternoon..

TUES 9/15 - DAY1 @ 420P

• Snatch high pulls from pins against doubled mini band - triples to 225x3sets
  • Pullups 8x4
  • Squat 5s up to 405x5
  • 19" step up 2x10
  • Hanging abs w/band ab pushdown 2x12

405x5 was belted and with light knee wraps. Wasn't easy and wasn't terribly hard but it def required a fair amount of effort. Would've preferred to hit some heavy triples but with Loon this weekend and Celtic next, I opted to drop the volume a little and keep the intensity high. About a 1/2 hour later my back pretty much shut down for the night. Sigh.

WED 9/16 - DAY2 @ 415A

• Snatch grip rdl up to 225x15x2sets
  • Yates grip rows up to 225x12x2 sets
  • Thrusters up to 225x5x2sets
  • Tricep extensions on rings 2x12
  • Ab roller 2x10

Again with lower volume and higher intensity. Kept the weight lower and hit some extra reps, this felt good. Took a shade over 60 minutes to complete.

WED 9/16 - THROW @ 540A

• 15.5# stone x stand no reverse, full braemar, middle drills and full throws.
  • 49# & 28# wfd

Good positions and fair distances relative to fatigue from last night and this morning. Still visualizing pulling the stone which is essentially just waiting to strike until my left arm starts pulling back. Great success. Weights feeling ok, but drifting too far left on the first turn leaves me barely out the left side on the finish. Worked on shifting weight back to my right side during the entry, this is keeping my turn tighter and gives me more room. No huge throws here obviously, but everything feels on point. I'll hit some 14# hammer this afternoon and chillax for the rest of the week.

jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/22/15 at 10:22am
Threw like an asshole at Loon. Pretty much all there is to report.

Going to do some speed work today to get the blood flowing then lots of soft tissue work to try to recover for this weekend.

Start cutting weight next week.
Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/22/15 at 10:30am

Threw like an asshole at Loon. Pretty much all there is to report.
Lies. I saw a big 56# come out of you, and that was after you decimated your back.

Start cutting weight next week. 
Shaving the beard off?
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/22/15 at 10:58am
At least you dont look like a asshole....Big smile
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/22/15 at 11:11am
"big" is relative CDB, lol. Was really hoping to go 47+ but that'll have to wait.

Beard stays until I hit target weight.

Target weight = 239

I show up just to make you look better Tony, ha.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/15 at 10:06am
Celtic went awful, just couldn't put it together. I got about as good of a season as I could've with everything that happened. Time to recover, regroup and pull ahead next season.

Dropped the calories down starting this past Tuesday (9/29). Weighed in at 275.8. Was 266.2 (glycogen stores ftw) this morning. Breakdown is roughly 315/25/100 (p/c/f) right now. Taking this week off of all activity. Will start training again next week and moving to a bodybuilding type routine until the end of the year. Will adjust carbs based on activity levels and likely time them around training only. Will also have a carb up day on either Saturdays or Sundays where I'll drop the fat down and try to punch in 600-800g carbs to get everything refilled for the week.
C Cook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/15 at 12:41pm
For what it's worth from a fan's perspective...You've done some great throwing since your collision. More importantly, you've continued to help others with your insight and advice while healing yourself. It's a huge mental hit when you can't find the groove when your body is trying to heal from some serious trauma. IMO it's a lot harder than responding to an athletic injury. I've been in a couple of wrecks and worked many. Glad you're back competing and pushing toward even bigger things next year. If I can offer anything, add in some swimming and other pool work to assist your back and shoulder recovery. God Bless and thanks for all the informative posts.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/15 at 12:43pm
^thanks man, appreciate the kind words.

Finally got back to it. Woke up at 262 Saturday morning before starting my carb up. 6500 cals later (200p/750c/125f) and a couple gallons of water later, I'm sitting at 271 this morning.

SAT 10/10 - "LEGS"
    Squat to 225x10

done in 20 mins, including warm-up. Initially I was going to work up to 315x10. 225x10 was much more effort than I felt it should have been so I stopped there. First training in 3 weeks so figured I'd just start slow. ha.

MON 10/12 - CHEST/BACK
bike x30mins

Bench 135x3-4... pain (rt shoulder)
    Ring push ups x3-4... pain
    Decline ring push ups 3x10
    Ring flyes 3x10
    Band flyes 2x12
    BB rows 135x12x3
    One arm band rows 2x10
    Band straight arm pushdowns 2x10

RC rehab work

This took longer than I wanted to (about 70 mins) because I had to keep figuring out things to do that wouldn't hurt. I've got a better idea now so hopefully I can cut it down to about 45 mins next week.

TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/15 at 1:59pm
The first week back is always the hardest. I zombie walked for a week after squats last week. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/15 at 9:53am
WED 10/14 - SHOULDER/BI/TRI

Strict ohp to 135x10
empty bb front raises x25
band side raises x25
empty bb upright rows x25
bb shrugs 135x25
empty bb curls 2x25
empty incline bb skulls x25

<30 mins.. feel the pump
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/15 at 9:05am
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/15 at 9:26am
I was going through my saved email drafts. 

It's been awhile and since you're just a pump artist now (which I actually support) and since I'm retired now, there's no better time than to bust your balls. 

Originally posted by jsully on 3/16/12 jsully on 3/16/12 wrote:

I should be out to 55' soon enough with the south african.

03/24/12 - 47'
04/14/12 - 43'
05/11/12 - 51'
07/21/12 - 47'
09/01/12 - 44'
10/12/12 - 51'
11/03/12 - 46'

03/23/13 - 49'
04/20/13 - 52'
04/27/13 - 48'
05/18/13 - 53'
05/25/13 - 50'
07/20/13 - 49'
07/27/13 - 47'
08/31/13 - 49'
09/21/13 - 53'
11/02/13 - 49'

03/01/14 - 46'
03/22/14 - 48'
04/26/14 - 50'
05/17/14 - 49'
05/24/14 - 50'
07/26/14 - 47'
08/02/14 - 51'
08/30/14 - 00'
09/06/14 - 10'
09/27/14 - 52'

05/24/15 - 49'
07/18/15 - 45'
07/25/15 - 48'
08/01/15 - 45'
09/12/15 - 49'
09/19/15 - 47'
09/26/15 - 47'

<3 bye. 
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/15 at 9:36am
Also, gimme the basic breakdown of what you're daily food looks like.  I'm curious. 
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/15 at 9:58am
man, you couldn't even edit out the '00 or '10 huh? sheesh, tough crowd

What can I say? I've gone 55-56 several times in practice, just can't put it together on the field. I've also gone 40+ with a 23.5# stone 5+ times in a row in practice (several times), yet have only done it 3 times in 3 years on the field. Stones just aren't a strong point for me, lol.

Breakown is sitting around 300-315 pro, 30-50 carb and 100-120 fat.

Since I'm lazy, I drink a lot of shakes right now.

10am-ish 3 scoops protein
2pm-ish 12oz turkey or chicken with an avocado or something
6pm-ish 6-8eggs or 12oz chicken/steak with some sort of fat making up the rest of what I need
8pm-ish 2 scoops protein

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/15 at 10:04am
The "10" is awesome, let's be real. 

There's a reason no one ever knew what I threw in practice, lol. 

Ugh...I hate shakes.  What kind of turkey/chicken?  I love the simplicity of it all.  I've been wondering if should move my morning carbs (brown rice) or just delete them altogether to see if that makes a change.  And sans the shake, it's similar to what I do.  Chicken for lunch, steak for dinner.     
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/15 at 10:10am
the first week was tough, mainly because going from 4000cals to 2500cals is going to have a profound "shrinking" affect on my stomach so appetite is on overdrive. But now, I'm not even really hungry until 11am or so. Like I said, the shake is just because I'm lazy and don't like to make more food than I have to.

On days I train I'll have 20-80g carbs (Gatorade powder) surrounding my workout, but that's about it. When I start jogging later this year or early next I'll probably up the carbs to support the higher activity energy requirements.

Ground turkey & chicken breast, respectively. I get my ground turkey from Costco, it's the butterball brand. Delicious. I get my chicken from zayconfoods.com 120lbs at a time. Probably going to get some Alaskan cod and Kielbasa from them soon as well. I've been wanting to get a meat grinder for my wife's mixer so we can grind chicken and do more with it.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/15 at 12:34pm

legs last night

MON 10/19 - LEGS @ 6P

• Squat to 275x10
  • 19" step ups 2x15 each side
  • RDL 135x15x2sets

Warm up to finish = 52mins

This was miserable. Squat went bar, 95, 135, 185, 225, 275 all for 10s. Finished up very nauseated despite some decent rest gap toward the end. Crawled inside and laid on the tile floor under the overhead fan for about 20 mins. 1# steak and 1/2 dozen eggs to finish the night strong. Goal is 315x10 and to do 50 repss total of the step ups and RDLs next week. Should probably add in some ab work, meh.

TUES 10/20

• 13.25mi bike ride into work in 54ish mins

BW @ 261

jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/15 at 4:40pm
WED 10/21 - CHEST/BACK @ 6P
    Ring pushups x40
    Ring flyes x40
    Band flyes x40
    135# bb rows x40
    Band pulldowns x40
    Straight arm band pushdowns x40

Broke up sets as need be, most were sets of 15-20. Finished in under 45mins.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/15 at 9:06am

not really feeling like training much lately. lol. I hate moving through the workout with 30 second rest times so I started thinking about what I could do to increase volume a little while keeping my overall time down. Last week rest time was minimal and got pretty sick towards the end, today was a fair success.

TUES 10/27 - LEGS @ 430A

• Squat up to 275x10 (80% effort here), 135x20 (80 total reps)
  • Pullups x60

52 minutes. Not bad, wasn't incredibly slow, wasn't incredibly fast. I likely could've done 295x10, but my GAF was dropping considerably with every rep of 275.

Rode bike into work. 13.25miles in 56:00. Legs are crushed.

Lower back more fatigued than my legs. Still pretty iffy overall, but it's coming along. Time to start doing low back extensions again. Knees pretty sore but felt fine on the bike ride.

jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/15 at 8:35am
WED 10/28 - SHOULDERS/ARMS @ 520P
    strict OHP up to 135 for 50 total reps
    bb shrugs up to 225 for 60 total reps
    bb curls up to 65 for 65 total reps
    incline bb close grip pushups up to +mini band (around shoulders) for 60 total reps

Roughly 45ish mins. Very pumpy.

Hit the stationary bike for 30mins this morning. Bench/rows tonight. May have figured out a way to bench despite the shoulder. I doubled a mini band and put them around my wrists then walked my hands out to a wide(ish) grip. This seemed to force me to keep my rear delts activated which didn't seem to allow my shoulder to move around to its compromising position. Granted, it was really light weight. We'll see how it fares tonight when I put 135+ on the bar. Fingers crossed.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/15 at 8:23am
Fingers crossed. How'd it go?
The man in the arena.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/15 at 10:53am
very poorly.

I even tried incline bench and nada.

I resorted to an end of a green band in each hand, wrapped around my back, neutral grip pressing. Sigh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 55565758>
  Share Topic